Remove this Banner Ad

Real Insight

Debutant
Suspended
Aug 14, 2008
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure if I was seeing things, but I'm pretty sure I read Medhurst's lips and he said "F*** off Jack" in that 2nd quarter.

i could see what both players were talking about, Medhurst couldn't get the ball to him so took the shot on goal, while Jack was open and letting Medhurst know.

Just one of them nights

LOL @ Dave. It is a finals match mate, did you want him to not give a shit like Spider Everitt in his last game.

In regards to the infighting... I think he was just frustrated. Lot of frustration tonight.

Nah, despite what a couple of people making fun of Dave's comment, I kinda agree. Its not that we don't want him to be making a 100% effort, but watching him in the last couple of weeks, it looks a bit like he's trying to force things to happen rather than just relaxing and playing his natural game. It's like a batsman trying to hit every ball hard, rather than simply applying himself 100% to making each play on its merits. He's thinking about how's he's playing a bit too much IMO. I think also he's trying too hard to be "unselfish" and do the "team thing" even though on occasion he'd be better to just take the shot himself.

Nah, despite what a couple of people making fun of Dave's comment, I kinda agree. Its not that we don't want him to be making a 100% effort, but watching him in the last couple of weeks, it looks a bit like he's trying to force things to happen rather than just relaxing and playing his natural game. It's like a batsman trying to hit every ball hard, rather than simply applying himself 100% to making each play on its merits. He's thinking about how's he's playing a bit too much IMO. I think also he's trying too hard to be "unselfish" and do the "team thing" even though on occasion he'd be better to just take the shot himself.

Maxwell went through the same thing earlier in the year.
It's a completely plausible argument and certainly happens to players.
I don't think Medhurst was a victim of it though ... his run and weave in the last qtr to spot up Brown was the perfect execution of what he may or may not be trying too hard to do.

Maxwell went through the same thing earlier in the year.
It's a completely plausible argument and certainly happens to players.
I don't think Medhurst was a victim of it though ... his run and weave in the last qtr to spot up Brown was the perfect execution of what he may or may not be trying too hard to do.

It's normally the mark of a player who's out of form. Medders was in a purple patch for much of the first two-thirds of the year, but has had a bit of a decline recently - and as mentioned has missed Dids as well. When your form is declining, unless a coach gives you good advice as to what you're doing wrong, its easy to let bad habits or errors slip into your game and then to try and fix the problem by simply trying harder, rather than addressing what it is you've started to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medhurst was very angry .I saw him say F..k O.f twice in a row but I thought he said Shane.Hard to read lips though but he was taking out his frustration on his teammates..not a good sight !!!

exactly who cares. ive had experiances like that on the footy ground but after the match you walk off, shake hands and you're both good blokes.

Who really cares? What a non-issue. Players are frustrated and they are entitled to voice an opinion. Team mates have been arguing for years and now suddenly the leaches in the media take an interest in it and make it an issue.

Who really cares? What a non-issue. Players are frustrated and they are entitled to voice an opinion. Team mates have been arguing for years and now suddenly the leaches in the media take an interest in it and make it an issue.

It's only an issue if you lose. If you win, it's a sign of the commitment and dedication to achieving perfection that only winning teams have. Apparently.

Yep I saw it.

Medders said....'**** off Jack! Just **** off!

Feel sorry for Jacko, no one likes him around the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

"F*** off Jack!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back