F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assumed they'd have to pay him out in full but perhaps you're right.

The deal is essentially pay him what his contract is - minus whatever he gets from another team next year.

So if his only way to stay in an F1 seat is to go to Haas - he has a decent wicket next year but beyond that likely a massive pay cut which could have also been booted out of F1 altogether anyway.

The guy has won lottery about 10 times by now anyway so he shouldn't be too concerned by the money at this late stage of his career I would have thought

Don't know how they're affording that salary.

My understanding is any payment from another team for 23 is returned to McLaren. I'm sure there's something there that stops them paying them $1 for example but maybe the buyout he worked out makes him exempt from that and its just done and dusted.

Haas would make a lot of sense given Dan's popularity in the US.

Dan really only has two options for a F1 seat next year, a sideways step to Alpine (A team he left 18 months ago) or a backwards step to HAAS (which will also mean a massive paycut moving forward).

You would think Alpine would be the best move career wise if he still wants to be relevant in F1. in saying that, he may just be forced to plod around in the HAAS if he wants to keep his f1 career alive if he cant get the Alpine seat, as sitting out for a year etc will mean the complete death of his F1 career (its not like he is a former WDC like Schumacher, Alonso or Kimi all who left and then came back to F1).

But hey, at least he still got paid out his full contract, so cant feel too sad for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back