F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is whether Perez is even capable of better performances, now that Ferrari/McLaren/Mercedes have achieved car parity, and all have better drivers than Perez?

8th seems to be his upper limit now, barring something unforeseen (e.g. the Lando/Max cras).

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They just signed Perez to an extension. He's not going anywhere.
Normally I'd agree 100%, but this is Red Bull and they've shown themselves to be more brutal than most. From what I gather Checo's contract is for next year with an option for a following year. You'd have the guess the option lies with Red Bull dependant on results

I think this latest noise is designed to be a kick up the arse, but there would have to be a grain of truth behind it - if he maintains this form through the end of the year they might not feel they have much of a choice.

If you look at his recent form..
Monaco - The Red Bull just didn't work at this circuit, and even Max couldn't crack the top-5. Even so, 16th was a diabolical qualifying result, which he turned into a DNF.
Canada - His performance here was diabolical, and he can't blame the car (given that Max won the race). He failed to make it out of Q1, and failed to finish the race.
Spain - Finished 8th, which is where he's at now that McLaren/Ferrari/Mercedes have achieved car parity.
Austria - Finished 7th, again, this is his level

If Red Bull want him to finish better than 7th/8th, then they need to give him a car which is superior to the rest of the pack. Given his talent deficit, 7th/8th is the best they can hope for while the car only has parity - the other teams all have 2x drivers who are better than him.

This report on foxsports says that Ricciardo & Perez have a seat-swap clause in their contracts. But how would this work - they still have 5 drivers and 4 seats to fill?

Tsunoda isn't going anywhere, because he's tied to Honda. They still want Lawson in the VCARB in 2025, and he has a get-out clause if they don't give him an F1 seat in 2025. Perez is contracted for 2025, but there's no seat for him at VCARB in 2025.

How does this work?

This report on foxsports says that Ricciardo & Perez have a seat-swap clause in their contracts. But how would this work - they still have 5 drivers and 4 seats to fill?

Tsunoda isn't going anywhere, because he's tied to Honda. They still want Lawson in the VCARB in 2025, and he has a get-out clause if they don't give him an F1 seat in 2025. Perez is contracted for 2025, but there's no seat for him at VCARB in 2025.

How does this work?
If Ricciardo and Perez’s respective forms do indeed trigger a mid-season seat switch, clauses in Perez’s contract would likely then make him a free agent on the driver market for F1 2025

Karun would explode if that swap happened.

Luv to see it for all these reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's baffling the amount of rumour that goes on regarding 20 driving seats..

Last week DR was on the chop and gone
This week he's either going to Williams
OR.. still possibly going to replace Perez!

Roller coaster much?
I think a lot of movements will be confirmed during the mid-season break, after Spa.

It's not all 20 seats which are the subject of speculation - it's really only 5, with 1 seat available at each of Alpine, Audi, Williams, Haas, VCARB. Mercedes also have a seat spare, but Antonelli is really the only driver who has been linked to it. I guess you could add Red Bull to that list, though they have 2x drivers contracted for 2025, so it would be remarkable for that lineup to change (then again, we are talking about Red Bull).

But yes... right now, it's a big rollercoaster.

Don't think Ricciardo deserves to replace Perez. Tsunuda has kicked his ass most of the season.

If Red Bull were smart, they should give the opportunity to Liam Lawson to be number 2 to Max.

Lawson beat Tsunuda last season in 4 out of 5 races. I'm confident that had Lawson been racing this season, he woud of already proven to be the 2nd best driver in the combined RBR/RB team. Just do a straight swap with Perez.

Yep looks like it’s a done deal

Seems like people are happy
d2126a903dbbcd44c43d8028c20f442a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Apparently ocon has signed a deal with haas.

Yep looks like it’s a done deal

Seems like people are happy
d2126a903dbbcd44c43d8028c20f442a.jpg

Yep, that's a poor move from Haas. Ricciardo or Bottas would have been the ideal drivers to pair with Bearman. Instead, Ollie is pretty much in a team of his own as Ocon will be out for himself.

Don't think Ricciardo deserves to replace Perez. Tsunuda has kicked his ass most of the season.

If Red Bull were smart, they should give the opportunity to Liam Lawson to be number 2 to Max.

Lawson beat Tsunuda last season in 4 out of 5 races. I'm confident that had Lawson been racing this season, he woud of already proven to be the 2nd best driver in the combined RBR/RB team. Just do a straight swap with Perez.
Tsunoda hasn't kicked Ricciardo's arse most of the season. Tsunoda has been consistently better but the margin has been very close most weekends.

Kicked his ass? They’re separated on the Drivers Standings by 8 points.

Also, Red Bull are still smarting from promoting De Vries based on one good drive. While Lawson has shown he’s consistent in a small block of races it wouldn’t shock me if they’re going conservative with promoting him.

Yep, that's a poor move from Haas. Ricciardo or Bottas would have been the ideal drivers to pair with Bearman. Instead, Ollie is pretty much in a team of his own as Ocon will be out for himself.
From from I've seen of Bearman in F2 I'd say they'll be taking each other out on a regular basis. I know he's young, but not the most patient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back