F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unexpected. I read they wanted krack from Aston Martin to replace him.

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

I thought the whole reason Seidl went to Sauber was so he would be there for Audi. Seems strange to let him go now.
Been infighting with someone else. Had to choose between the two seidl lost out obviously. Question is does he go to another f1 team or leave f1 altogether

Been infighting with someone else. Had to choose between the two seidl lost out obviously. Question is does he go to another f1 team or leave f1 altogether

Would Alpine want him? Bruno has hardly lit the world on fire.

Last edited:
Max is probably on the phone to Toto right now :sweatsmile: Also turns out maybe Crofty did have a point...

Everyone up in arms about how he's always done this blah blah blah.

Max is quickly learning - lots is let go when you're winning. When the car was as dominant as it was, he could afford to be doing that. With the car now nowhere near as fast, he's now got to be more switched on than ever. Staying up until 3am won't help with him with that.

It's not unreasonable for Red Bull to request this.

Max is getting cranky and restless, he's under pressure for the first time in years and he doesn't appear to be that happy, i wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move in 2025. As for this year, RedBull won't put their 2nd car in the hands of a rookie when the constructors title is still on the line with 11 races to go! Ricciardo is still in the hunt and he's a reliable finisher, they need points consistently from the 2nd driver and they need them in every remaining race, the Belgium GP is make or break for Checo, he needs a top 6 finish minimum?

My bet after the break is Max and Danny Ric until Abu Dhabi and the Max story unfolds?
Yuki and Lawson at VCarb
Checo sits out the year

Then there is Carlos Sainz?

Max is getting cranky and restless, he's under pressure for the first time in years and he doesn't appear to be that happy, i wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move in 2025. As for this year, RedBull won't put their 2nd car in the hands of a rookie when the constructors title is still on the line with 11 races to go! Ricciardo is still in the hunt and he's a reliable finisher, they need points consistently from the 2nd driver and they need them in every remaining race, the Belgium GP is make or break for Checo, he needs a top 6 finish minimum?

My bet after the break is Max and Danny Ric until Abu Dhabi and the Max story unfolds?
Yuki and Lawson at VCarb
Checo sits out the year

Yeh if Max leaves then Carlos gets that seat, providing he hasn't signed for anyone else.

Yeh if Max leaves then Carlos gets that seat, providing he hasn't signed for anyone else.
I wonder if Carlos will try and have something written into his next contract, that basically says he can walk to a RBR seat whenever if its available.

It would be a brave team to agree to those terms lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Carlos will try and have something written into his next contract, that basically says he can walk to a RBR whenever if its available.

It would be a brave team to agree to those terms lol

If you're Williams with the prospect of getting a driver of Sainz' calibre for a year, you'd take that punt surely

If you're Williams with the prospect of getting a driver of Sainz' calibre for a year, you'd take that punt surely
Yep I reckon they would, considering talk was that they already offered Sainz a get out clause after 2 years (one year into the new regs) of a 4 year contract if another team nailed the new regs and he wanted to move.

Yuki and Lawson at VCarb
Checo sits out the year

Checo will struggle to finish higher than 8th, given his current car. He's just not talented enough to beat the McLaren/Ferrari/Mercedes drivers, given the lack of car superiority that he once enjoyed. Of course, Max could always crash into someone again, taking out 1 or more cars ahead of Checo, but 8th is his best position if all other things remain equal.

Whether 8th is enough to keep the wolves away from the door is doubtful.

I agree that a Max/Dan pairing is most likely for the rest of 2024, with Lawson filling the position created at VCARB.

The 2025 permutations are still wide open, until Sainz puts pen to paper.

Checo's as good as gone IMO.

The one thing he has in his favour this weekend, is with Max's engine penalty looming for Spa, this is his chance to show Red Bull he can stand up with Max behind him on the grid.

If he is out in Q1 again or qualifies behind Max with his 10-place penalty added, he's done. I think he's already done, but he's super done. If he qualifies ahead of but still finishes behind Max he's also super done.

I'd be surprised if they swap to Daniel.

Think Checo will be given to the end of the season and then punted.
Horner was quoted as saying that they can't run on one leg, after Checo crashed out in Q1 at Hungary. Their patience is wearing very thin.

Checo is seriously hurting their chances of winning the Constructors Championship, with McLaren rapidly closing the gap.

Horner was quoted as saying that they can't run on one leg, after Checo crashed out in Q1 at Hungary. Their patience is wearing very thin.

Checo is seriously hurting their chances of winning the Constructors Championship, with McLaren rapidly closing the gap.
I agree with Horner but putting Ricciardo in that car is no guarantee to improve results. I know Dan is the big fav around here but I've seen nothing to suggest he'll do any better in that car. Might get the odd result but I still see him running 8th or worse.

Truthfully if I was Red Bull, I'd be putting Lawson straight in. Give him half a season free run at it. Can't do worse than Checo anyway. Will give them their best indication on if he can step up or not.

I agree with Horner but putting Ricciardo in that car is no guarantee to improve results. I know Dan is the big fav around here but I've seen nothing to suggest he'll do any better in that car. Might get the odd result but I still see him running 8th or worse.

It is not so much about finishing 8th since you could argue that anywhere from 1-8 is where the car is at on any given weekend. Everyone also knows that Max is a different level and whoever is in the 2nd seat wont match his results. A large part of the problem with Checo is qualifying and not being near the front to help Max and Red Bull with strategy. Daniel would just have to qualify well and be in the fight near the front to make the swap worth it.

It is not so much about finishing 8th since you could argue that anywhere from 1-8 is where the car is at on any given weekend. Everyone also knows that Max is a different level and whoever is in the 2nd seat wont match his results. A large part of the problem with Checo is qualifying and not being near the front to help Max and Red Bull with strategy. Daniel would just have to qualify well and be in the fight near the front to make the swap worth it.
This is my point though. There's no guarantee Daniel does that for you.

Could give him a token seat for the end of the season but they won't want him in the car next season. To me it makes far more sense to just give it to Lawson. Give him a season and a half and you'll know whether he's worth keeping or not.

On a side note, I think it's ridiculous one team has a feeder team in this category.

Truthfully if I was Red Bull, I'd be putting Lawson straight in. Give him half a season free run at it. Can't do worse than Checo anyway. Will give them their best indication on if he can step up or not.
I think the argument is valid for either Driver. I think Daniel, Yuki or Liam in that car will be an improvement on Perez.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back