F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what makes the most logical sense

Perez out mid-season
Daniel into the main car, given 10 races to see if he can produce better than Sergio
Liam put into the RB, given 10 races to see if he drives like he did last year.

Then at the end of the year
If Daniel proves to be better than Sergio, then give him that seat.
If Daniel fails, and Liam exceeds expectations in the RB, then Liam gets the seat.
If Daniel fails, and Liam underwhelms, then put Perez back in (or go to the external market).
(By all reports, Yuki is not considered an option)

I think what makes the most logical sense

Perez out mid-season
Daniel into the main car, given 10 races to see if he can produce better than Sergio
Liam put into the RB, given 10 races to see if he drives like he did last year.

Then at the end of the year
If Daniel proves to be better than Sergio, then give him that seat.
If Daniel fails, and Liam exceeds expectations in the RB, then Liam gets the seat.
If Daniel fails, and Liam underwhelms, then put Perez back in (or go to the external market).
(By all reports, Yuki is not considered an option)
If Perez goes out midseason there's no way they go back to him.

I’m not sure he’s too worried. I’m sure he wants it to be a car that can win races, but the combination of it being a dream of his and the massive cash will probably be enough to get him through a season.

If it can’t compete it might bring forward his retirement though as I can’t see him putting himself through years of it.

This. It's Ferrari. Loads of drivers still wanted to join even when they were shitboxes.

Knowing Hamilton, though, it would definitely hasten his retirement if they continue being plagued with issues.

I have heard Lawson to Rb Danny out at vcarb and redbulls English driver in f2 taking Danny rics seat

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

I have heard Lawson to Rb Danny out at vcarb and redbulls English driver in f2 taking Danny rics seat

Who is Red Bull's British F2 driver? I only know of Hadjar (FRA) and Marti (SPA).

Who is Red Bull's British F2 driver? I only know of Hadjar (FRA) and Marti (SPA).
I only know of hadjar. But watched a video last night he was saying about an English driver. And cheering having another one can't remember the name though

Hope it isn't Zac o Sullivan though
a2f8f1fb2fac62d7ad804114b41206bc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only know of hadjar. But watched a video last night he was saying about an English driver. And cheering having another one can't remember the name though

I'm guessing you're talking about Arvid Lindblad in but he's only 16 and in F3 (which hasn't stopped Marko talking him up)

I'm guessing you're talking about Arvid Lindblad in but he's only 16 and in F3 (which hasn't stopped Marko talking him up)
It could be he did mention how the age limit changes could help the driver get a drive in f1

I honestly do not see RB giving the second seat to an untried driver.
Not when you run a feeder team for that exact reason.

It's going to be a challenge, regardless of who they put in the Red Bull seat after Spa. The Red Bull is no longer the fastest car in F1 - that title has now passed to McLaren (which nobody would have predicted after their horrible start to 2023). It's debatable whether it's quicker than Mercedes now too.

It's going to be a challenge, regardless of who they put in the Red Bull seat after Spa. The Red Bull is no longer the fastest car in F1 - that title has now passed to McLaren (which nobody would have predicted after their horrible start to 2023). It's debatable whether it's quicker than Mercedes now too.
Fortunately Sergio has set the bar very low. All the replacement needs to do is get into Q3 regularly enough

Fortunately Sergio has set the bar very low. All the replacement needs to do is get into Q3 regularly enough
To be fair, that's probably all they'll be capable of in this car. As I see things, here's the current car rankings (i.e. as per Hungary):
  1. McLaren
  2. Mercedes
  3. Red Bull = Ferrari
  4. Aston Martin
  5. VCARB = Haas
  6. Williams
  7. Sauber
  8. Alpine
8th is arguably the best that anyone could reasonably expect of Checo right now, given that he's the least talented driver in the top-4 teams (with the possible exception of Russell), and the Red Bull car no longer being particularly quick. He should be getting into Q3 on a regular basis, and certainly shouldn't be crashing out in Q1, but expecting him to get anywhere near the podium is entirely unreasonable.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back