F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

so when you’re shown to be wide of the mark - change the goalposts. funny.
I wouldn't call out others for changing the goalposts when......

the reality is that danny ric was disappointing at renault.

Really?

Scored podiums
Comfortably beat his teammates.
5th in WDC in 2020
9th in 2019, and only behind Sainz in the non Mercedes/Red Bull/Ferrari's.

He got everything out of what were midfield cars.

hmm! and mclaren and alpha?

Ricciardo has been the better driver in the last 7 races, once they sorted out the chassis problems. Even Yuki credits his improved results in 2024 on the feedback Ricciardo has been giving to the engineers, helping them improve the car.

As for who replaces Perez... it won't be Yuki, and it won't be Lawson. That really only leaves one candidate, and we know the Red Bull car suits Ricciardo's driving style (where the 2022 McLaren manifestly didn't).
You talking this season or in 2025?

If you're talking 2025 and Ricciardo is the best they can get, it'll be pretty clear that Red Bull is well and truly on the way down.

You talking this season or in 2025?

If you're talking 2025 and Ricciardo is the best they can get, it'll be pretty clear that Red Bull is well and truly on the way down.

They're reminding me of Williams from the late 90s. After the Villeneuve title it all went downhill, lost Newey, always ballsed up their driver choices and burnt bridges with drivers. A little period where they did well in the early BMW years of 2001-04 but then kept dipping.

2024 or 2025. Their field of candidates is the same.
Didn't have to be though. Sainz was/is available.

If they're only not choosing him because of some burnt bridges years ago, they're clearly not interested in being the best team out there. Which is fine but it seems a sure fire way to end up losing the only world class component left in that team - Max. It's pretty clear that currently Sainz > Danny.

They're reminding me of Williams from the late 90s. After the Villeneuve title it all went downhill, lost Newey, always ballsed up their driver choices and burnt bridges with drivers. A little period where they did well in the early BMW years of 2001-04 but then kept dipping.
Tbf people were death riding Red Bull in 2018 when it was announced they would be going to Honda engines, and they ended up nailing the next regs and creating one of the more dominant cars we've ever seen.

How much of that was Newey, I guess we'll find out next time around.

Yes for a sport as long and storied as F1, people only seem to remember last week
A lot of people only started watching F1 in the last couple of years after Drive to Survive blew up, so their only experience of Daniel is him in the McLaren and now the VCARB.

A lot of people only started watching F1 in the last couple of years after Drive to Survive blew up, so their only experience of Daniel is him in the McLaren and now the VCARB.

It’s not even a new fan thing. I started in Austria in 2021. My only experience of Daniel is him in the McLaren and VCARB. It probably doesn’t help that some well known pundits are perpetuating the myth that DR’s Renault stint was not strong

nice try but no cigar. my posts have been
where were the goal posts changed? i didn't question your claim about renault, just you being selective in picking one of the three issues i raised. which you still haven't responded to btw. you had a crack, but no cigar.

Yuki was better at the start of the season. Danny was better through the mid-season. However, Yuki's 7th results in Australia and Miami mean that he currently has more points than Danny. That doesn't alter the fact that Danny's current form (over the last 6 races) is better than Yuki's.

It's very relevant, given that we're talking about how well he would be expected to perform if put into the car.

the issue might be the definition of “entire”. my trusty macquarie dictionary says “not broken or mutilated, being whole, one piece, undivided, intact, continuous”. being selective in the bits you pick isn’t entire. and over the season so far yuki has out-driven danny ric. the driver's standings show that.

the issue might be the definition of “entire”. my trusty macquarie dictionary says “not broken or mutilated, being whole, one piece, undivided, intact, continuous”. being selective in the bits you pick isn’t entire. and over the season so far yuki has out-driven danny ric. the driver's standings show that.
He hasn't been better over the "entire season" though. Yuki was better over part of the season, with Ricciardo better over the latter part of the season.

Given that current form is more important than early season form, it's fair to say that Daniel has the better form of the two.

But it's all a moot point anyway, given that neither Yuki nor Lawson are even being considered for the Red Bull seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't been better over the "entire season" though. Yuki was better over part of the season, with Ricciardo better over the latter part of the season.

Given that current form is more important than early season form, it's fair to say that Daniel has the better form of the two.

But it's all a moot point anyway, given that neither Yuki nor Lawson are even being considered for the Red Bull seat.

* shakes head*

as for yuki - and as i’ve posted with reasons - i don’t think he’ll get a red bull seat either. nor should he to add to previous remarks.

* shakes head*

as for yuki - and as i’ve posted with reasons - i don’t think he’ll get a red bull seat either. nor should he to add to previous remarks.
At the end of the day there are only 2 drivers in line for Perez' seat - Ricciardo & Perez.

However, I also believe that they want Lawson in the VCARB in 2025 - which means Ricciardo's options are Red Bull, nothing, or sign with another team in the next 2 weeks (before the last seats disappear).

At the end of the day there are only 2 drivers in line for Perez' seat - Ricciardo & Perez.

However, I also believe that they want Lawson in the VCARB in 2025 - which means Ricciardo's options are Red Bull, nothing, or sign with another team in the next 2 weeks (before the last seats disappear).

time will tell.

should perez find some form i think they’ll stick with him. the scenario might change should max decide to find an escape clause.

Was hoping he'd go to McLaren. Suppose there's opportunities to work with Aston in other series too though

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
Was hoping he would go to any team that was serious about winning, only way this is a win is if it is true they are trying (why wouldn't they) and they can actually manage to get Verstappen out of Red Bull. Would be fun seeing the chaos that would cause.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back