F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Alonso to finally become a 3 time WDC, I'm all for this timeline!
Think its a great move for the sport. Will no doubt help bring AM back to the front, and say what you will about Lance, but Lawrence Stroll has been pumping money in the AM F1 program like no there is no tomorrow. New state of the art wind tunnels etc

Think its a great move for the sport. Will no doubt help bring AM back to the front, and say what you will about Lance, but Lawrence Stroll has been pumping money in the AM F1 program like no there is no tomorrow. New state of the art wind tunnels etc
The Newey effect won't be immediate, will probably take a year or two of him being there to see anything reflected in performance. Fernando may not be there at that stage.

Might be a dumb question, but where does Lawrence Stroll get his money from?
Business man, specifically in fashion it would seem.

"A bulk of his fortune comes from his investment in Michael Kors as the ensuing IPO in 2011 enabled him to sell his shares in the company, in turn making him a billionaire."

Spotted this on Facebook

454494589_17934589712887227_1771887179115673034_n.jpg

From a few weeks ago but rumours abound that Alpine is about to walk away from it's own engines in favour of Mercedes deal.

I am still a bit sceptical that a customer team can have long term sustained success without controlling the design direction of the power unit. Now yes, McLaren in 2024 are outperforming Mercedes considerably but this is also unique and likely influenced by the engine freeze as McLaren have had 2 seasons to adapt a car to an unchanged engine. Post-2026 where the engines are likely free to change as the season rolls on this will tip the balance back in favour of teams who make their own power unit as has previously been the case.

Still find this a bit disappointing from Renault after investing heaps in trying to resurrect the Alpine name and also dipping a toe into the LMDh series. Renault and Mecachrome have previously built some of the best engines on the grid and have been one of the most successful engine builders since 2000 so it just feels like they've giving up a little too quickly for mine. Are you still a works team without a works engine?

Alonso?
No.
If/when Stroll snr gets a competitive car, his focus will turn to making his boy WC.
And why shouldn’t it? If I was pumping that money in I’d be only happy with the return of my son reaping the benefits.
So while Alonso may think there is a path to a 3rd, I think reality will mean there’s a big fat roadblock.

Alonso?
No.
If/when Stroll snr gets a competitive car, his focus will turn to making his boy WC.
And why shouldn’t it? If I was pumping that money in I’d be only happy with the return of my son reaping the benefits.
So while Alonso may think there is a path to a 3rd, I think reality will mean there’s a big fat roadblock.
Or he goes hard to chase Max if he lands Newey...

From a few weeks ago but rumours abound that Alpine is about to walk away from it's own engines in favour of Mercedes deal.

I am still a bit sceptical that a customer team can have long term sustained success without controlling the design direction of the power unit. Now yes, McLaren in 2024 are outperforming Mercedes considerably but this is also unique and likely influenced by the engine freeze as McLaren have had 2 seasons to adapt a car to an unchanged engine. Post-2026 where the engines are likely free to change as the season rolls on this will tip the balance back in favour of teams who make their own power unit as has previously been the case.

Still find this a bit disappointing from Renault after investing heaps in trying to resurrect the Alpine name and also dipping a toe into the LMDh series. Renault and Mecachrome have previously built some of the best engines on the grid and have been one of the most successful engine builders since 2000 so it just feels like they've giving up a little too quickly for mine. Are you still a works team without a works engine?

All signs point to Alpine selling up, with Oakes on board they could very much become Hitech F1 team

Alonso?
No.

I don't think a roadblock that gets eliminated in Q1 is going to be much worry for Fernando.

We all saw what he could do last year when the car was half decent. And what Lance couldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping he'd go to McLaren. Suppose there's opportunities to work with Aston in other series too though

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
and can design a production road car not just limited 50 model runs as part of his downtime.

The longest drought between championships is 7 season with Niki Lauda. 6 continuous, Graham Hill and Hamilton.

Alonso wants to smash that record, and be the oldest champion for many decades.
He's no chance. Absolutely none.

He'd do well to win one more race in his career, let alone a WDC.

think you've pretty much agreed with me on the mclaren and alpha stints. just attempted to give it a rose coloured glasses take. he got flicked from mclaren. and yuki has driven the pants off him at alpha.

i'd love danny ric to prove me wrong but i think you and others are allowing emotion to override reality.

Yuki is too volatile on and off the track. You cant have him in a team where you already have immature volatile max and jos. DR is a safe pair of hand who can drive the car well, pick up points when needed, do the team things and works very well with the engineers. And unlike perez doesnt crash the car. Hes probably what they need atm.

Some interesting F1 news overnight...

Rwanda is apparently trying to get an F1 race - and no, it's not an April Fools Day joke:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...h-to-discuss-serious-grand-prix-bid/10642881/

Jos Verstappen's girlfriend has had her appeal against Red Bull dismissed:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-f1-boss-horner-misconduct-appeal-dismissed/10643097/

Liberty Media is now being subjected to an anti-trust investigation in the US, over it's refusal to give Andretti a license:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...anti-trust-probe-andretti-rejection/10643128/

No such thing as a quiet summer break!

Some interesting F1 news overnight...

Rwanda is apparently trying to get an F1 race - and no, it's not an April Fools Day joke:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...h-to-discuss-serious-grand-prix-bid/10642881/

Jos Verstappen's girlfriend has had her appeal against Red Bull dismissed:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-f1-boss-horner-misconduct-appeal-dismissed/10643097/

Liberty Media is now being subjected to an anti-trust investigation in the US, over it's refusal to give Andretti a license:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...anti-trust-probe-andretti-rejection/10643128/

No such thing as a quiet summer break!
The las one on that list should ****ing happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back