F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Now details surrounding Lawson’s contract with the team emerged with two clauses pouring fuel all the fire.

One clause, reported by AutoRacing1, states Lawson would become a free agent if he doesn’t sign a contract for a race seat by the end of September.

It’s the second clause however that really spells disaster for Ricciardo.

The second one reportedly guarantees him a minimum number of races this season, believed to be five or six.

This is why it probably Danny rics last race

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
The only remaining hope I guess is that they give Daniel a 5 or 6 race audition in the main car, and give Sergio an early holiday.

But they would probably not do this because
1. Daniel has really done nothing to deserve it.
2. They may not make it out of the Mexican Grand Prix alive.

No way there's a clause dictating 5-6 races.

The timed one absolutely makes sense.
They used to do it back in the day, switching around guys like Liuzzi, Klien, Doornbos in the early years.

But it's a long bow to draw to think that they will be the same in 2024 as they were in 05-06

They used to do it back in the day, switching around guys like Liuzzi, Klien, Doornbos in the early years.

But it's a long bow to draw to think that they will be the same in 2024 as they were in 05-06
I just think if that was the case, we'd have already seen Liam in the car.

Danny Ric will end up joining Gunther on the speaking tour doing special comments, driver interviews, and Netflix cameos.
I don't know about this. Very similar to Gunther in a way that yes he has an entertaining personality, but for mine I just don't see him being a media pundit. Even Gunther looks a bit awkward and out of place in the media I've seen him in this year.

Far more likely he moves to the US and does IndyCar.

I don't know about this. Very similar to Gunther in a way that yes he has an entertaining personality, but for mine I just don't see him being a media pundit. Even Gunther looks a bit awkward and out of place in the media I've seen him in this year.

Far more likely he moves to the US and does IndyCar.
Dosent he like nascar more? I see him going there if he goes to america

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

I still can't see Red Bull hanging onto Perez. So what if he does well at a patch of tracks that he likes. It's the other 75% of tracks where he spudded up that caused RB's title defence to go pair shaped.

Too little too late.

The Perez seat is Dan's only sliver of hope. And it's only a sliver at best.

Maybe both won't be in the Red Bull family next year, opening the door for a bolter to grab a seat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another point about Perez. This would've been his best chance to win the championship. It's harder for teams to manipulate the situation when the cars are scrambled all over the place. He'd be the underdog if RB were dominant, but this was the opportunity. The opportunity is for Norris instead.

It's the opportunity Bottas never had.

Another point about Perez. This would've been his best chance to win the championship. It's harder for teams to manipulate the situation when the cars are scrambled all over the place. He'd be the underdog if RB were dominant, but this was the opportunity. The opportunity is for Norris instead.

It's the opportunity Bottas never had.
How so? Verstappen still has him covered, by the length of the Flemington Straight, at every circuit other than Baku. How is/was he supposed to win the championship, when he can't even get close to his own teammate at 23 of 24 tracks?

Even if Verstappen is well off the pace, as he is at present (compared to the McLarens and Ferraris) - he's still miles ahead of Perez.

How so? Verstappen still has him covered, by the length of the Flemington Straight, at every circuit other than Baku. How is/was he supposed to win the championship, when he can't even get close to his own teammate at 23 of 24 tracks?

Even if Verstappen is well off the pace, as he is at present (compared to the McLarens and Ferraris) - he's still miles ahead of Perez.
Perez was ok at Monza

If Ricciardo really wanted to stay in F1 he might need to do what he did last time again. Very doubtful all the drivers who start the first race next year will be there for the last one. Depending on which team it is that needs to fill a seat and how long into the season it is he’d probably be at the top of most lists to fill a gap.

For similar reasons Norris has a chance now. Had Perez continued his for early in the season of podiums behind Verstappen, he'd have still been behind in the points but close then what Norris is.

He's always going to be at the effect of being the no2. But when RB is off the pace like they are, they can't manipulate the scenario with team orders like they could have if they remained dominant.

At Baku, it was possible for Perez and Verstappen to finish second and seventh, which would have eaten a big chunk of Verstappen's lead. There's still a fair way to go in the season, so if form continues, Verstappen could be overhauled. But Perez lost too much ground in the first half.

Perez was ok at Monza
Yeah... but he still finished 17 seconds behind Verstappen.

To become World Champion, first you have to beat your own teammate. Perez hasn't done that anywhere other than Baku. Not only hasn't he done it, he hasn't looked remotely close to doing it.

The idea that 2024 was a wasted opportunity, where Perez could have been World Champion, is one of the most bizarre fantasies I've seen anywhere on BF. The Motor Board is normally a place of sanity, but this idea is waaaay out there.

For similar reasons Norris has a chance now. Had Perez continued his for early in the season of podiums behind Verstappen, he'd have still been behind in the points but close then what Norris is.

He's always going to be at the effect of being the no2. But when RB is off the pace like they are, they can't manipulate the scenario with team orders like they could have if they remained dominant.

At Baku, it was possible for Perez and Verstappen to finish second and seventh, which would have eaten a big chunk of Verstappen's lead. There's still a fair way to go in the season, so if form continues, Verstappen could be overhauled. But Perez lost too much ground in the first half.
No. Just... no.

One win, even with Verstappen finishing 7th, would not make a dent on the lead that Verstappen has over Perez.

Perez has never looked like beating Verstappen anywhere other than Baku.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back