F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Never drove a car that won a drivers or constructors championship but still managed 8 wins and 32 podiums. The last week has shown he’s one of the most popular drivers of his generation. Never getting that podium in Melbourne is probably the one thing that he just missed out on but he had one hell of a career.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Red Bull or even another of the teams throwing in a rookie next season would be thinking of him as their emergency option if needed but agree with others here I think he looks a bit done with the division. He’ll have no shortage of offers to try something else.

Completely understand the decision from RB but the handling of the announcement sure is a symbol for the trajectory they’ve been on the past 6 months.

Never drove a car that won a drivers or constructors championship but still managed 8 wins and 32 podiums.
A quick check of F1 stats tells me that only 39 of the 777 F1 drivers in history have 8 or more race wins which puts Danny Ric in the top 5% of all drivers.

That's pretty rarified atmosphere and certainly worthy of more than the afterthought farewell he was given by Red Bull (accepting that Dan's dogged determination to hang on to any chance of a seat was a key part of that).

I tried making the point a few months ago that Ricciardo was an uncrowned champ, but ol' mate Jatz knew better and laughed it off.

It's a big deal that Ricciardo is finished because he's done so without a championship, despite everyone knowing he's a world champion calibre driver. Jenson Button's career petered out in a lame manner, but it doesn't matter and no one gives a shit because he has a WC in the bag.

Stats have to be looked in context. Ricciardo has 8 wins and twice finished 3rd in the championship. As 99 Problems said, having never driven a wcc winner and twice one in a distant 2nd.

Mark Webber drove the best car from 2010-13, won 7 races and finished 3rd three times. Ricciardo's girlfriend's dad twice finished 3rd in the wdc with 10 career wins (Most wins without finishing top 2 in the wdc).

Statistically, Webber and Berger edge out Ricciardo, but Ricciardo is light years ahead in terms of talent and merit.

"PlanetF1.com understands that the door has been kept open for Ricciardo to remain in the Red Bull Racing pool, though he remains undecided for now."

Perez out, Dan back in after the Mexican GP? 🤔

Technically he's contracted till end of year to RBR so it's possible but I think DR in his mind is retired..I don't think he would want to come back a 3rd time.

some nice things were said about danny ric. it’s a bit disappointing lawson was told a week before danny ric tho

classy from danny ric

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back