Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got FB- but I've like "unfollowed" almost everyone on it. Just about 20 or so close mates + family, that I actually would want to see updates from.

Is good.
Wanna be my fb friend? I do kangaroo, turtle and wildlife updates

I did spent a few minutes reading the Gold Coast Suns' facebook page this morning.

The Greenwood debacle has left them 'most displeased'

I just got a warning popup on ABC for bullying using the term eleplant in the room because it was similar to a reported post. I can really see this feature working. I just deleted the comment and walked out. Facebook engineers are so smart

I did spent a few minutes reading the Gold Coast Suns' facebook page this morning.

The Greenwood debacle has left them 'most displeased'
Same I must have liked an AFL page once or something. Now I get every single training update or club musing clogging up my feed.
Still beats the other stuff. All the cool kids have moved on.
Now Facebook is filled with look at me updates. Granted that's all social media really is but FB is so dated now.

Same I must have liked an AFL page once or something. Now I get every single training update or club musing clogging up my feed.
Now Facebook is filled with look at me updates. Granted that's all social media really is but FB is so dated now.
Im getting bombarded with notifications from groups when I am absent for a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get a lot of cricket pages on my feed, havn't liked any of them but at work i'll use google to get cricket scores so I think that's why they have started appearing.

I don't follow WC on social media any more. I know it's January but it's pretty much exclusively AFLW content which I (a) don't really care to read about and (b) don't want to suffer brain damage reading the comments about. Meanwhile there is a WC AFLW account (presumably all clubs have one) and an AFLW league account people follow.

I've been doing the same,enjoy deleting ads, irrelevant being the reason.
Keep crushing it Paul66 and The Sultan
View attachment 1323352

Kids dont want to be on the same platform as their parents are, hence why growth has stagnated.. Also FB algorythms make it increasingly frustrating to use, you can close it and reopen, and your feed is completely different than it was 2 minutes ago..

I deleted it off my phone and log in 1-2 times per week via safari and get to have a quick flick thru.

Been off FB for 3 months . Havent missed it one bit .

Everytime I would log on it would be people in general whinging about everything and everything , then you have those friends who need to post about every single meal they consume, every place they visit and anything their kid/kids may do .
And get insulted if you dont 'like' or commemt on their content.

Yeah dont miss it at all

I've never had friends on FB just had an account to check gigs and my footy team used it alot , but not so much these days - can still use messenger no problem without being a friend on there

Just last week my gf decided to adopt my approach and deleted all her friends and just kept the karma network page or wherever she keeps buying things she doesn't need and she said she couldn't believe how much better it was without people showing up in her feed -- I couldn't really empathise as I've never had them there in the first place but I think I get the sentiment

Post introduction of Covid people gone stupid.

Facebook comments full of irrelevant comments. These are rhe same sort of comments on every thread. Toxic.a.f

Full of trolls, people arguing and bating others. This is what FB wants

definitely noticed this has happened since covid.

reckon it has to be linked to the vaccine as well.

can you believe they want us to get another shot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back