Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

apollo_creed said:
I'm sorry but Bogut is and never will be the best at anything in the league, nor will he ever be rated anywhere near those listed.

Amare has more talent in his right index finger than Bogus has in his whole body. The fact you left Amare obviously relays the fact that you're indeed an idiot.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bogut!!!

You crack me up.

he's doing everything right for a rookie, not to mention the fact that he's a 7 foot inside player who can shoot. I see no reason why he can't be a 20/10 player by the time he's 23.

as for Stoudemire, he looks like he's going to struggle to get back at all, let alone make it back to his previous heights. Amare is a fantastic player, but talent is inconsequential when your body isn't willing.

apollo_creed said:
I'm sorry but Bogut is and never will be the best at anything in the league, nor will he ever be rated anywhere near those listed.

Amare has more talent in his right index finger than Bogus has in his whole body. The fact you left Amare obviously relays the fact that you're indeed an idiot.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bogut!!!

You crack me up.

Just shut the ******** up would you.

TigerFan said:
Fiction. as much as I don't like his attitude, Andrew Bogut looks like he could take that mantle (assuming Duncan, Nowitzki or Garnett aren't at their top of their game anymore).

Fact or Fiction: Mo Williams has the potential to become a very damaging point guard
WOW Hold your horses dude. Bogut will have a good career in the NBA. Solid not spectacular but bloody hell, I would take Howard over Bogut every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Before his injury, Amare was a superstar and we are yet to see if he makes it back without too much trouble. If he can recover from the mocrofracture surgery I am VERY confident that Amare and Howard will be 2 best big men in the game in the next 3 or so years.

Fiction. Mo is too trigger happy and is more of a SG than a PG. More of a Bobby Jackson type player. A SG trapped in a body of a PG.

Fact or Fiction: Jason Williams is an under-rated PG.

TigerFan said:
he's doing everything right for a rookie, not to mention the fact that he's a 7 foot inside player who can shoot. I see no reason why he can't be a 20/10 player by the time he's 23.

as for Stoudemire, he looks like he's going to struggle to get back at all, let alone make it back to his previous heights. Amare is a fantastic player, but talent is inconsequential when your body isn't willing.
Struggle to get back at all?

I suggest you pay closer attention to his recovery.

Bogut will never be better than Stoudemire.

If Bogut can ever average 40 points in a play-off series against the Spurs then maybe we'll talk.

40 fouls maybe, but he'd struggle to rack up a total of 40 points in a seven game series.

Stiffy_18 said:
WOW Hold your horses dude. Bogut will have a good career in the NBA. Solid not spectacular but bloody hell, I would take Howard over Bogut every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Before his injury, Amare was a superstar and we are yet to see if he makes it back without too much trouble. If he can recover from the mocrofracture surgery I am VERY confident that Amare and Howard will be 2 best big men in the game in the next 3 or so years.

Fiction. Mo is too trigger happy and is more of a SG than a PG. More of a Bobby Jackson type player. A SG trapped in a body of a PG.

Fact or Fiction: Jason Williams is an under-rated PG.

Fact, Teams he runs are usually winners.

Fact or Fiction : Phoenix will not win a Championship in their current nash Era.

RoyalCatFan said:
Fact, Teams he runs are usually winners.

Fact or Fiction : Phoenix will not win a Championship in their current nash Era.

Fact, they have quality, depth and a nice structure (and don't forget super-Amare, he could win it all on his own if some people are to be believed) - but their worst can be bloody awful, which makes me doubt they can knock over the Pistons or Spurs in the post-season.

Fact or Fiction: McGrady/Ming could be the next Shaq/Kobe.

TigerFan said:
Fact, they have quality, depth and a nice structure (and don't forget super-Amare, he could win it all on his own if some people are to be believed) - but their worst can be bloody awful, which makes me doubt they can knock over the Pistons or Spurs in the post-season.

Fiction. Yao is not fit enough to polish Shaq's shoes.

Fact or Fiction. Mike Bibby should win a player of the week award for his last 2 games.

TigerFan said:

Howard is already a 18/12 player and he is 19. By 23 he will be a 27/13 player.

TigerFan said:

jesus dude,

slow down, virtually none of the above is true.
1. Bogut looks to be solid at best.
2. Amare by all reports (if they can be believed) is ahead of schedule.

making stuff up isn't the way forward.

TigerFan said:

gosh

Fiction. Yao is a B grade centre. you seem to be fond of these :D

Crow-mosone said:
after the levity...

Fact or Fiction, Jerry West has done a surprisingly good job, with little publicity, down in memphis.
Fact. He has put together a very deep, play off caliber team. One big trade away from being a true contender. He has done it quietly with a minimum of fuss.

Fact or Fiction: Mike Bibby should win a player of the week award for his last 2 games (Kings are 2-0 and Bibby had 38 pts 10 as and 33 pts 10 as games)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18 said:
Fact. He has put together a very deep, play off caliber team. One big trade away from being a true contender. He has done it quietly with a minimum of fuss.

Fact or Fiction: Mike Bibby should win a player of the week award for his last 2 games (Kings are 2-0 and Bibby had 38 pts 10 as and 33 pts 10 as games)

Fiction: I think he needs to play at least one more blinder before winning POW

Fact or Fiction: Lebron James is better than MJ at the same age ?

celtic_pride said:
Fiction: I think he needs to play at least one more blinder before winning POW

Fact or Fiction: Lebron James is better than MJ at the same age ?
Fiction. LeBron is good but I am not sure he is Jordan good. Jordan might have been in College at this stage but if you look at the quality of NBA when Jordan came in and now, its chalk and cheese.

Fact or Fiction: Shareef Abdur-Rahim is a career born looser than jinx every team he goes to.

Stiffy_18 said:
Fiction. LeBron is good but I am not sure he is Jordan good. Jordan might have been in College at this stage but if you look at the quality of NBA when Jordan came in and now, its chalk and cheese.

Fact or Fiction: Shareef Abdur-Rahim is a career born looser than jinx every team he goes to.

fiction - i doubt the nets are saying to themselves 'thank god he failed that medical'. think about it. he was on an expansion team and the atlanta hawks. thats not exactly taking two playoff regulars from the penthouse to the **********house. he has arrived at the kings at a time when they are trying to rebuild. sacramento is one player away from being a playoff team. they arent far away and i think SAR can make a valuable contribution.

now if youd said stephon marbury instead....

fact or fiction - lamar odom will be gone from the lakers before the trade deadline

diablo14 said:
fiction - i doubt the nets are saying to themselves 'thank god he failed that medical'. think about it. he was on an expansion team and the atlanta hawks. thats not exactly taking two playoff regulars from the penthouse to the **********house. he has arrived at the kings at a time when they are trying to rebuild. sacramento is one player away from being a playoff team. they arent far away and i think SAR can make a valuable contribution.

now if youd said stephon marbury instead....

fact or fiction - lamar odom will be gone from the lakers before the trade deadline

Fiction - Just cant see it happening..

F or F - Jameer Nelson will be an extremely strong challenger for the 6th man award by the end of the season and may even win it..?

Nightwolf_69 said:
F or F - Jameer Nelson will be an extremely strong challenger for the 6th man award by the end of the season and may even win it..?

Fiction: To get awards in the NBA your team basically has to win, or at least challlenge, Jameer may be putting up nice numbers but now award worthy, the award will go to Sarunas Jasikevicius.

Fact or Fiction: New Jersey will continue to play well till seasons end, and actually deserve one of the 3 top seeds in the Play-offs

DoubleA said:
Fiction: To get awards in the NBA your team basically has to win, or at least challlenge, Jameer may be putting up nice numbers but now award worthy, the award will go to Sarunas Jasikevicius.

Fact or Fiction: New Jersey will continue to play well till seasons end, and actually deserve one of the 3 top seeds in the Play-offs
Fact. I think they are a bt of un under-rated team. They are a PF and a couple of solid benchers away from being contenders IMHO.

Fact or Fiction: Paul Pierce will get traded by the deadline.

Stiffy_18 said:
Fact. I think they are a bt of un under-rated team. They are a PF and a couple of solid benchers away from being contenders IMHO.
Fact or Fiction: Paul Pierce will get traded by the deadline.

Fiction - Pierce is finally doing what the Celts want him to do, its just a shame the other pieces aren't in place

Fact or Fiction - Clippers will fade out and miss the playoffs

Big Monster said:
Fiction - Pierce is finally doing what the Celts want him to do, its just a shame the other pieces aren't in place

Fiction - The Clips are the real deal this year IMO. Will go some sort of damage in the playoffs too..

F or F - Kwame Brown will always be a massive dud and show no improvement in the upcoming future...?

Big Monster said:

Total Fiction, Clippers may win the pacific.

Fact or Ficition:
There is no such thing as a born loser or a player who makes others better? (John Hollinger from ESPN is convinced it's a huge myth to explain arbitrary preferences for a guy you like over another. I agree)

Crow-mo said:
Total Fiction, Clippers may win the pacific.

Fact or Ficition:
There is no such thing as a born loser or a player who makes others better? (John Hollinger from ESPN is convinced it's a huge myth to explain arbitrary preferences for a guy you like over another. I agree)
Fiction.

Exibit A: Marbury. A superemly talented player that just doesn't know what it takes to win. Every team he goes to ends up being a basket case.

Exibit B: Steven Nash. He comes to Phoenix and turns them from a lottery team into the best team in the league last year. He also turned a scrub into a solid player. Boris Diaw should give him half of his pay check.

Exibit C: Jason Kidd. Where ever he has gone, he has made his team better and turned them from average team into a play off caliber team

Fact or Fiction: Which ever team gets Artest will regret it down the track.

DoubleA said:
Fiction: To get awards in the NBA your team basically has to win, or at least challlenge, Jameer may be putting up nice numbers but now award worthy, the award will go to Sarunas Jasikevicius
Sarunas Jasikevicius: 27 games, 13 started. He is starting basically every game now. 8.8 ppg in 23.4 minutes. Now I'm not exactly sure how many things are wrong with that comment, without doubt a few though.

Stiffy_18 said:
Fiction.

Exibit A: Marbury. A superemly talented player that just doesn't know what it takes to win. Every team he goes to ends up being a basket case.

Exibit B: Steven Nash. He comes to Phoenix and turns them from a lottery team into the best team in the league last year. He also turned a scrub into a solid player. Boris Diaw should give him half of his pay check.

Exibit C: Jason Kidd. Where ever he has gone, he has made his team better and turned them from average team into a play off caliber team

Exhibit A: well some would argue, including myself, he's rarely had a roster to win, and he did ok the one time he did. Phoenix - where he did no worse than kidd. lets call it Abdur Rahim syndrome.
Exhibit B: Well he made his name with his last move. I would tend to think it's the system not the player, and in his case he has found the right fit. an outstanding player, much better than believed as it has turned out.
Exhibit C: he caused trouble in Dallas, couldn't get out of the first round with Phoenix, ended up in a great situation for him in New Jersey.

I think, imo, in each of these cases it's the system, the situation in combination with the right players. the right situation is king. Should we be giving more credit to the coach? As an illustration if you have the skills, and the system doesn't call for it, it looks like you don't have the skills in the first place.

I don't think anyone other than Nash could run the Phoenix system, but in turn it shows him to be the absolute most he could be. win/win. that fast, run n gun offense allows certain types of other players to shine. But again, chicken or the egg - does the system make nash, vice versa, or both?

sometime to chew over anyhoo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back