Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fact or Fiction - Off season Blues

FACT...Edwards has always struggled to stay healthy. Plus he doesnt have an arm. The Bills' receivers had more receptions when Losman QB'd than when Edwards did. Losman can stretch the field too, which is important for Lynch.

FOF....Lane Kiffin will be fired either soon or within the first 4 games of the season?

weekendatlanes.jpg

Fiction... Can see them coming out of their opening four games 2-2 with maybe an upset against the Bucs. The only way he is gone is if he quits or loses 63-0 in the poener against Denver

Fact or Fiction
If Snee is lost, the Giants will become a non-playoff team, hovering around 7-8 wins a season without doing much.

FACT.. Although I think they'll be a non-playoff team even with Snee, would only make it more certain without him.

Keeping with the G-Men.... FOF: Shockey will play with the Giants this season?
Bah jealous of course cam ;)

Tuck Osi and Kiwi... The new DEADLY three with Osi getting double teamed to loosen up Kiwi and Tuck :D

Fact... Play with their heads that is... Seems its the Giants fault atm... Could easily see him piss off but would be nice to have both...

FOF... Broncs third and AFC W in 08...

Bah jealous of course cam ;)

Tuck Osi and Kiwi... The new DEADLY three with Osi getting double teamed to loosen up Kiwi and Tuck :D

Fact... Play with their heads that is... Seems its the Giants fault atm... Could easily see him piss off but would be nice to have both...

FOF... Broncs third and AFC W in 08...

Ah but the superbowl hangover doesn't worry about those kind of things. Osi is a champ though!

Broncos third? FICTION! We're well on the way to the top by getting rid of unreliable rubbish in Henry and Walker so imo theres a boost to the team already. To go with that our gun QB now knows why he felt like shit last season and will be a much better player than he has been (although he wasn't too bad last season, give him more than 1 second to throw the bloody thing and he will deliver).

I'm worried about our O and D line.. but I think we can hold onto 2nd spot and hopefully get a wildcard spot..

Speaking of Cutler....

FOF, Now that he is fit and healthy will Jay Cutler lead the AFC West (and that includes that idiot Rivers :cool:) in both TD's and Pass yards?

Super Bowl hangover only effects losers, Burgh the only team to really ____ up the next year due to injury..

Fact, but that ain't hard... Rivers just had a medium-serious knee injury but he was never a gun QB. Rivers has less pressure on him with LdT taking a lot of the slack, but YOung is an interesting prospect for Denver... Reckons he will rush for 2k yards and apparently Shananigans will give him that chance... Jamarcus = no chance, and I don't even know who is QBing for KC (Croyle or whatever his name is probably)

FOF Eli keeps up his playoff form this year.

FOF Eli keeps up his playoff form this year.

Fact. I can see the maturity & play-off success being the big factors in Eli to keep becoming the QB he has become. Of course, the opposition D will hit harder, be more relentless on the G-Men. Should be a play-off team. Maybe win division if Romo can't improve.

FOF: With the Jets re-stocking on their list, they can be a big surprise in the AFC East.

Woodson said:
FOF: With the Jets re-stocking on their list, they can be a big surprise in the AFC East.

Fiction. I can see them trying to do a New York Giants this season, trying to win games on D, with much focus on pass rushing and taking the load off the O with good field position. I think with the improvements to the O-line Clemens will start QB and have some extra time he needs back there which brings the desperately needed long passing game into their game.

I'll admit I dont know a huge amount about the Jets and was waiting for someone who knew them more to give a more detailed reply to the FOF but 5 days and nothing.

Any division with the Pats in it is a hard one although there are atleast 5 winnable games and maybe up to 8-9 if they get lucky in the close ones (which they may have plenty of) but I think they are a couple of years off. They had a decent draft but it will be a few more seasons before we start to get impressed by them.

I think they'll finish about even with Buffalo - both way behind NE.

FOF: Can a healthy Delhomme drive the Panthers to the top of their (weak) division this season?

Fiction---Not with T.Jackson. But next year, with Booty, they'll reach those heights in a couple more years.

FOF---Atlanta will actually surprise people this year by show-casing a good defensive unit and potent offensive weaponry. I'm talking Wild Card aspirations (they might stumble, but they'll be pushing for it late in the season).

Fiction...

As much as id like Ryan to burn in his first season, odds are it will be a slow building process for them. Too many holes to fix in one off season.

FOF-

Javon Walker will justify the amount of money the Raiders spent on him, with a good on field performance.

Fiction...

As much as id like Ryan to burn in his first season, odds are it will be a slow building process for them. Too many holes to fix in one off season.

FOF-

Javon Walker will justify the amount of money the Raiders spent on him, with a good on field performance.

Fiction---they do this often and each time it's bitten them on the ass. Or almost every time of late. I'd say he's already written-off. If you say "a" good performance, then maybe he might have a good game or two, but for what they've wanted from him, i dont feel confident. And, im sure Davis has covered his ass with the monetary contract side of it.

FOF---Eli Manning will throw more TDs than Peyton this season.

Fiction---they do this often and each time it's bitten them on the ass. Or almost every time of late. I'd say he's already written-off. If you say "a" good performance, then maybe he might have a good game or two, but for what they've wanted from him, i dont feel confident. And, im sure Davis has covered his ass with the monetary contract side of it.

FOF---Eli Manning will throw more TDs than Peyton this season.

Fiction. Not even close. People are letting a month of good form in the playoffs cover a multitude of sins Eli committed last season. Peyton will continue to be one of the elite quarterbacks of the competition. Eli... well, he'll either be good but not great, or the interception machine again.

FOF-

Adrian Peterson will fail to outperform his first season whilst suffering from the second year blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOF-

Adrian Peterson will fail to outperform his first season whilst suffering from the second year blues.

Fact- The fantasy owners of AP will come to the horrific reality that their No 1 pick will be far less than what they had thought he would be THIS year.He will be a good RB, but the NFL has had a year to catch up to him and it will be the year that the EMPIRE strikes back at AP.He will get some yards but not at the rate of last season.

FOF- Farve will come back and play in the NFL

Fact- The fantasy owners of AP will come to the horrific reality that their No 1 pick will be far less than what they had thought he would be THIS year.He will be a good RB, but the NFL has had a year to catch up to him and it will be the year that the EMPIRE strikes back at AP.He will get some yards but not at the rate of last season.

FOF- Farve will come back and play in the NFL
*bumping this

Fact: Obviously Favre will play again.... prob with the Bucs or someone

F/F: Peyton Manning will have more passing touchdowns than Tom Brady?

*bumping this

Fact: Obviously Favre will play again.... prob with the Bucs or someone

I took a month to get an answer out of someone:D

Fact, Manning will throw more TD's than Brady I think NE will be as much a running team as a passing one this year.

Im not asking a FOF for reasons above ...

I took a month to get an answer out of someone:D

Fact, Manning will throw more TD's than Brady I think NE will be as much a running team as a passing one this year.

Im not asking a FOF for reasons above ...

Agree with fact. Manning and the Colts are being underestimated this year, and i can see Peyton being inspired, after most have dumped him as their #1 qb in the league in favour of Brady.

FOF- Brett Favre will lead the New York Jets to the playoffs this season.

Agree with fact. Manning and the Colts are being underestimated this year, and i can see Peyton being inspired, after most have dumped him as their #1 qb in the league in favour of Brady.

FOF- Brett Favre will lead the New York Jets to the playoffs this season.

FACT!

Actually, I still rated the J-E-T-S to push for a wild-card before Broadway Brett came along. This just reduces the difference between NE & the J-E-T-S in game difference.

FOF.. will the Cowboys continue to have a stranglehold of Home Field in the NFC play-offs??

Fact or Fiction - So the Hype Begins...

You know the drill, I ask a question, someone tells us if they think it is fact or fiction and why, and then asks another fact or fiction question themselves... The first one we had seemed fairly fun and whatnot, so may as well get another one cranking...

FACT OR FICTION
Kurt Warner deserves to be or will be a Hall of Famer after he retires...

Re: Fact or Fiction - So the Hype Begins...

You know the drill, I ask a question, someone tells us if they think it is fact or fiction and why, and then asks another fact or fiction question themselves... The first one we had seemed fairly fun and whatnot, so may as well get another one cranking...

FACT OR FICTION
Kurt Warner deserves to be or will be a Hall of Famer after he retires...

FICTION

Kurt is a very good Quarterback, but not HOF material. Has he done anything without a bunch of amazingly talented receivers??? No. And really, he's had what... 3-4 good seasons all up, maybe 5?

FACT OR FICTION

The Atlanta Falcons will win the NFC South in 08. continuing the "tradition" of the last place getter winning it the following year...

Fiction... I dunno really :p I love watching the Falcons play this year, but when push comes to shove, just don't reckon they can beat the likes of Tampa or Carolina... A very very solid division, and Nawleans when playing well and healthy are no pushover or 4-5 team... Reckon Tampa AND Carolina will finish above them.

FOF

The NFC East will have 3 playoff contenders this year...

Fiction... I dunno really :p I love watching the Falcons play this year, but when push comes to shove, just don't reckon they can beat the likes of Tampa or Carolina... A very very solid division, and Nawleans when playing well and healthy are no pushover or 4-5 team... Reckon Tampa AND Carolina will finish above them.

FOF

The NFC East will have 3 playoff contenders this year...

Fiction... The division is very strong but i think whoever gets 3rd in the division will lose too many games within the division. 2nd in the NFC South will get the final seed in the NFC.

FoF

Drew Brees will get the league mvp this year?

Agreed... 5th and 6th seed belong to a single East team and a single South team...

Fiction... probably almost lost enough games atm... Had two absolute stinkers, not that it cuts him out...

IF Minnesota make the playoffs, All Day is in the running... Been a bit quieter than last year (Somehow) but he is leading the league in yards, as well as Warner, the popular vote atm (I like Boldin though)

FOF

Despite their plethora of injuries and still competition, The Patriots still take out the AFC East.

Fiction

NYJ and Bills could easily win a few more, so can the Dolphins.

FOF

Will the Detroit Lions win a game?

Need to make a statement ie "The Detroit Lions won't win a game this year."

I'll say fact. Remaining Games are Panthers, Bucs, Titans, Vikes, Colts, Saints & Packers. A chance in the last two but I just can't see it at this stage.

FOF

Mike Vick will be playing NFL in 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back