Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WPFC; WA; Western Bears; GumbiesFFC
rookie qompendium.png

Each season there are two awards to be given out to the rookie class:
~ The EKA is an award decided by a representative of each of the thirteen clubs who vote for the top 3 rookies based on posting contribution on a 3-2-1 basis.
~ The Rising Star meanwhile is awarded by the sophomore class and combines presence within the Sweet FA community and qooty output (ie off and on-field performance). PS: sophomore class, I hope you've started on that!

A month into the new season, who are the new rookies? Where are the rooks that are making their mark in the league? Who is ingratiating themselves to other teams, who is sooking, who is the most likely to drop mass media?

Lucky I, Falconista, am here to assist with rookie identification (rookies note- that was a textbook example of self-promotion). This qompendium should be of assistance as it comes to voting time, so to quote a common Cadsky retort "you're welcome".

Let's create some buzz about and biff within this season's rookie class.

Teams- talk up your club's rooks. What makes your rookie(s) so phenomenal?!?
Rookie class- throw some shade or love at your fellow rookie class. Whatever you think will earn you wider identification and most importantly, make sure you show some blatant self desire for either or both the EKA and Rising Star.

Oh yes, and because this is a qompendium, it will update every couple of weeks with a summary of rookie-specific statistics and metrics.

Last edited:
State of play after 4 rounds
s35 rookie class.png
Ge3ks prpl_jss Lbaddie29 Aucklander AJMLaird dudeintheswamp norway blue sunny3193 4cunningTonneTruck CountryLad RonnieRaven cartwright MayTheNorthBeWithU gouki88 RilesMacca Membling McRobie Shueygod SplintWhisky kenneyswarriors

Full Rookie Stats (to Round 4):
rookie stats- rd4.png

Credit to Hate's SweetFA+ for the data.

Match Thread Post Totals (after Round 4)^:
rookie posts- rd4.png

^In their own match thread.

Mobbs Medal Predictions (after Round 3):
mobbs pred rd4.png

Thanks to FootyGuy13 here.

GWS Goose's Rate The Opposition MVP (after Round 1):
goose mvp rd4.png

It seems Goose has been spending too much time in his pool rather than updating the vote tallies.

Rookie Media (after Round 4):

Last edited:
its-so-beautiful-cry.gif

Membling just starting to find his groove. A consistent contributor to our match threads already and has slotted into the team seamlessly. I have no doubt he will be right up there in eka calculations at the end of the season.

@membl8ng just starting to find his groove. A consistent contributor to our match threads already and has slotted into the team seamlessly. I have no doubt he will be right up there in eka calculations at the end of the season.

Agreed. Another to watch out for is MayTheNorthBeWithU who is having fun in the threads and is beginning to experience the ups and downs of the sim.

Shueygod has just been getting a feel for the league and working his way into the cut and thrust of it all. When he posts, there's no unnecessary verbiage. Every single word is to the point, matching his qooty skills.

SplintWhisky has been very impressive leading up to his debut this week, and is looking to be a real asset to the Furies, and the league as a whole.

A couple of real weapons, who will be posting like veterans very soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great initiative Falconista .

It is terribly disappointing noted Sophomore posters like Mrs Turbo and Sun Ra have failed in their obligations to the S.35 Rookies.
I'm going to assume this is a joke but either way this is unnecessary. We should be encouraging people to take stuff like this on, not bagging them out because they don't.

I'm going to assume this is a joke but either way this is unnecessary. We should be encouraging people to take stuff like this on, not bagging them out because they don't.
I’m happy to help out. I was about to get in touch with kannanooks and Mrs T on this very subject but then all hell broke loose.

It wasn’t. I had hoped time honoured traditions would be observed.

I know the tragic Nooks was planning Rising Star initiatives but alas …

In my time you have been the greatest supporter of noobs over many seasons.

Unfair to ask but I reckon there is not much prospect of support for the Rookies unless you step up.

Happy to do what little I can do to help.m

It wasn’t. I had hoped time honoured traditions would be observed.

I know the tragic Nooks was planning Rising Star initiatives but alas …

In my time you have been the greatest supporter of noobs over many seasons.

Unfair to ask but I reckon there is not much prospect of support for the Rookies unless you step up.

Happy to do what little I can do to help.m
There had been discussions between Nooks and a few of us going on for a while, just because you're unaware of what is happening doesn't mean nothing is. The season 34 rookies will be fine dealing with this as long as they have a little support and guidance from people like Falconista and Kilroy who have recent experience in these things.

Maybe we will create new traditions, who knows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Falcon Files: Rookie Qompendium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back