Family Day - Thoughts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah D Butcher was very quiet wasn't he.

Didn't see much of Chappy either.

Sure did a few nice things from defence, it didn't always come off but at least he had a lot of confidence to burst forward with the ball and create

I gotta say I was very disappointed at the number of times the midfield got the ball and there was noone inside 50 to kick to

As well as how easily we got burned on the rebound. These 2 things killed us last year and I'm worried they haven't been addressed

As for the play, I was most impressed with gray, boak, wingard, rodan, ahchee, and phillips

Yeah D Butcher was very quiet wasn't he.

Didn't see much of Chappy either.

Sure did a few nice things from defence, it didn't always come off but at least he had a lot of confidence to burst forward with the ball and create

I thought chappy was solid and actually was being really physical. Not sure if u picked it but he was wearing number 7 in the second hald

Stand outs for mine woulld have to be;
  • Brendon Ah Chee
  • Chad Wingard
  • Hamish Hartlett
Justin Westhoff was a notable one as well, as he has really improved ground work wise and tackling.

Anyone got a bit more of a run down on Moore. He needs to step up this year
Moore wasn't the greatest, he dropped a few sitters from what I saw, but I honestly think there needed to be more time in the match, then I might be satisfied.

I'm hopeless with attendances but I would have thought a couple of thousand which is good considering people would be rolling in after work.

Players looked really fit. It was a very intense running game they displayed with every player up one end of the field with the ball and then fast breaks when the ball was cleared. It was warm out there and they worked hard and non-stop over the 45 minutes. They managed to get about 16-17 a side out there.

Stand out players for me were

Chad Wingard - he really is classy, took a hanger and looks a real footballer. He's a reasonable size now, would be overall as big as Pearce. Solid in the legs.
Brad Ebert - great workrate and anticipation off the ball.
Jay Schulz - just worked so hard pushing up and back and ably supported by Simon Phillips. He was a menace on the overlap.
Brent Renouf played and looked a cut above in ruck. Schooled Webb but I thought Redden competed well against him.
Brendon Ah Chee was lively up forward and kicked a couple.
Boak and Gray were very good, in amongst it.

John McCarthy did some good things, Daniel Stewart was busy and Irons bobbed up a couple of times to be noticed.

A few didn't play - John Butcher, Paul Stewart, Nick Salter, Jasper the most notable.

Paul Stewart played and did well .
Hard for Webb in the ruck against Renouf if you are told you cant jump against him. When allowed to jump I thought he got some good hitouts against Reddo.
Also thought that Reddo was beaten by D.Stewart on the day.
Ah Chee was very good and Chad is going to be another Hartlett.

Paul Stewart was down the other end from me most of the trial. However watching about 20 minutes of training beforehand, seeing them doing run from defense drills (not enough close pressure for my likeing but meh) Stewart seemed the standout. Was running harder and looking fitter than the others in the group IMO.

I've got photos and a couple snippets of Shaky video (video of bits of the second half only) to share.... If only I could find my camera cable. :(

Did you use a SD card in your camera?? If you did your computer might have a SD card slot???

all good. I have 5 videos (all around 3 minutes) of the second half and a bunch of photos from the first half.
I'm going to make a new thread to put them all on so I don't poison this one with all the photos, etc.
I'll link the thread shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our disposal is anything like it was tonight in the season proper, or even the nab cup. We're going to get chopped up. I was standing next to Pearcys family and they were pretty upset with the quality of disposal, lol.

The three teams that played tonight looked several classes above.

I took quite a few snaps. Ill upload a few of the closer up ones I have.

35hmgy8.jpg

2aj2opd.jpg

34sp5ds.jpg

2cpp5pe.jpg

16hn89f.jpg

29z38kz.jpg

1zqr878.jpg

5fjf50.jpg

160rciv.jpg

15czfar.jpg

mmet6h.jpg

4s0f9u.jpg

10csv37.jpg

25u2zgz.jpg

10hkex5.jpg

rhlq86.jpg

o7mwbs.jpg

24vij69.jpg

I was standing next to Pearcys family and they were pretty upset with the quality of disposal, lol.

The three teams that played tonight looked several classes above.

Funny, Pearce had some absolute brain farts in his disposal.

We look worse then Gws atm.

EDIT: FWIW H2 was the only AFL sized player, who was actually an imposing size. Many looked tiny.

'Ex-Eagles star' Brad Ebert impressed Controversial Capel.

For some reason a picture of Motlop is included in the article.

Brad Ebert stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back