Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Like it but how about this in stead, might work better:
MM -> Premium
JMac/Magner/Conglio -> Cheap Premium

What do ou think?

Considering I am about to become a dad, I look forward to the ability to attempt lame dad jokes like this. :)

Thinking of actually getting Zorko in hindsight and maintaining my $300k bank.

Considering I am about to become a dad, I look forward to the ability to attempt lame dad jokes like this. :)

Thinking of actually getting Zorko in hindsight and maintaining my $300k bank.

I've been a dad for near on 12 years now so the lame dad jokes are about the only humor I have left! ;-)

???

anyone

Hey dogs,

Unfortunately I have not taken the byes into account as much as i should have. for example i have both Boyd and Rocky in my midfield which is suboptimal. I also traded out Magner.

If I had both Magner and Horsley and say Pfieffer in the forwards etc, i would be holding them until after round 11 and then perhaps downgrading them to round 11 and 12 guns.

Well then, is it too late to get on Pfeiffer? A big score to roll through for two weeks and a decent scorer to get you through rounds 11 and 12.

What rookies do the famous coaches currently have with Rd 12/13 byes and do you plan to hold them for the next few weeks until the byes kick in?
The round 12/13 rookies I currently have in my side (=rd11 rookies):

Backs: Smedts, Spurr
Mids: Horsley, Magner (Treloar and McDonald)
Rucks: Stephenson (Giles)
Forwards: Pfeiffer (Dickson)

Now if byes weren't in the equation at all, I'd be moving Magner this week to Zorko. However, since they are, I'm considering moving someone like Treloar > Zorko instead so I can avoid a zero in the midfield come round 11. It then means I've got a chance of moving Magner to a round 11 rookie/premium prior to round 12 so I don't cop a zero in the midfield there either.

With that said, my backs/ruck/forwards are pretty much complete as I don't have a rookie starting in any of those position so there really isn't really an option in upgrading them to premiums prior to the byes. The only spot I need to work on is my midfield with one of Magner/McDonald and Horsley playing. I was and still am really keen on Swan, however, with two round 12 premiums in Selwood and Watson, that's kind of stopped me going for Swan (and his injury of course) or any other round 12 premium earlier than I perhaps would have liked. I've got Ablett and Horsley as my round 13 premiums which again, stops me from upgrading to another round 13 premium unless I decide to take another zero or move Horsley (which would be insane given his current form). I've only got 1 round 11 premium in Thompson but two round 11 rookies in Treloar/McDonald (Zorko soon to come in somewhere) and with my plan to move Magner to a round 11 premium after round 11, that stops me from doing another upgrade there as well...

Now assuming I don't trade drastically during the byes (which I really don't plan to, although once team sheets are in I could quickly change my mind...), I can see myself getting around 8 zeros and that's assuming I have the rest of my side playing during those weeks (and with injuries/players being rested/poor form/suspension coming into play, it could be far higher). I expect my rank to drop off quite a bit during the bye period compared to those that have planned it "better" then myself/burn more trades during the bye period to avoid as many zeros as possible. I hope that long term, I'll catch up to those that burned trades just for the byes and those trades I save during the bye periods will better benefit me in the end.

If anything, the best position to be in at the moment would be having a side loaded with round 13 rookies in your side as it gives you round 11 and 12 players to downgrade/upgrade to. There really haven't been that many though, off the top of my head, Ellis, Morris, Horsley, Pfeiffer that are currently playing come to mind. However, I chose to upgrade/downgrade Ellis and Morris earlier to bring in more premiums earlier as I believed I'd get more points from my premium each week over Ellis/Morris then what I would by having them to cover a single zero during the bye rounds.

TL;DR = I've got no idea what I'm doing with the bye rounds! :p:eek:

TL;DR = I've got no idea what I'm doing with the bye rounds! :p:eek:

I don't think there is too much of a problem trading a lot during the bye rounds as long as it's a trade that you would normally make. People can make all the plans they want but if there is no decent rookies to trade down to at that time then it is going to become a situation where coaches are going to have to decide between getting a dud rookie in or copping one donut. I plan to make 7 trades (3 upgrades, 3 downgrades and almost a sideways to get rid of Hall) between now and the end of the bye rounds and they are all trades that I would do anyway, but at the same time I'll be doing them at the right times to avoid a few unnecessary donuts.

What rookies do the famous coaches currently have with Rd 12/13 byes and do you plan to hold them for the next few weeks until the byes kick in?

Magner for 12
Morris, Horsley and Hall for 13.

I'm currently carrying Devon/Treloar/Adams in the forwards so I'd like to bring Couch in for 12 as well. If he gets picked, of course.

RD12: Clarke, Magner, Stephenson
RD13: Horsley, Morris, redden

Most of my rookies (rookie price) are still rd11:
Bugg, Coniglo, MacDonald, Zorko, Giles, Devon Smith, Adam Kennedy

(Note: This is the side after preliminary trades for this round)

FAMOUS DT COACHES - Round 8 Report

R82012.png

TRADES:

FanFooty EDT (15)

Team Director (12)
Tomas Bugg
Lee Spurr

Adam Kennedy
Gary Ablett

Impromptu SCE (12)
Sam Fisher
Jacob Brennan

Dylan Shiel
Matthew Boyd

Dylan’s FFC (14)
Tomas Bugg
Lee Spurr

Brandon Ellis
Brendon Goddard

VinegarStrokes EDT (17)
Ben McEvoy
Orren Stephenson

Devon Smith
David Zaharakis

AFLSpace.com Hacks (15)
Brandon Ellis
Heath Shaw

Dylan Shiel
Steve Johnson

Chook Raffle (16)
Adam Kennedy
Steve Johnson

vamsee (13)
Tomas Bugg
Lee Spurr

Brandon Ellis
Heath Scotland

The Baxters (16)
Brandon Ellis
Lee Spurr

Dylan Shiel
Dayne Beams

Warne Dawgs (17)

Coaches
dylan123 - Dylan's FFC
LemmingMaster - VinegarStrokes EDT
m0nty - FanFooty EDT
mollyfud - AFLSpace.com Hacks
Director - Team Director
Impromptu - Impromptu SCE
SkankDanker - Chook Raffle
footylover18 - vamsee
thebaxters - The Baxters
Warnie - Warne Dawgs

@footylover18, did Scotland's pending court case make you second guess that trade at any stage? Scotland on the field has been amazing so far this year, just wondering whether we'll see him suspended from Carlton at any stage (although I assume they would have done that a while back if they planned to).

Flying atm!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't rate the JS of the new GWS boys personally, think Spurr is a much safer bet. would not want to be depending on Darley etc to play through the bye for me.

Yeah maybe - thats why this game is such a mindfirk. Darley talked up all preseason on his form etc... so could well turn into a solid JS option, or could do nothing and vanish... as could Spurr - 8 kicks and 1 tackle against a deplorable Port Adelaide, after a sub week, and named last on IC this week doesnt inspire confidence either ... can see him being a regular 10 point vestee as easily as I see him being a solid option... does your head in this game thats for sure.

That's also why we love it too mate!

With Darley in particular, I would want to see how he looks with Bugg in the side first.

Looks like we'll get that look this weekend... with Spurr dropped and Darley scoring nicely and holding his spot with Bugg in... hopefully my decision to bypass Spurr will come good if Darley keeps up his end with an ok score so I can trade him in ... if so it'll be about the only call I'll get right in trades so far, especially after Ablett > Murphy > Ablett :/

No EDT tag this year footylover?

nah mate. reason being is that i wanted the freedom of being able to "abandon" my team in the even i was travelling very poorly as i have some important work related things to concentrate on later this year. Didn't want the EDT leagues to be affected.

Whilst it's nice to have a great ranking, i don't think we'll be able to truly assess things until after the byes, with good planning and some luck people will be able to make up huge ground during the byes. I don't think I've planned my team as well as i could have and as such i think i will suffer during the byes more than most. My low trades situation is also sub-optimal.

Interesting to see 4 of the Famous Coaches went the Bugg>Spurr trade last week. Spurr being borderline best 22 and questionable JS turned me off from doing this trade myself, even for a B8/9. My question to the FC's who traded Spurr in, are any of you going to cop a doughnut or not have any cover in the backs this week with Spurr being dropped or is he purely a B9 in your teams?

Interesting to see 4 of the Famous Coaches went the Bugg>Spurr trade last week. Spurr being borderline best 22 and questionable JS turned me off from doing this trade myself, even for a B8/9. My question to the FC's who traded Spurr in, are any of you going to cop a doughnut or not have any cover in the backs this week with Spurr being dropped or is he purely a B9 in your teams?
I'll be coping a zero now with all 3 of Smedts, Heppell and Spurr not being named this week...

I could have chosen to make a trade but doing one now will be no different than doing one during the bye rounds which I'm already not really keen on. Still surprised Spurr got dropped, thought he did alright on the weekend having a very strong first quarter.

I'll be coping a zero now with all 3 of Smedts, Heppell and Spurr not being named this week...

I could have chosen to make a trade but doing one now will be no different than doing one during the bye rounds which I'm already not really keen on. Still surprised Spurr got dropped, thought he did alright on the weekend having a very strong first quarter.
Even more surprising was Suban also being named on the extended bench, albeit he wound up an emergency as well. From what I have read here from Freo supporters, Suban has been struggling in the WAFL and that he was a long way back from Spurr in the pecking order. He and Spurr might end up battling it out for one spot. Will be interested to find out which of the 2 plays better in the WAFL this week..

From what I have read here from Freo supporters, Suban has been struggling in the WAFL and that he was a long way back from Spurr in the pecking order. He and Spurr might end up battling it out for one spot. Will be interested to find out which of the 2 plays better in the WAFL this week..

Suban was amongst Claremont's best players last week, and there is no WAFL this weekend due to the state game. That is one of the reasons why I think Suban came back into Freo's mix this week (no AFL players were eligible to play state footy).

Remove this Banner Ad

Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back