FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 07 to 08 the prices of players increased relative to the increase in the salary cap. m0nty or dogs might have the exact figure. Hopefully it's increased again this year.

Salary cap is up 3.7% from last season in line with the AFL collective bargaining agreement.

2007 - $6,943,750 per club
2008 - $7,431,250 per club
2009 - $7,706,250 per club
2010 - $7,962,500 per club
2011 - $8,225,000 per club

On Fanplanner Monty has factored in an increase of 10% for the MN from 4343 to 4777.

Last year the salary cap went up 7% but the MN went up 10.6% so with the cap only going up 3.7% this year Monty has set it at the higher end of where it could be. MN movements over previous years have been:

2008 - 4343 +10.6%
2007 - 3927 - 5.5%
2006 - 4156 +13%
2005 - 3676 +8.8%
2004 - 3376

so the answer is a pineapple. We tried to reverse calculate whether it was aligned to total points scored for the year etc but couldn't figure it out.

Best guess would be somewhere between 4600 and 4800 which would be a 6-11% increase.

Salary cap is up 3.7% from last season in line with the AFL collective bargaining agreement.

2007 - $6,943,750 per club
2008 - $7,431,250 per club
2009 - $7,706,250 per club
2010 - $7,962,500 per club
2011 - $8,225,000 per club

On Fanplanner Monty has factored in an increase of 10% for the MN from 4343 to 4777.

Last year the salary cap went up 7% but the MN went up 10.6% so with the cap only going up 3.7% this year Monty has set it at the higher end of where it could be. MN movements over previous years have been:

2008 - 4343 +10.6%
2007 - 3927 - 5.5%
2006 - 4156 +13%
2005 - 3676 +8.8%
2004 - 3376

so the answer is a pineapple. We tried to reverse calculate whether it was aligned to total points scored for the year etc but couldn't figure it out.

Best guess would be somewhere between 4600 and 4800 which would be a 6-11% increase.

Thanks...interesting to see a year where it went back.

Nice point Bondy.

Wonder if 2009 could be the year of:

6 Backs
8 Mids
2 Rucks
6 Forwards

which is more in line with how AFL is now played and how many players there are to choose from in each position.

This would be a brilliant. I never considered that the number of players in positions could change but this would definetly be an improvement IMO

Nice point Bondy.

6 Backs
8 Mids
2 Rucks
6 Forwards

which is more in line with how AFL is now played and how many players there are to choose from in each position.

Looking at that it looks like the way they could go. I mean its exactly how AFL is setup these days. Wouldnt at all suprise me if it is changed to this. But i would prefer it not to be as i have started to settle my team of late with the general setup of 08.:mad:

Nice point Bondy.

6 Backs
8 Mids
2 Rucks
6 Forwards

At least it would justify putting 90% of the guns in the midfield category.:rolleyes:

It would definately throw a spanner into the works for people with fanfooty teams! :D These threads would explode as people start panicking.

I'd like to see changes to the number of emergencies in each position - maybe take away the 4th ruck and have another bench player in the backs and forwards, since there are seven players to cover in those positions.

But if mids go to eight, as suggested above, then a third bench player for the mids would be best.

I apologise if its already been discussed, but has anybody worked out a good formula for how much points are worth in dollar form?

I hope you get what I'm saying, what I mean is, is there a way statistically to determine whether it is worth having a high priced player or to get a guy instead who may average less, but is a pretty good "value" pick, giving you extra cash to spend?

I'm sorry I had a fair bit of trouble trying to put my question down in a post, hope you guys can understand it?

I apologise if its already been discussed, but has anybody worked out a good formula for how much points are worth in dollar form?

I hope you get what I'm saying, what I mean is, is there a way statistically to determine whether it is worth having a high priced player or to get a guy instead who may average less, but is a pretty good "value" pick, giving you extra cash to spend?

I'm sorry I had a fair bit of trouble trying to put my question down in a post, hope you guys can understand it?

In your initial team or after the magic number flattens out?

Initially it depends on what the magic number is set at. If it's set at 4777 then 100 ppg = $477,700 so 1 point = $4,777.

After it drops say 10% after 8 or so rounds each point will be worth about $4,300.

In your initial team or after the magic number flattens out?

Initially it depends on what the magic number is set at. If it's set at 4777 then 100 ppg = $477,700 so 1 point = $4,777.

After it drops say 10% after 8 or so rounds each point will be worth about $4,300.

Yeah initial team, thanks mate :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dollars per point would vary per player. A rookie that scores 30 points would be like $3,000 per point, but a mid ranger that scored 30 would be $6,000-$7,000 per point.

Initially all the non discounted players are priced at their 2008 average * a magic number (MN) which is believed to be around 4777 roughly.

Dollars per point would vary per player. A rookie that scores 30 points would be like $3,000 per point, but a mid ranger that scored 30 would be $6,000-$7,000 per point.

Initially all the non discounted players are priced at their 2008 average * a magic number (MN) which is believed to be around 4777 roughly.

Hmmmmm.

So what you're saying is that there isn't really a "formula" to show what a players "worth" actually is.

Like I said earlier, I'd like to be able to know whether it would be worth getting a gun for a high price, or whether it is actually better to get someone lower priced, lower scoring average but having the extra cash to spend.

I suppose it's a stupid question :eek:

Hmmmmm.

So what you're saying is that there isn't really a "formula" to show what a players "worth" actually is.

Like I said earlier, I'd like to be able to know whether it would be worth getting a gun for a high price, or whether it is actually better to get someone lower priced, lower scoring average but having the extra cash to spend.

There are no stupid questions!

Pick the team that you think will give you the most points by round 22, whether that be rookies and guns, or mid-priced value players or another strategy. It is your dream team.

Hmmmmm.

If you divide a player's starting price by their 2008 average you will end up with the cost total of one point. Every player has this same number (currently estimated to be around 4777), so yes, the pricing is formulaic.

Some of the players in the FanFooty FanPlanner receive discounts on this price and are labeled accordingly. These too are only estimates, however.

Basically a player who averaged 50 last season will cost exactly half what a player who averaged 100 does. Rookies I believe are priced at an average of about 18 (?) points per game.

Hmmmmm.

At the end of the day, you need to get the most DT points you can. So it needs to be whatever it takes to get the most points under the salary cap. By having an even number of players, you aren't effected by injury as much. If you have 6 defenders averaging 60 and one gets injured, you still have 6*60=360 points in your backline (assuming no emergency cover). If you have 3 premiums averaging 90 and 3 rookies averaging 30 and a premium gets injured then you are down to 180+90=270 which is less than your 360.

The thing is if you want to upgrade so you end up with a backline averaging 90 is it easier to do with the 3 rookies to premiums, or the 6 mid ranged players? probably a balance. That's what it is all about, getting the strategy that suits this years player pool, picking the right players and managing your trades to get the best value you can.

We tried to reverse calculate whether it was aligned to total points scored for the year etc but couldn't figure it out.

Damn, thats what i thought was the greatest possibility:thumbsdown:.

My goal in the next 3 months before the season starts is to find out how that MN is calculated:D:eek:

G'day. I read alot over this whole sub forum but hardley ever post. One thing that i keep seeing is EDT and NP i know that they are the elite dreamteamers and the No Passengers but who are they and what exactly do they do ? and whats the differance between the two ? Thanks. And great posting guys !

G'day. I read alot over this whole sub forum but hardley ever post. One thing that i keep seeing is EDT and NP i know that they are the elite dreamteamers and the No Passengers but who are they and what exactly do they do ? and whats the differance between the two ? Thanks. And great posting guys !

Elite Dream Teamers are a group of people share a passion for DT (as many on these forums do). They are usually quite highly up in the league positions. If you look at last years leagues (http://afl.virtualsports.com.au/?p=topcoaches) they finished 7th and 12th as a league.

No passengers i believe is a similar sort of group. Bunch of people on BF that form leagues. But to get into a league you need to prove that you are fair dinkum (and rated well last year).

Elite Dream Teamers are a group of people share a passion for DT (as many on these forums do). They are usually quite highly up in the league positions. If you look at last years leagues (http://afl.virtualsports.com.au/?p=topcoaches) they finished 7th and 12th as a league.

No passengers i believe is a similar sort of group. Bunch of people on BF that form leagues. But to get into a league you need to prove that you are fair dinkum (and rated well last year).

Not true at all mate. FWIW we haven't had any leagues yet but may next year. We do not select our members based on previous rankings. The members we select are those who contribute the most quality on the main board.

Not true at all mate. FWIW we haven't had any leagues yet but may next year. We do not select our members based on previous rankings. The members we select are those who contribute the most quality on the main board.

How many are involved in the no passengers??

Also who makes the decision to bring a poster into the NP, is it a group decision or can someone say, they are posting really well i think they should be apart of NP?

Also can we get a list of who is involved in the NP??

I also doubt that you bring many posters into it, as their wouldnt be many that would know more or give you something you didnt already know.

When was the lastest poster introduced to NP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back