Bulldogs Roar

All Australian
Apr 8, 2008
Gippsland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Interesting position Farren finds himself in on the weekend. Should we beat the saint he would feel gutted he left, should we lose he would be wrapped.

How do we as doggies supporters feel towards him going into Fridays game?

Personally i wish him all the best, but hope he gets spanked. Don't have any hatred for him, unlike other bulldogs players who have left on more acrimonious terms (Brown).

I don't have any hatred for him or hold any grudges towards him, but honestly I hope he plays terrible against us. He has been in career best form this year for St Kilda, so if he had a bad game(a replica of his last years prelim effort against Hawthorn would be nice) then it would help us a lot.

Beyond this Friday, wish the guy well.

i dotn have anything against him either.
but one thing that does annoy me a bit is how good he has played for the saints this year - and why couldnt he do that for the dogs...

I have heard people say in other threads that he still has plenty of mates at the bulldogs so i wouldn't expect it to happen, but hypothetical wonder if some doggies player may line him up if the situation warranted. Given he wasn't the hardest of players at the doggies and it is such a big occasions there could be some fireworks.

I have heard people say in other threads that he still has plenty of mates at the bulldogs so i wouldn't expect it to happen, but hypothetical wonder if some doggies player may line him up if the situation warranted. Given he wasn't the hardest of players at the doggies and it is such a big occasions there could be some fireworks.

When I went to the first Saints v Dogs match this year I saw Farren go up to Coons at the end of the game to try and talk but Coon pretty much shook his hand with a blank look and kept walking.

Lets face it, if he was still at the dogs I doubt he'd have been in our best 22....The shift to the saints worked for him and hasn't hurt us. Win/win

You reckon anyone wants to risk a suspension this week??

I wish Farren all the best. He was right to leave, he wasn't needed in our structure but has a hell of a lot to offer other teams. Ideally I would like to see him play a blinder, but the Doggies win by plenty.:thumbsu:

he's moved on & is doing great things, so good luck to him :thumbsu:

met his mum after a game here in perth (where we beat the eagles at subi, first time anyone had beaten the eagles for the first time in years GO DOGS!!), seemed like a really good sort.

my friend's son is a bit gutted about it all, farren was his favourite player, even had his number on his jumper. can't win em all though.

p.s OP "rapt" not "wrapped"

Interesting position Farren finds himself in on the weekend. Should we beat the saint he would feel gutted he left, should we lose he would be wrapped.

Personally i wish him all the best, but hope he gets spanked. Don't have any hatred for him, unlike other bulldogs players who have left on more acrimonious terms (Brown).

I certainly don't wish him all the best!
He plays for the other side now.
Never thought he did much when he was with us. Get in line with Penny, Frost, Birss etc... Good Riddance.
Go Dogs!!

(PS: I was happy for Monty when he won a flag at Port after trying 3 clubs.)

good luck to him on his move he has been great for them, he would not be in our best 22 as there is no one whos spot he could take. on friday night i will hate him just like hes other 21 teammates i hope he plays like he did against hawthorn in that 1st final last year were he could not hit a target all night
dogs win by 13 matty boyd b.o.g ,aker will kick 5

10 seconds to go......Bulldogs lead by 1 point....Farren Ray has the ball streaming into the forward fifty being chased by Callan Ward...intense pressure.....butchers the ball and kicks it on the full....Dogs by a point!;)

10 seconds to go......Bulldogs lead by 1 point....Milne has the ball streaming into the forward fifty being chased by Callan Ward...intense pressure.....butchers the ball and kicks it on the full....Dogs by a point!;)

I have no hate towards Ray, therefor i hope you don't mind me editing your post!

;)

Now THAT would be awesome.

As far as i'm concered, he's a Saints player, we got Roughead who will be a ripper, in return, win/win by both clubs, good luck Farren, but i hope his team loses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farren Ray was the one that asked to be traded, we didn't want to get rid of him.

Yep.
Thats why I have no feelings to wish him well.
He left, he's is gone and this will be his last game of the year.
Let him look on and think "What if?"

Why is he getting so much sympathy here?

Well i cant stay angry at him for leaving. I mean i still like him as a player and i do wish him good luck for his future. He didnt do a Brown and make alot of noise when he left. He was a good player with us and he is a good player with the saints. But for friday i sure hope whoever is on him shuts him down completely so he cnat make an impact :p

We know how he can perform in finals when put under a heap of pressure. I dare say we may be sending a bit his way on Friday.

Tomorrow night I will be looking for that rabbit-in-the-headlights moment when Ray, panicking due to the pressure that we are applying, does a full 360 loop looking for someone to aimlessly give the ball off to, only to handball to another saints player who is about to be ferociously gang-tackled.

he owes us that from last year.

We know how he can perform in finals when put under a heap of pressure. I dare say we may be sending a bit his way on Friday.
You're thinking of the old Farren Ray.

We've got the new Farren Ray. Puts his head down and gets the job done.

You're thinking of the old Farren Ray.

We've got the new Farren Ray. Puts his head down and gets the job done.

Puts his head down and gets what job done?
You are kidding yourself!!
LOL!
aaah Thanks for the laugh......

We must all be talking about another Farren. Maybe its a common name?

He doesn't bother me because he wouldn't be in our best 22(who would you leave out for him?).

But then again

I hope he plays the worst game of his career along with 21 other saints. He is now the enemy.
Do you actually want that question answered? In his current form, he is best 22 at each and every club. You reaslie he is best 22 of a team than has currently gone 21-2? You think he wouldn't get a game at the Bulldogs?

Old Farren Ray wouldn't, yes I agree. New style Ray is in the best 22 of all 16 clubs. Accept that he became a better player after leaving the Bulldogs and carry on.

LOL!

Mmmm, jealousy? I known you and a HEAP of Doggies fans are shattered he is now performing. All you need to do is hear the "why didn't you do that for us" calls at both games this year. Both games in which he has tore you a new one. He has turned his game around, don't be so bitter becuase someone else got the best out of him.

And career highs in everything bar goals and hitouts. Including 10 tackles. Yep, he doesn't get in and get the job done. :rolleyes:

Do you actually want that question answered? In his current form, he is best 22 at each and every club. You reaslie he is best 22 of a team than has currently gone 21-2? You think he wouldn't get a game at the Bulldogs?

Old Farren Ray wouldn't, yes I agree. New style Ray is in the best 22 of all 16 clubs. Accept that he became a better player after leaving the Bulldogs and carry on.

This coming from an expert who doesn't rate Judd??
Hmmmmm.....

LOL!

Gets the job done that he has been set to do. You don't get continually picked in a 20-2 team if your form is garbage.

You had every reason to let him go when he wanted to move on, but the fact is that this has been his best season by far in all things. Consistency, effort and skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farren ray, how do we feel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back