Farrer League - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Farrer League

travelling past bolten park today and noticed a fleet footed, nimble matt malone slogging it out in pre-season training for marrar...look out farrar league, fumbles has lost atleast 8 stone and is looking fitter than ever! opposition fullbacks should be put on full alert!!

i also saw matt malone at bolton park. hes looking in the best shape he has been since the under 14s. good luck this year matt. i know you wont need it, the people you are playing against will. i think your a great guy matt malone.

I'd hate to be an AFL administrator, whatever they suggest they're going to be criticized. As I probably will after this.

Riverina re-organisation, suggestion from a forum newbie - to be on a voluntary basis, only if the clubs all agreed:

Western Riverina League
Griffith
Leeton
Coleambally
Narrandera
Northern Harvesters (merged Nthn Jets & Temora)
GGGM
Coolamon
7 teams, bye round, play two full rounds

Eastern Riverina League
Wagga Tigers
Turvey Park
East Wagga
North River Crays (merged Nth Wagga & Rivcoll & Marrar)
CollingullieAK
TRYC
MCU-Eastlakes
7 teams, bye round, play two full rounds

No good including Hume league clubs, they all look towards Albury.
How do the standards between Farrer and Riverina league's compare?:confused: Colli are a Hume league club don't recruit from anywhere near Albury:)

i was spying on matt malone in the pool yesterday and seen a cut figure with a rug 2 match. interesting to note his dad won the gerald clear medal in 89, could 09 b the year of the lion hearted malone??? what a great guy

Fair enough, Colleambally are a club at the northern extremity of the Hume League. I'm just saying - that because of this they'd make a good geographical fit for a hypothetical Western Riverina League.

With the current structure of RFL, I can understand why Griffith and Leeton-Whitton would want to maintain competition with the Wagga clubs, to keep up their footy standards. That's why I've suggested Super Bowl style all-Riverina finals series, where the western and eastern conferences (leagues) play-off at the end of the year. From each league this could be 2, or 3, or 4 clubs in the finals, depending on how long you want the season to run.

I reckon it would generate a lot of interest when finals came around, to see the teams go against each other "sight unseen".

For Griffith and Leeton-Whitton, they are now making trips to play five Wagga clubs (if you include MCU) home and away, plus finals games - surely the MIA players must get worn down by all that travelling. Is that good for their local footy, by standard or by player participation.

wasnt that long ago that they won the premiership and i think the comp was stronger then as well. was it 2001 or 2002

it was 7 0r 8 years ago what is your point. will be another 7 or 8 b4 they win one if havnt already folded by then.

it was 7 0r 8 years ago what is your point. will be another 7 or 8 b4 they win one if havnt already folded by then.
just saying they won a premiership not that long ago, perhaps you are just upset because you barack for geelong !! lol.. go hawks:)

With the Farrah season about to kick off what is everyones predictions? Obviously Gullie is clearly the team to beat and I think sides will be doing well to get within 10 goals.

Of the rest I am expecting The rock still to be relatively strong and score a big win this weekend with rivcol unfortunetely being on uni holidays and missing plenty.

Also expecting Marrah to score a win over the jets although dont think they will have improved as much as some are saying as they have lost some quality players from last year in J Gornall, S Barnes, Clint taylor, pavitt and stockton

With the Farrah season about to kick off what is everyones predictions? Obviously Gullie is clearly the team to beat and I think sides will be doing well to get within 10 goals.

Of the rest I am expecting The rock still to be relatively strong and score a big win this weekend with rivcol unfortunetely being on uni holidays and missing plenty.

Also expecting Marrah to score a win over the jets although dont think they will have improved as much as some are saying as they have lost some quality players from last year in J Gornall, S Barnes, Clint taylor, pavitt and stockton

Gullie comfortable victors over the Kangaroos in ones and twos, however Roos 17s gave Gullie a whopping. The Rock over Rivcoll however the pigs have shown some improvement. The Bombers comfortably over the understrength Jets in ones and twos, with the bombers 17s sneaking home by a couple of points at the death.

i was spying on matt malone in the pool yesterday and seen a cut figure with a rug 2 match. interesting to note his dad won the gerald clear medal in 89, could 09 b the year of the lion hearted malone??? what a great guy

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. However I dont think i'll be attracting too much attention from the opposition full backs just yet- I've enjoyed a good pre season and it was just great to finally get out there yesterday with the boys and get our first win on the board!

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. However I dont think i'll be attracting too much attention from the opposition full backs just yet- I've enjoyed a good pre season and it was just great to finally get out there yesterday with the boys and get our first win on the board!
Hey Malone did you cop your penalties fo giving away fifty on Sat?:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has dejong been sited for the incident on friday night?
The game was pretty physical and the lead up to next game will be interesting

Has dejong been sited for the incident on friday night?
The game was pretty physical and the lead up to next game will be interesting
hey guys keep an eye out for two new temora recruits from premiership team yass. david willisdorf and leigh french. they should go alright i reckon

I see Luke Webb from the Rock is heading to the tribuneral. From what i have heard he's in for a couple of weeks on the sidelines.

Similar incident happened round 2. If DeJong didnt run in while he was doing the water against marrar, try and be the hero and get involved when webb was copping what he deserved he probably would have learnt his lesson that day and may not have found himself in the same situation on the weekend.

Doctor, that would have to be one of the most unfactual stories i've ever read. I was at both games (just like to see live footy) and none of your dribble is true. You could probably get a job at the D.A. if you keep it up!!

I see Luke Webb from the Rock is heading to the tribuneral. From what i have heard he's in for a couple of weeks on the sidelines.

Similar incident happened round 2. If DeJong didnt run in while he was doing the water against marrar, try and be the hero and get involved when webb was copping what he deserved he probably would have learnt his lesson that day and may not have found himself in the same situation on the weekend.

Yeh your right Doctor. Webby will cop four weeks at least for his cheap shot on Powelly. Must have been hungry

Doctor, that would have to be one of the most unfactual stories i've ever read. I was at both games (just like to see live footy) and none of your dribble is true. You could probably get a job at the D.A. if you keep it up!!

Finally a response on this forum

If there was no truth to it northboy why would webb change his mind and take the 2 weeks..?

If you were at the marrar game you would know as well as i do that dejong was in the wrong getting involved as he did. All he did was make himself look like an idiot, or atleast confirm what everybody already knew...

Finally a response on this forum

If there was no truth to it northboy why would webb change his mind and take the 2 weeks..?

If you were at the marrar game you would know as well as i do that dejong was in the wrong getting involved as he did. All he did was make himself look like an idiot, or atleast confirm what everybody already knew...

Was also at the Marrar game. Webb threw one that grazed the "back" of the Marrar players head (this says a lot about the guy) and when the marrar player turned to retaliate Webb pooped his pants and went into the feotal position. Didnt see the Gullie incident so won't comment.;)

Looks like NSW-ACT footy might be going to follow my suggestion of a Riverina wide combined competition. The DA said that a decision is a couple of weeks away.

I hope the model they finally go with is for eastern and western conferences, the top teams in each then combined into a Riverina wide finals series.

Any Comments on the Farrer Rep side. Looked like a shocker. Picked some ordinary Players.

Gday guys, from down here at the ovens & king footy league how has the interest been with the rep side, we will be picking from a squad of around 30 odd and as always a couple of the blokes you would like to play arnt available or are injured the blokes that are there though are pretty keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farrer League - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back