Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Had it a couple of times but it was just a more expensive version of HJs, the fries were identical and the burger offerings similar.

It was much better than Maccas, but everything is better than that shit, yet still people flock to Maccas with long queues all the time.

But up here it was in a terrible location, out of town and only went if heading to Melbourne at dinner time. Every time I went there was no one there.

However, none of the news stories seem to say which are shut and which are staying open.
Agree with most of this, though I thought they were better than HJ's. There was one next door to Bunnings, a couple of suburbs over from us and it was always near empty. Was a very weird location, will be interesting to see what happens to the site.
Best burgers I've had are Shake Shack, in the USA. Added bonus, they have crinkle cut chips as well.

Agree with most of this, though I thought they were better than HJ's. There was one next door to Bunnings, a couple of suburbs over from us and it was always near empty. Was a very weird location, will be interesting to see what happens to the site.
Best burgers I've had are Shake Shack, in the USA. Added bonus, they have crinkle cut chips as well.

Yeah probably better than HJs, but not enough variety to make it worth the trip.

Although compared to the HJs near my home in Melbourne they’re a mile in front, the HJs there are a disgrace to all fast food outlets…If it as the first time you’d ever tried HJs you’d never go there again. Unfortunately it wasn’t a one off as it’s horrible every single time someone goes there.

Most of the burger places I find are good first time but none here that are so good you want to keep going back. There was one in Croydon that was good, but they operated more as a cafe and only opened some nights.

Had it a couple of times but it was just a more expensive version of HJs, the fries were identical and the burger offerings similar.

It was much better than Maccas, but everything is better than that shit, yet still people flock to Maccas with long queues all the time.

But up here it was in a terrible location, out of town and only went if heading to Melbourne at dinner time. Every time I went there was no one there.

However, none of the news stories seem to say which are shut and which are staying open.

Did read none in QLD affected, leaves a lot closing elsewhere.

ClosedOpen
ThomastownMelton
LyndhurstDandenong
EppingTarneit
Altona
Shepparton
Knox
Ballarat
Docklands
Greenvale
Williams Landing
Cranbourne
Clayton
Braybrook
Wodonga
Craigieburn
Campbellfield

Had my first Carl's Jr experience on my 1st trip to the USA 30 odd years ago. It fast became one of my go to fast food places in the States (with In N Out, Panda Express, Taco Bell and Jack In The Box) over the years thanks to a higher quality of food compared to Mickey Dees and BK, and their free soda refills which were very handy in the middle of summer.

I was very pleased when Carl's first arrived down under, and even happier when they opened a store not far from my home, meaning I could get my chargrilled beef fix without flying across the Pacific.

I think one of the big reasons Carl's has failed is the complete lack of advertising on mainstream media. In the US they advertise on FTA and cable, radio and on socials.

I have only ever seen an ad in Australia on Facebook, and those ads are targeted to specific users by the Meta algorithm. I can't ever remember seeing an ad on FTA TV or heard an ad on the radio.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have an aversion to Mackers these days but always see the special burgers advertised and think i want one, then when I eventually get around to getting one they're off the menu, happened with the ****in McRib earlier in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Back