Fastest Player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

i remember watching a eagles match last year and cousins and judd were playing with the ball in the midfield and cousins run into the 50 with judd along side him. then cousins handballs to judd who's been chased by some guy and he goals on the run. the commentators were having a collective orgasm over judds speed over the defence

it was funny just hearing the commentary. cant remember but garry lyon must have been speaking that day

romanwfw said:
i remember watching a eagles match last year and cousins and judd were playing with the ball in the midfield and cousins run into the 50 with judd along side him. then cousins handballs to judd who's been chased by some guy and he goals on the run. the commentators were having a collective orgasm over judds speed over the defence

it was funny just hearing the commentary. cant remember but garry lyon must have been speaking that day
I think that was the great running goal he kicked last year against the Tiggers when he overtook Cousins like he was standing still. Wouldn't have happened if there was a booze bus nearby!

westernnugget said:
Mark Williams anyone??

No-one seems to be able to keep up with him on the lead.

I reckon the fastest player iv'e ever seen is Dunstall on the lead which is quite irellevent to this thread but still, Dunstall was explosive on a burst like none iv'e ever seen.

:)

couch was pretty quick in his prime. Peter Matera could out do anyone with ageing dodgy knees, our runner metropolis is faster than 23.666% of players 1st cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sante said:
Maybe he got it in 10.81 or something on GF day, if I find the thread I'll prove it

10.81 is a bit different than 10.

Maybe I can't rely on BigFooty as a foolproof source of information after all.

From North...

1. Brad Moran. Holds the draft camp sprint records. Amazingly is 200cm & 100kgs+ (2nd year on our list, currently playing with the Tassie Devils learning the Aussie Rules caper)

2. Daniel Wells.

3. Brent Harvey (fast when he has the ball in range of goals. Not so, when he's chasing an opponent)

4. Leigh Harding (as above, but not quite as quick as Scarlett's barrage of uppercuts)

Going by last year's Grand Final sprint Brett Deledio must be pretty close. Judd is explosive off the mark but would he outrun others over 100m?

From my team I thought Shannon Byrnes was really quick (and he is) but even he said Tenace always beats him over 100.

Doesn't matter really, as long as they can actually play footy as well.

sante said:
Didn't find the thread but tonight he out ran Judd with ease and bare in mind he has a virus :thumbsu: :p
Judd touched him when he kicked it.

I think Judds still faster, made up 5 metres on him.

Lids is extremely fast though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fastest Player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back