Fastest Player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch is one of the fastest but he looks injured right now. Last year, the look on Davey's face when he took a mark in space and was run down by Crouch seconds later was a classic.

Saying that, Davey's ability to accelerate and get around a player is pure joy to watch. Judd has brilliant acceleration and thinks so well when he's running. Again, as a Swans supporter I enjoyed the moment last year when Judd was making his break and Crouch ran around him on the outside and took the ball off him.

dipper86 said:
Exactly.

Deledio had a nice head start.

And Judd couldn't catch him :D He had to stretch and 'touched' him as F/D says but Deledio had slowed down just a tad to kick the ball :thumbsu:

Also, Judd has had more pre seasons than him and Deledio is only 18...so Brett being faster already, imagine in a few years time :eek: :thumbsu:

sante said:
And Judd couldn't catch him :D He had to stretch and 'touched' him as F/D says but Deledio had slowed down just a tad to kick the ball :thumbsu:

Also, Judd has had more pre seasons than him and Deledio is only 18...so Brett being faster already, imagine in a few years time :eek: :thumbsu:
A.Walker nearly ran down Judd last year when he slowed to kick one of his goals of the year. That was after Walker overtook a teammate who was also chasing Judd and only a shepherd from an Eagle stopped Andrew getting a hand on him as he slowed to kick. Like Judd's reported chase of Deledio, Andrew nearly caught Deledio after he got the ball on a break, exploded out of the blocks but then slowed to kick the ball.

Wasn't as good as when he ran down Andrew Lovett who didn't expect anyone would catch him! Lovett didn't take too kindly to being dumped by the bigger Walker. :p

Betts flew past Jared Crouch this evening to goal like he was standing still and he's lightning quick out of the blocks. :thumbsu:

Deledio would be the quickest but Judd and Griffen are better footballers.

Grimreepah said:
10.81 is a bit different than 10.

Maybe I can't rely on BigFooty as a foolproof source of information after all.

Usually the difference between first and last in a 100m race :D

Daveys top speed would be clearly faster than anyone else, but i think deledio would win over 100m. Keep in mind that when Judd caught up to him last night, its much harder to run flat out, while bouncing the footy, than to just run flat out

doggies said:
for all those people saying davey is the fastest, you are wrong - matthew robbins chased down davey from behind atleast 3 times on saturday. im not sure if its because melbourne gave up after half time (like our opponents in round 1 did), but robbo was a lot faster than davey.

Actually, I remember Flash burning him off but the free kick was for running too far. Going by your logic there Simon Prestigiacomo is quicker than Sampi because I remember Presti running down Sampi last year.
Davey or Judd IMO. Andrew Walker comes a close second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fastest Player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back