Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Mutaz El Nour academy eligible at all since he went through the Bacar Hoult academy?

Is Mutaz El Nour academy eligible at all since he went through the Bacar Hoult academy?

No we have an NGA zone same as other Vic teams. Our zone just happens to be a wasteland. Bachar Houli foundation is basically grants from Richmond/ AFL/ MCC/ Government/ Businesses to engage/ assimilate the Muslim community through footy. Completely separate thing.

The whole NGA is clear as mud anyway. Michito Owens is acceptable because his mother's Japanese. But a kid who's parent is German or Italian isn't? We've only had a couple American and Canadian players in AFL history so why is a kid like Andrew McGrath not eligible? The whole NGA was a pile of 💩 to try distract us from the fact that half of Sydney's guns are untouchable academy kids and Gold Coast are about to get 3 guns in top 20 untouchable.

Sad thing is our zone is so bad we only got eggmolesse Smith out of it yet have taken 3 rejects from Brisbane's academy in Samson, Cumbo and Martyn. Clearly something's rotten in Denmark. We can't even get an NGA kids name mentioned as a potential top 200 kid. We should be demanding a re-zone.

Charlie Naish I think will surprise, his Northern Knights form has been consistently good this year. Also in some private school showcase match a week ago he had 21 touches 9 marks and kicked 5 goals.

He's playing good footy.

Not high on the radar so likely to be a mid-late bid if any, I reckon we can pick him up with a pick in the late 40s - early 60s which would be a good get.

He has HFF potential, has been named TOTW in for the under 18s league with Northern Kmights a couple times on the HFF.

We will/should take him especially as a discounted pick if it eventuates.

Could have been the sub this weekend... 22 games next year is a big ask
I actually think these could become list management decisions in the future.

Example: if Pickett ends next season on 95 games is it worth giving him a one-year contract so that we are in the box seat to draft his kids?

Example: if Pickett ends next season on 95 games is it worth giving him a one-year contract so that we are in the box seat to draft his kids?
I think it would be a unique case as Pickett’s kids are getting to an age where you might actually get a feel for their ability and perhaps make decisions based off that

For a general footballer it would be rare that they have kids old enough to factor that into contract considerations

No.

Absolute insanity to base list management decisions on whether a player’s 9,10 or 12 year old kids might be good enough to get drafted one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kids who may or may not debut in 15 years time , can't wait .

No.

Absolute insanity to base list management decisions on whether a player’s 9,10 or 12 year old kids might be good enough to get drafted one day.

agree to one maybe...but three?!? Might be worth a thought or two!
I only used Pickett as an example, for what might happen somewhere in the league some time in the future.

It’s just a thought exercise for some guys who started late (eg Pickett, Tim Kelly) or players who moved clubs, especially players who moved interstate and then returned home (maybe not the best example but Gary Rohan).

It doesn't matter mate. You aren't making list management decisions on 18 year genetic and lifestyle lottery speculation.
No your not...in a year or two would give you a fair idea of how talented these kids are....that's when you make plans!
Not from their day of birth!

Two oldest boys would be around 13 and 11.

I wouldn't be holding my breathe. What's the chance they're first rounders anyway?

I wouldn't base current list decisions on that speculation unless they are currently looking like super dominant at their level.

I wouldn't be holding my breathe. What's the chance they're first rounders anyway?

I wouldn't base current list decisions on that speculation unless they are currently looking like super dominant at their level.
As I said, just used Marlion as an example. Maybe his boys aren’t showing anything so it doesn’t factor in. But if the eldest had made a state schoolboys footy squad, or was excelling at basketball or athletics it could enter the discussion.

Could be some guy who has played 150 games interstate and has moved back to his home state and played another 95 games. Maybe he has a few kids already.

I know it’s a lottery and a lot would need to go right, but if you could get value from the player in the upcoming season and also lock in the F-S potential then a club might just do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back