List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Get ready for a good old VAFL reaming..

Coincidence Jon Ralph didn't mention Tyler Welsh?

AFL father-son, academy draft bidding: What price will Carlton pay for Ben and Lucas Camporeale?​

Carlton is poised to secure two first-round prospects as father-sons this year. But if the AFL pushes through a planned draft overhaul, they could come at a huge cost.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL News. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Carlton and Gold Coast are desperately hoping the AFL retains its current father-son and academy bidding system as players linked to their clubs rise up the draft chart.
Gold Coast academy player Leo Lombard now looks a very likely top-10 pick after two exceptional games for the Allies in the national championships, winning 27 and 32 possessions. And Carlton’s father-son pair Ben and Lucas Camporeale could be late first-round picks after impressive starts to their seasons.
AFL head of football Laura Kane told this masthead recently the league had not ruled out making changes this year as part of the competitive balance review, which would see clubs pay a fairer price for players.
One proposal would see clubs forced to retain their first-round picks and hand them over in exchange for matching bids for their players.
If the system changes to ensure clubs pay a fairer price Carlton might have to trade in another early pick to secure both Camporeales.

The Blues believed the AFL would come back to clubs to consult with them further if it was to consider a change to the system.

It means clubs including Brisbane, likely to secure father-son Levi Ashcroft and academy player Sam Marshall in the top 20 picks, will wait nervously to see if they have to stump up more picks.

Gold Coast has three first-rounders but could trade them out for established players in the earlier October trade period then accumulate a collection of late picks to match a bid for Lombard.

1717553361882.png

AFL father-son, academy draft bidding: What price will Carlton pay for Ben and Lucas Camporeale?​

Carlton is poised to secure two first-round prospects as father-sons this year. But if the AFL pushes through a planned draft overhaul, they could come at a huge cost.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL News. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Carlton and Gold Coast are desperately hoping the AFL retains its current father-son and academy bidding system as players linked to their clubs rise up the draft chart.
Gold Coast academy player Leo Lombard now looks a very likely top-10 pick after two exceptional games for the Allies in the national championships, winning 27 and 32 possessions. And Carlton’s father-son pair Ben and Lucas Camporeale could be late first-round picks after impressive starts to their seasons.
AFL head of football Laura Kane told this masthead recently the league had not ruled out making changes this year as part of the competitive balance review, which would see clubs pay a fairer price for players.
One proposal would see clubs forced to retain their first-round picks and hand them over in exchange for matching bids for their players.
If the system changes to ensure clubs pay a fairer price Carlton might have to trade in another early pick to secure both Camporeales.

The Blues believed the AFL would come back to clubs to consult with them further if it was to consider a change to the system.

It means clubs including Brisbane, likely to secure father-son Levi Ashcroft and academy player Sam Marshall in the top 20 picks, will wait nervously to see if they have to stump up more picks.

Gold Coast has three first-rounders but could trade them out for established players in the earlier October trade period then accumulate a collection of late picks to match a bid for Lombard.

View attachment 2011122
I give up.

Follow

View attachment 2011122
The fact Carlton would be negatively impacted is our best hope for the rule not being changed.

If they can figure out a way to **** us over but protect the Blues though…

The fact Carlton would be negatively impacted is our best hope for the rule not being changed.

If you have had a FS draftee in last 12 months you can't match another one.

Easy, screw Brisbane and Adelaide, leave Carlton alone.

If your f/s or academy pick is in a different state or country than where your club is located, you are exempt from the new rule

That Ben Campo would be a nice get

CAMPOREALE FIRE BUT SA CAUGHT SHORT

Adelaide father-son hopeful Tyler Welsh and Carlton father-son prospect Ben Camporeale were among South Australia’s best but they couldn’tprevent an eight-point loss to Vic Country in the under-18 national championships on Sunday at Ikon Park.Brisbane father-son prospect Levi Ashcroft starred in Vic Metro’s 16-pointwin over the Allies in the first game of a double-header.Camporeale was prolific through the midfield for SA, giving Blues fans plenty to be excited about. With his father Scott – a 1995 Carlton premiership player – watching from the stands, Camporeale was seemingly everywhere as he provided plenty of drive for the Croweaters.He finished with a game-high 28 disposals along with five clearances.Key forward Welsh made the most of his limited opportunities forward,again showing off his strong overhead marking and accurate set-shot goalkicking as he finished with 4.2 from seven disposals and five marks.Two of those goals came in the last quarter, helping SA get back in thegame.Ashcroft, a standout player at all levels in the first half of his draft year,was clean and composed in what were particularly wet conditions duringVic Metro’s match.The son of triple Brisbane premiership player Marcus and the youngerbrother of Lions young gun Will, Ashcroft spent most of the game on-balland racked up 24 disposals, four marks, six clearances and two goals.The championships continue next Sunday, with South Australia hostingWestern Australia at Alberton Oval

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the birth today of Roo's first son, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread containing a list of all our F/S eligible kids.

The following is a list of all players who have been good enough to represent the Adelaide Football Club on 100+ occasions. Below each of them are their male progeny.

I'm sure there are many more that I am unaware of, so post in this thread and I will update the OP. If possible, include the year in which they will be eligible for drafting (assuming they're good enough). I did find a previous thread which gave draft years for these kids, but some of them may have changed due to the recent rule changes regarding draft age limits.

I haven't listed the SANFL eligible sires and I can't honestly be bothered doing so. We only have a few more years before their eligibility lapses anyway.

* - indicates that this player is eligible for a second club as well.

Nathan Bassett
Peter Bassett (2029)
Sebastian Bassett (2031)

Eddie Betts * (184 games for Carlton)
Lewis Betts (2031 ?)
Billy Betts (2033 ?)
Eddie Betts IV (2038)

Mark Bickley
Tyson Bickley (2026)
Xavier Bickley (2030)

Brett Burton
James Thomas Burton (2027)

Matthew Clarke * (130 games for Brisbane)
Samuel Clarke (2030)

Matt Crouch
Charlie Crouch (2042)

Patrick Dangerfield * (expected to play 100+ games for Geelong)
George Dangerfield (2035)

Richard Douglas
Archie Douglas (2038)

Michael Doughty
Max Doughty (2030)
Charlie Doughty (2032)

Simon Goodwin
Edward Goodwin (2024)

Ben Hart
Brady Hart (2027)

Kyle Hartigan
Henley Hartigan (2039)

Graham Johncock
Graham Johncock Jnr (2032)
???? Johncock (2037)

Kane Johnson * (116 games for Richmond)
Oskar Johnson (2032)

Tom Lynch
Koby (2031)
Jaxon (2036)

Chris McDermott
Frasier McDermott (2023)

David Mackay
William Mackay (2034)
Tom Mackay (???)

Anthony Modra
Luke Modra (2030)

Jason Porplyzia
Jude (2039)

Brent Reilly
Jax Cameron Reilly (2034)

Mark Ricciuto
Nick Ricciuto (2025)
Joe Ricciuto (2028)
Rocco Ricciuto (2031)
Tom Ricciuto (2034)

Ben Rutten
Jack Rutten (2025)
Bernie Rutten (2028)

Robert Shirley
Tom Shirley (2030)

Rory Sloane
Sonny Sloane (2037)
Bohdi Leo Sloane (2039)

Mark Stevens
Mitchell Stevens (2024)
Will Stevens (2026)

Daniel Talia
Maximilian Talia (2039)

Scott Thompson
Harry Thompson (2028)

Kurt Tippett (AKA Pond Scum)
Will Tippett (2037 ?)

Simon Tregenza
Caleb Tregenza (2024)

Bernard Vince (100 games for Melbourne)
Harvey Vince (2037)

Scott Welsh
Tyler Welsh (2023)
Sonny Welsh (2025)

Taylor Walker
Hugo Walker (2037)
Louis Jack Walker (2039)

Rory Atkins
Rhett Biglands
Nathan Bock
Luke Brown
Tyson Edwards
Darcy Fogarty
Sam Jacobs
Rod Jameson
Andrew Jarman
Darren Jarman
* (109 games for Hawthorn)
Josh Jenkins
Jake Kelly
Rory Laird
Matthew Liptak
Anthony McGuiness
* (109 games for Western Bulldogs)
Andrew McLeod
Ken McGregor
Lachlan Murphy
Reilly O'Brien
Andy Otten
Ian Perrie
David Pittman
Shaun Rehn

Matthew Robran
Nigel Smart
Brodie Smith
Tyson Stenglein
* (102 games for West Coast Eagles)
Scott Stevens
Nathan van Berlo
Taylor Walker

Sons Not Drafted

Brodie Edwards (2021)
Luke Edwards (2020) ** Drafted by West Coast Eagles
Zac Hart (2017)
Stefan Jarman (2010)
Oscar McGuiness (2016)
Connor McLeod
Darcy Pittman (2015)
Thomas Rehn (2013)
Angus Rehn (2019)
Jeremiah Smart (2017)
Noah Smart (2022)
Joseph Tregenza (2022)

Father/Son Selections
Ben Jarman (2016) *** Nominated as Adelaide's 1st ever F/S player in 2016
Jackson Edwards (2016) ** Nominated as Adelaide's 2nd F/S player in 2017
FR0GGY

Frasier McDermott

Season 5 Lol GIF by Paramount+

Any of the girls team have any potential boys coming through. (if they are eligible)

Hatchard , Biddel or Marinoff would have some tough kids.
Interesting with Chelsea Randall and Marijane Rajcic's boy..

How many games do the women have to play to qualify

Interesting with Chelsea Randall and Marijane Rajcic's boy..

How many games do the women have to play to qualify
I'm unsure if they've even bothered to come up with a rule for this yet, the AFLW competition is still so new. But... everything in AFLW seems to be pro rata'd (for example its points contribution to the McLelland Trophy) so you would hope they'd take an approach that sees the games required as being roughly equivalent - something like 5 full seasons, or thereabouts.

That said, one of the things I hope the AFLW can achieve is to break with some of the annoying traditions of the mens game. Holding the grand final at the MCG is one thing they've no need for in AFLW, and I'd be happy for them to get rid of parent child draft concessions altogether at some point too.

I'm unsure if they've even bothered to come up with a rule for this yet, the AFLW competition is still so new. But... everything in AFLW seems to be pro rata'd (for example its points contribution to the McLelland Trophy) so you would hope they'd take an approach that sees the games required as being roughly equivalent - something like 5 full seasons, or thereabouts.

That said, one of the things I hope the AFLW can achieve is to break with some of the annoying traditions of the mens game. Holding the grand final at the MCG is one thing they've no need for in AFLW, and I'd be happy for them to get rid of parent child draft concessions altogether at some point too.
And surely if it happens the benchmark has to be less than 100 games like the men as the women have a short season.

And surely if it happens the benchmark has to be less than 100 games like the men as the women have a short season.
Yes that's what I mean by choosing 5 seasons as a benchmark. In the mens comp 100 games is just under 5 full seasons of footy played. In the womens comp the games played is far less. You'd think something like 50 games would be appropriate.

Yes that's what I mean by choosing 5 seasons as a benchmark. In the mens comp 100 games is just under 5 full seasons of footy played. In the womens comp the games played is far less. You'd think something like 50 games would be appropriate.
Erin Phillips had 46 games for the crows. Shame is there isn't some grand(father):think: provision in there when it comes.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back