Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

As we used (wasted) our 3rd on Fuller last season, surely a 4th on Foster is ok considering he's showing good signs of being a late bloomer. Macrae was a late bloomer and didnt show good signs until his draft year (yes I know he was a year younger though) and look at him now.
By that theory using a third round pick is not a waste :)

At least he could be a KPP.

I have no problems in using a 3rd/4th on him Lach, however other posters on this thread seem to.
Yeah, it is interesting what posters want.

Personally, 3rd round onwards stock up on needs as about 1 in 4 are successful in any meaningful way. If we have an opportunity for a genuine KPP through father-son, unless there is a definite better KPP take the father-son.

Alternatively if no father son again stock up on needs.

Best player available is for the first 2 rounds

We wanted Ben Brown last year, North picked him up with their 3rd, looks a much better forward than Cordy/Campbell.
Yeah, we picked up Fuller. Cordy and Campbell are more Ruck/forwards, Brown is a forward who can pinch hot in the ruck. When we were already running 3 KPP's on the list short, very poor decision

Yeah, it is interesting what posters want.

Personally, 3rd round onwards stock up on needs as about 1 in 4 are successful in any meaningful way. If we have an opportunity for a genuine KPP through father-son, unless there is a definite better KPP take the father-son.

Alternatively if no father son again stock up on needs.

Best player available is for the first 2 rounds

We do need HB flankers though, but Howard/Pearce/Fuller for one reason or another aren't up to it at AFL level. If we draft Foster and Cordy the we're ok in fwd/def depth but just need a ready made KPF also. I'm a big fan of getting Sam Reid in due to his 2011-2012 form but others are sceptical.

Anyways, I'm all for getting both kids with 3rd/4th rounders, we just need to nail the other draft picks.

We wanted Ben Brown last year, North picked him up with their 3rd, looks a much better forward than Cordy/Campbell.
I'd judge Brown when he gets a decent opponent. Has had Austin and George Steinbrenner ( whatever his name is) .
Shows promise, but still got a fair way to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually he was the former owner of the New York Yankees. Which is why he was portrayed in Seinfeld when George went to work for them.
Yeah I know, but Seinfeld is amazing :drunk:

anyway, regarding father sons
I hope Foster isn't the only KPF we take at the draft :D
would be good if we end up grabbing a couple

would be amazing if he was the best out of the lot to

Yeah I know, but Seinfeld is amazing :drunk:

anyway, regarding father sons
I hope Foster isn't the only KPF we take at the draft :D
would be good if we end up grabbing a couple

would be amazing if he was the best out of the lot to
I have a feeling after hearing some info, that we'll be trying to package Jones as part of a bid to get access to Wright. Not the thread for trade hypotheticals so I won't offer any, but we're going to go hard at Wright.

"Wright going back with the flight takes a HUGE mark in the pack, but he'll line up on a difficult angle.. He chips back to Foster on the 50m paint who wheels onto his preferred left and unleashes a monstrous shot on goal towards the Footscray End! Dogs lead by 102, 6 gone in the third"

Hey guys/girls,
Can anyone tell me what sort of mid macpherson is? I think I may scream if he has good skills and can play both outside and inside

From what I've seen he does. The problem is he's just so small, I'd imagine he's in the low 170cm's on height. We already have Honeychurch and Hrovat who are similar so I'm not excited by him to tell you the truth.

From what I've seen he does. The problem is he's just so small, I'd imagine he's in the low 170cm's on height. We already have Honeychurch and Hrovat who are similar so I'm not excited by him to tell you the truth.

Still always a chance for a growth spurt, never say never :p

I was tiny and stopped growing, then one year I just went boom! grew another 5-6cm

Last edited:
"Wright going back with the flight takes a HUGE mark in the pack, but he'll line up on a difficult angle.. He chips back to Foster on the 50m paint who wheels onto his preferred left and unleashes a monstrous shot on goal towards the Footscray End! Dogs lead by 102, 6 gone in the third"

Wake up man , your dreaming !

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back