Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. Foster is turning it on lately. Sucks in a sense we will have to give up more for him but great to see we may have a home grown FF coming through the ranks.
Fact that foster doesn't do any school comps etc means he's allowed himself to train for TAC which explains why he's having a great year, hopefully that translate to his afl career.

Time to taper off, Jayden
Too late for that.
21 goals in his last four games will have draft watchers paying plenty of attention. Especially as he kicked 7 six of them in a final.

Last edited:
The big man slotted another six goals today. Moved very well, clunked some big grabs and had 6 goals straight. Will still go as a late pick, maybe even a rookie pick. Only issue is that he needs to be fed the ball to really impact. Needs to work on his defensive game, and I'd imagine once drafted the Doggies will try to get him to work higher up the ground, too.

Anyway, he had a fantastic game - you should all be very happy!

Foster.jpg

According to Knightmare, we should be able to nominate for him as a F/S selection. So that takes off a little pressure to recruit a KPF which means we can go with someone like Lever as our first rounder.

He's still eligible to be taken as a F/S selection, that's not an issue. Cordy will probably be a third round pick - another KPP albeit a little undersized. Still, two handy players at both ends of the ground guaranteed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty excited about Foster, as raw as he might be. BRG93's photoshop efforts have doubled the excitement, everyone looks better in red, white and blue.

Hopefully Dalrymple makes himself less than scarce tomorrow so I can pick his brain about Foster, Cordy and Lever.

Unless you are going to the TAC finals Nathan I say that you won't see Dally.

Jets playing tomorrow makes me happy. There are so many players in the team that I would love to get at the dogs. What was weird was mclean and Urban weren't in the bests for Oakleigh this week yet they beat a side that most thought would go all the way to the GF easily. Maybe it was just weird bests and those two had an impacted the game.

Would love to get Foster as a Rookie so we can use the extra pick on someone with class. Like McLean who could be a steal late.

Also Maishman who is Wallis's cousin had a good day today. :D so pretty happy with relatives/FS this year.

As we used (wasted) our 3rd on Fuller last season, surely a 4th on Foster is ok considering he's showing good signs of being a late bloomer. Macrae was a late bloomer and didnt show good signs until his draft year (yes I know he was a year younger though) and look at him now.

just like his dad

300px-Sam_myspace.jpg

As we used (wasted) our 3rd on Fuller last season, surely a 4th on Foster is ok considering he's showing good signs of being a late bloomer. Macrae was a late bloomer and didnt show good signs until his draft year (yes I know he was a year younger though) and look at him now.
Peter Foster was a late developer. Wasn't special when he came to us, went to become almost best CHF in the VFL. Was pretty tough from what I recall. Dermis rated him pretty highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back