Society/Culture Father's Day or Special Persons Day? The case for change.

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet your dad is glad about that. He gets a Father's Day everyday of the year without you there.
Ooh sick burn. Did you come up with that while getting treatment for gay germs?

Yes, I have no opinion despite most people on here complaining that my opinion doesn't match theirs. Such a poor troll. I feel sorry for you and your make believe kids.
Must be sad.
Being 12,000 km away from the real world.
Where your only friend is BF and a keyboard...

The name Father's Day seems a bit antiquated now that Fathers are not a perfunctory part of a family unit, and post-SSM (I assume it will pass and rightly so), what is the message that it sends, not only to children without present fathers, but also to gay couples?

I always dreaded Father's Day because I didn't want to include my father. He was an alcoholic and verbally abusive to all of us. So I sympathise with children in particular who want no part of this holiday for other reasons, ie. not having a present biological father at all.

What is your opinion on picking a more inclusive name? How would you go about it?

http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/08/30...-special-persons-day-backlash-on-social-media

"Sperm donor day"

Or just Sperm day

Imagine the parties!

Must be sad.
Being 12,000 km away from the real world.
Where your only friend is BF and a keyboard...
So Australia is the real world and Europe, where most of Australia's culture comes from is not the real world?

Trolling used to mean something once upon a time. There were genuinely funny trolls that were clearly intelligent people.

Now we have barely coherent rubbish such as 'You're there, so can't be...'

Sigh.
Wasn't meant for you.
You do know there is an ignore button don't you?

European countries have no culture according to the left
Ah the geelong-crazy school of debate.

Make up an fantasy about what "the left" believe and argue against it. Classic :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah the geelong-crazy school of debate.

Make up an fantasy about what "the left" believe and argue against it. Classic :D

He has some fierce competition, but line for line he comes very close to spouting more afactual nonsense than anybody on the board. He's definitely a contender, anyway.

He has some fierce competition, but line for line he comes very close to spouting more afactual nonsense than anybody on the board. He's definitely a contender, anyway.
It's amazing how triggered some people can get about a fantasy of their own creation.

He's not even in the top 4.
You, Bradesmaen, herculez09 and lethality have him covered......

Seems willing to view issues from different perspectives without reverting to insults, unlike a lot of SRP regulars (unless I've mixed him up with a different poster?).
Thank you for the kind words, but roscreasl98 is just an easy target because he's a very poor troll.

He's still young though, I think that as he gets older he might become a good poster. I believe in him.

Mothers and Fathers days will soon be a thing of the past, do gooders will replace them with maybe a 'Free range egg day' or a 'magazine and masturbation day'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Father's Day or Special Persons Day? The case for change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back