Favorite Beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

If so, then go here instead. Much, much bigger range, and $15 shipping. I'd suggest picking 12+ different beers, it's great fun. Also get 10% discount off the individual price of the 12+.

The staff picks there are pretty good, but I'd be happy to throw my 2c in too.

Alternatively, if what you're after is a cheap carton for footy watching or whatever that doesn't taste like piss, you can't go past Coopers Pale Ale, which will probably be cheaper at Dans.
Cheers, will definitely have a look. The major thing that attracted me to Dan's was the $7 shipping per carton. The downside is if I'm getting it shipped in I have to order in a minimum of a carton of beer. Choosing a dozen or so individual ones to try sounds a bit more appealing.

Anyone tried James Squires 150 Lashes? Damn it goes down well. Good beer for summer, pretty fruity taste like a lot of Squire beers, almost tropical.

Anyone tried James Squires 150 Lashes? Damn it goes down well. Good beer for summer, pretty fruity taste like a lot of Squire beers, almost tropical.

Is that the rebadged IPA?

I like Crownies, don't mind the odd coopers (pref. red) and Samuel Adams isn't a bad drop. I'm not too picky with my beer...also enjoy budweiser on super bowl day...for it's american value not it's taste lol.

Little creatures goes alright.

Bottom line, i like to rotate and try different stuff-dislike cider greatly.

Tried Matilda Bay Alpha Pale Ale last night. Very expensive. Has a really heavy hops flavour and a sharp taste. If you like strong flavoured beers it's worth a try. It wasn't my favourite but I think I could develop a taste for it.

Nice beer... I love James Squire but this is far from there best, lacks a bit in flavour in comparison to some of their others.

Agreed.

I had the 150 for the first time last Saturday night.

Very disappointed.

I've never been much of a fan of James Squire.

New beer in the bottleshop I work in, "Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum"

Yeah I know that sounds like something already on the market, but this was packaged like regular extra dry and said 5.2%

Didn't get any today, might try it tomorrow, but I'm just hoping it isn't replacing the current 6.5% Platinums which are my favourite beer, anyone else know what is going on? Seems odd if it's a new line with the same name

Whoa, didn't realise this was a team board, thought it was a general off-topic thing. Hope my post is welcome, I started typing before I looked at the location.

Whoa, didn't realise this was a team board, thought it was a general off-topic thing. Hope my post is welcome, I started typing before I looked at the location.

Have no qualms if a Magpie brethren, albeit in inferior form from South Australia, posts on here. :p

Post away mate you're more than welcome. Platinum extra dry has been around for ages. Your bottle-o probably didn't stock it. I used to drink it probably 5 years ago I think. It's pretty much extra dry but with more alcohol content. Not bad really, nothing special, but I like drys. Has anyone else noticed how tooheys extra dry frothes really easily?

Post away mate you're more than welcome. Platinum extra dry has been around for ages. Your bottle-o probably didn't stock it. I used to drink it probably 5 years ago I think. It's pretty much extra dry but with more alcohol content. Not bad really, nothing special, but I like drys. Has anyone else noticed how tooheys extra dry frothes really easily?

Thanks, I've been a bit hesitant about it since most of Richmond tried to chase me out with pitchforks and torches, and I wasn't even trolling.

Anyhow, as long as these:
2516127342_65f8a8a8bd_o.jpg
aren't being replaces by these
298813_10150402443255429_624980428_10679813_1665550883_n.jpg
317326_10150402443455429_624980428_10679815_1817321906_n.jpg
I can sleep easy. Pictures may be a bit dark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different board different cultures I guess. You're pretty safe in the nest unless you're a complete **** head.

Thats the one btw! That black label. It was good but nothing special either. Love my drys which is why I like Japanese beers I think. Kirin and Asahi are the shit! Sapporo not bad either.

Beers have an alcohol content tax which means it might only be feasible to put out weaker alcohol content beers. I wish we could have some real heavies but dems the breaks.

Those platinums used to be heavier than that! Used to get smashed off a 6 pack when i was a young in. Can't stand anything Toohey's related anymore it's full of crap and gives you the worst hangover.

Found a new flavour of the month on GF day, James Squire nine tales amber ale. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite the circumstances. Safe to say i drank more than enough but woke up the next day in tip top shape!

Remove this Banner Ad

Favorite Beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back