Favorite Beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

seeing as this is my first post under my new name I thought I'd pick the best thread here.:thumbsu:

I've been enjoying a few pilseners lately, namely monteiths and coopers new one.

In fairness, sausages were all originally encased in actual animal intestine for a reason... All meats used to be salted and smoked for a reason...
You've become a snipey little guy lately.

With regards to sausages, all gourmet and real quality sausages are still in natural casings, unlike the plastic you get your snags from Safeway in. Meats were salted or smoked to protect from spoilage yes? Well I think that refrigeration is a more than adequate replacement for that method.
Are you implying that beer makers have developed a technique to protect from the off taste that beer acquires from being stored and transported in clear bottles? Or that the chemicals that some companies use to protect from spoilage are a desirable ingredient?

Back on topic, I went down to the cellars in St Kilda that were recommended by ausde13. Holy shit. They have 600 DIFFERENT beers. Not to mentioned the variety of ciders they stock!
I got some Kopparsberg Pear cider. It was OK. Definitely not a replacement for my beloved Mercury though. I also picked up another Swedish drop, Rekorderlig pear cider, flavoured with either berries or strawberry and lime. It is heaven in a can. So much so that I bought all of their remaining stock :D. (beware, you MUST like strawberry A LOT to enjoy this. It's not just "a hint of").
I also tried out some beers. Sierra Nevada pale ale confirmed for me my dislike of pale ale. I bought some Desperados tequila beer, thinking that it was beer + tequila. Had I read the label, I would have realised it was just tequila flavoured beer. Horrible. I tried another beer, can't remember the name of it though, it was beer with 25% fruit syrup. There were a heap of flavours, I went for the raspberry. It was interesting, my boyfriend like it a lot more than me. It was really really heavy. I liked it for about half the bottle, but it was so heavy I couldn't finish the rest. It was like eating a meal. I'll definitely be trying another flavour next time.
I have one more left from my trip down there to try, it's a Mexican beer called Pacifico. It's been an interesting summer so far!

The best IMHO is Pilsner Urquell which is the quintessential pils, but becuase it's imported from the Czech Republic, you need to try and get a relatively fresh one, because if they've been mishandled in transit or on the shelf for a while they won't be at their peak.

OK, so finally got around to knocking back a few of these...and I was a bit underwhelmed. Maybe, like you say, it wasn't at its peak, but I found it heavier than it needed to be for the amount of flavour it had, and it also had an almost sweet aftertaste which I hated.

Admittedly, pilsners aren't my favourite, but I've definitely had better. Will put on the "give it another shot" list though, as I have heard many positive reviews.

I am not really a beer drinker but this one is quite tasty............
[YOUTUBE]JfeOkTf_U8M[/YOUTUBE]
enjoy....................

Anyone in Vicco not throwing atleast one back tonight is slapping god in the face. Perfect weather for a beer.
Already had 2 crownies, 1 with dinner, and 1 while chillaxing on the couch.:):)

You are right though, perfect weather, hot, sticky night, always need something to cool you down a bit, or at least take your mind of what happened in the day.:)

Having a couple Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissbeirs - hard to say - easy to drink on a balmy Melbourne evening.

One of the world's great beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone off the beer of late. Thanks Collingwood....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
On the cider now, for a while I reckon. (besides the only beer left in the house is the CUB Grand Final slab and that's not getting opened...ever.)

Not even if Carlton get beaten by 103 points in the 2013 Grand Final?
I drank one case this year (the case in question being preserved for posterity), but in the event of a massive "pantsing" of Cartoon in a Granny I would assure you CUB would make a special release, commemorative beer issue of mammoth proportions.
A pallet of said cases would no doubt not be enough to slake my thirst while simply watching the replays.
Larger vessels for consumption would need to be invented.
This would have the added benefit of giving me the opportunity to actually "piss" Carlton.

(Luckily, while typing this I have just been told that a caring Cousin from Albury has thoughtfully put aside case for me and the missus.:D:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:)

I also bought a slab of the premiership edition carlton draught. I've had a few but the rest can remain as souveniers I think, very ordinary beer. Into little creatures pale ale right now.

I am currently in love with a NZ microbrew called epic pale ale, have to go to acland cellars to get it, or one of the trendy beer bible type bars if your out but it is a really quality beer. It's got a fair bit going on.

I also bought a slab of the premiership edition carlton draught. I've had a few but the rest can remain as souveniers I think, very ordinary beer. Into little creatures pale ale right now.

LOL. I just gave a case of Little Creatures to my retired neighbour. My Brother-in-law left it in my fridge down the coast as a thankyou.
I had one it was like petrol!

I'm not a beer aficionado. I like beer but it's just beer to me. Like it just like beer.
Scotch...then we can argue.

Drambui!!!!...can't touch this....dah dah dah dah....dah dunt! dah dunt!... can't touch this....:D

LOL. I just gave a case of Little Creatures to my retired neighbour. My Brother-in-law left it in my fridge down the coast as a thankyou.
I had one it was like petrol!

I'm not a beer aficionado. I like beer but it's just beer to me. Like it just like beer.
Scotch...then we can argue.

Drambui!!!!...can't touch this....dah dah dah dah....dah dunt! dah dunt!... can't touch this....:D

Little creatures bright or pale ale. The pale is superb the bright is horrid.

Little creatures bright or pale ale. The pale is superb the bright is horrid.
Honestly cant say I looked once the first sip passed the lips.

What's with the recent increase in cider drinking around? Disgusting.

Nothing wrong with a good cider. As long as they're not drinking 5 seeds and trying to tell me how good it is, play on.

I've noticed a few places in the city now have Bulmers on tap, and I for one couldn't be happier.

Honestly never been able to enjoy cider. I've noticed more and more people turning to it though, a few beer loving mates of mine have converted out a nowhere. This Rekorderlig berry cider that's become all the rage makes me cringe, personally. Nothing against drinkers of it at all, but the fact beer drinkers are outnumbered by cider drinkers often at pubs now surprises me. It can never match up to a cold pint of beer for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Favorite Beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back