Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stella's for me. The real imported ones are fantastic imo. But if i want to mix it up and put some lime in it or similar then I use corona's. Corona's have a good rep with kids my age. Dunno what the fuss is about, but theres no denying coronas with lime are awesome

dear god.. this thread is full of fudgepackers.. how can you not like crown lager, coldies etc... they sure as hell taste better than all that "imported" foreign stuff that tastes like soda water mixed with off date fruit.. harden up the lot of ya!

also.. corona's are quality and for all you people saying they are girls drinks look at the sh*t you are drinking seriously.. i'd rather be seen with a bacardi in hand than a pure blonde or premium pale ale and all that sh*t

haha (sound like a real bluey bogan there, believe me i'm far from it.. but i just can't believe some of the stuff people are saying in here:D)

dear god.. this thread is full of fudgepackers.. how can you not like crown lager, coldies etc... they sure as hell taste better than all that "imported" foreign stuff that tastes like soda water mixed with off date fruit.. harden up the lot of ya!

because those beers are bland and poor beers marketed to the widest possible audience. You have well and truly been sucked in by advertisements and hype if you truly think those beers are superior to some imports or micro brews. Perhaps you just haven't expanded enough

Sure it's an issue of subjectivity but I'd like to see you find genuine critics who would support your view

I probably like pure blondes cos i dont like beer. I dont know why i entered this thread in the 1st place. Im leaving and never coming back.

also.. corona's are quality and for all you people saying they are girls drinks look at the sh*t you are drinking seriously.. i'd rather be seen with a bacardi in hand than a pure blonde or premium pale ale and all that sh*t

haha (sound like a real bluey bogan there, believe me i'm far from it.. but i just can't believe some of the stuff people are saying in here:D)

Sorry if some of us don't like beer that tastes like it's come straight from your toilet :rolleyes:

So you pay out imported beer, then you call corona quality, hows that work?

The mass produced Aussie beers are terrible, especially a lot of the CUB stuff.

However when your out you don't have much choice, so i'll generally take Carlton Draught. Although, Coopers Pale Ale is a sensational drop, a tad pricey when your out, but worth the extra.

There are people on this board that are extremely knowledgeable on Beer ie TDM. Take some of their advice and check out the beers they recommend. Go to Dan Murphys and look at the imported beers. Once you try some quality Australian/imported beers you will never ever go back.

The extra quality and price is worth every extra cent you pay.

Go through phases

At the moment my favourite beers are Asahi and Peroni. Asahi is expensive, Peroni less so.

For everyday quaffing beers I have been drinking quite a bit of Coopers Lager lately. Have been a bit off the Pale Ale as I have been drinking it on a consistent basis for well over 15 years I have become a little tired of it.

Always find it funny though how interstate Coopers is treated as a premium beer and is considered expensive, whereas here, it's pretty much the local stock standard brew. I guess it's probably the same in Tassie with Cascade and Boags?

So you pay out imported beer, then you call corona quality, hows that work?.
i was generalizing! i don't mind some "imported" stuff but that fruity, ale tasting stuff just doesn't do it for me..

The mass produced Aussie beers are terrible, especially a lot of the CUB stuff.
don't know if you are aware or not but all these "imported" beers are produced by CUB and Fosters in Australia, yep thats right folks! go have heineken and becks etc oversea's and taste the difference.. the aussie brewers basically have obtained a licence from the original companies and brew it themselves.. so your not really getting a "foreign made" beer... the extra expenses involved isn't from importing, but thats their excuse to make the extra bucks!! 99% of the Beer you drink in Australia is made in Australia.

However when your out you don't have much choice, so i'll generally take Carlton Draught. Although, Coopers Pale Ale is a sensational drop, a tad pricey when your out, but worth the extra.
well at least we agree on one thing:D

There are people on this board that are extremely knowledgeable on Beer ie TDM. Take some of their advice and check out the beers they recommend. Go to Dan Murphys and look at the imported beers. Once you try some quality Australian/imported beers you will never ever go back.

The extra quality and price is worth every extra cent you pay.

i may just do that..

don't know if you are aware or not but all these "imported" beers are produced by CUB and Fosters in Australia, yep thats right folks! go have heineken and becks etc oversea's and taste the difference.. the aussie brewers basically have obtained a licence from the original companies and brew it themselves.. so your not really getting a "foreign made" beer... the extra expenses involved isn't from importing, but thats their excuse to make the extra bucks!! 99% of the Beer you drink in Australia is made in Australia.
Only a few of the popular foreign beers are licensed and produced in Australia. Heineken, Becks, Guiness and maybe a couple of others are produced locally but the majority of foreign beers available are actually imported. Usually they'll have a little sticker on the side of the bottle telling you who imported it.

And Corona is as "fruity" as beer gets. It literally has a piece of fruit in it.

Zywiec/Okocim
OMFG I love you.

I generally have been sticking to 5 stable beers at the moment. The aforementioned Zywiec and Okocim, my favourite Polish beers, and then the Bohemians of Pilsner Urquell, Budweiser and Staropramen. I have also been to the breweries of Okocim, Pilsner Urquell in Plzen, and Staropramen in Prague. Awesome places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are beer snobs more pretentious than wine snobs?

Not being either I don't know but I like to drink them both.

In fact you have inspired me to do a favourite wine thread

Yeah, and its disgusting. Seriously the quality between the proper import and the brewed under license is huge.

Anyone got love for Mountain Goat?

Love getting on the Pale Ale, their Hightail Ale is pretty popular aswell, and I havent met someone that doesnt like it. Defently worth a shot. I tried it because I found out it was brewed in Melbourne and it was a Microbrew, but tasted their Pale Ale and it's gold. Anyone that like's Coopers Pale should give it a shot.

Little Creatures isn't a bad drop aswell. :thumbsu:

Anyone got love for Mountain Goat?

Love getting on the Pale Ale, their Hightail Ale is pretty popular aswell, and I havent met someone that doesnt like it. Defently worth a shot. I tried it because I found out it was brewed in Melbourne and it was a Microbrew, but tasted their Pale Ale and it's gold. Anyone that like's Coopers Pale should give it a shot.

Little Creatures isn't a bad drop aswell. :thumbsu:

Oh there's love for the Goat...:thumbsu:

I'm a big fan of the Hightail (Red?) - tastes just like Caramel out of the tap, and the IPA (Green label) is a beauty too. Haven't had the Pale for a while, so it sounds like time to be reacquainted with an old friend...

The man who mentioned peperjack is onto something, a lovely dinner beer. For the cheap stuff i Carlton Draught i find goes down quite nice. A little bit more expensive but a very easy be to drink large amounts of is Hahn Superdry (i dont drink it because its low carb). For the odd occasion Asahi, Stella, and Kronenbourg 1664.

My favorite beer of all time was James Squire hop theif but i cant find it anywhere(if anyone knows where please pass it on)

And VB tastes like horrible piss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back