Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So why do beer afficionado's have such issues with what other people drink??? The thread name is 'Favourite beer' not 'Critique other peoples favourite beers'...

Good call!

In line with that I had Roof Top lager for the first time in ages & it is still a ripper beer.

Also had some Beez Neez & Little Creatures, they are also great but RTL took the prize.

All depends on how much I feel like spending.

If I want to pay $50+ First choice would have to go to James Squire pilsner or some of the chezk pilsners.

$40+ I tend to go for coopers pale ale or hahn premium

Under $40 tooheys new or old.

Pilsner Urquell (if that's how you spell it...). Top stuff, as far as a local beer goes, I love the Coopers beers (aside from the stout).

Because for people like me, rating the usual **** beers as world class is like comparing Shane Woewoedin with Leigh Matthews.
And where have people said their favourite is world class? Repeat, the thread is 'Favourite beers' not 'Worlds best beers'..

Sol, and it's pretty cheap too.

Does this statement really sound to you like they are saying its the best in the world? (You seemed to take offence that he liked the beer, just saying)

Only one person in this thread has said anything like 'Aussie beers and Corona's etc are better than the worlds best' and Bourky is just that sorta bloke.. Thats his favourite beer and he feels he has to exclaim it the way he did.. .Doesn't mean you have to go through everyone's favourites and act like you are the God of a good drop ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And where have people said their favourite is world class? Repeat, the thread is 'Favourite beers' not 'Worlds best beers'..

Does this statement really sound to you like they are saying its the best in the world? (You seemed to take offence that he liked the beer, just saying)

Only one person in this thread has said anything like 'Aussie beers and Corona's etc are better than the worlds best' and Bourky is just that sorta bloke.. Thats his favourite beer and he feels he has to exclaim it the way he did.. .Doesn't mean you have to go through everyone's favourites and act like you are the God of a good drop ;)

Thats all well and good, except I AM the god of a good drop lol. I'd hasten to say i've tried more beers from around the world in my day than the rest of the posters on this board combined :D

Thats all well and good, except I AM the god of a good drop lol. I'd hasten to say i've tried more beers from around the world in my day than the rest of the posters on this board combined :D
lol :D

Don't be so quick to make such a call ;)

Strewth big call you'd be struggling there i reckon.:) Just me alone, in my day i backpacked through over 60 countries (i swear no bullsh-t) and used to make trips to new countries on the basis that i hadn't drunk their beers yet.:thumbsu:

Got no idea how many beers i've tried but it'd be in the many 100's i reckon easy. I'd be surprised if you'd tried more than me let alone all the other ones i've missed that other posters here have tried. I mean there's heaps i have forgotten, especially through sth america, and many of the beers in czech or germany are brewed by local breweries that dont distribute outside of that particular town. How could you possibly remember them all?

lol exactly, you cant'... I reckon I have tried about 70-90 different beers (Not counting what Americans would call beer lol)... Not saying I drink them consistently, but I have tried a fair few (And by tried I mean about 3 minimum) Small glasses, not steins... So maybe one or two actual cans or bottles of the stuff...

lol exactly, you cant'... I reckon I have tried about 70-90 different beers (Not counting what Americans would call beer lol)... Not saying I drink them consistently, but I have tried a fair few (And by tried I mean about 3-6 minimum)
Oh there'd be plenty that i only had 1 glass of didn't like and didnt try again. Might be cheating but I'd count those in my list.;)

Jupiler.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Oz it can be bought?

My home beer, how I miss it!!

You can't get it here because Inbev, the evil beer company, doesn't want to export it as it would only take over a part of Stella's market share. Stella, that is only really popular in a small part of Belgium (the area where it's brewed), was promoted overseas only because it had a "classier" label.

An interesting fact is that apparently Jupiler and Stella have 100% the same ingredients. The only difference is that they contain water from different sources, which of course explains why foreign beers brewed in Australia are different from their originals.

Here's an interesting list - http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers.php

Strewth big call you'd be struggling there i reckon.:) Just me alone, in my day i backpacked through over 60 countries (i swear no bullsh-t) and used to make trips to new countries on the basis that i hadn't drunk their beers yet.:thumbsu:

Got no idea how many beers i've tried but it'd be in the many 100's i reckon easy. I'd be surprised if you'd tried more than me let alone all the other ones i've missed that other posters here have tried. I mean there's heaps i have forgotten, especially through sth america, and many of the beers in czech or germany are brewed by local breweries that dont distribute outside of that particular town. How could you possibly remember them all?

If you've tried over 3000 different beers, then you've definitely got me covered :D

lol exactly, you cant'... I reckon I have tried about 70-90 different beers (Not counting what Americans would call beer lol)... Not saying I drink them consistently, but I have tried a fair few (And by tried I mean about 3 minimum) Small glasses, not steins... So maybe one or two actual cans or bottles of the stuff...

Just so you know, I keep records and tasting notes on pretty much every beer i've tried. I don't make these claims frivolously :thumbsu:

My home beer, how I miss it!!

You can't get it here because Inbev, the evil beer company, doesn't want to export it as it would only take over a part of Stella's market share. Stella, that is only really popular in a small part of Belgium (the area where it's brewed), was promoted overseas only because it had a "classier" label.

An interesting fact is that apparently Jupiler and Stella have 100% the same ingredients. The only difference is that they contain water from different sources, which of course explains why foreign beers brewed in Australia are different from their originals.

Here's an interesting list - http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers.php

How stupid of them, it wouldn't take market share from Stella at all, I don't (and won't) drink Stella, it's not that good. If I could get Jupiler here it is all I'd drink. :thumbsu:

If you've tried over 3000 different beers, then you've definitely got me covered :D
Jeez how old are you? 3000 beers is 1 different beer every day for 9 years, nobody drinks 1 different beer every day for 9 years you'd probably at best be able to squeeze in drinking 5 days a week for such a long period of time so that'd push it out to 12 years give or take. Then there's the fact you'd need to have travelled all over the place and i do mean all over the bloody place in order to have even been exposed to 3000 different beers. I think you're looking at 25-30years of drinking to get to that number and that's with extensive travel. That'd make you mid 40's at best. Are you sure you dont mean you've drunk 3000 beers? Not 3000 different beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back