Society/Culture Feminism - Pt III

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by the low level of retweets and likes she gets, most do ignore her. BF is one of her main promotional platforms. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I'd never heard of her before this thread.
I think you downplay her reach. She has a large audience and has been on many platforms over quite a while. But, like many issue motivated groups / people, their reach can appear somewhat isolated if you have no interest in it.

Going by the low level of retweets and likes she gets, most do ignore her. BF is one of her main promotional platforms. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I'd never heard of her before this thread.

I think most educated people have heard of her. She has been spewing this type of vitriol for years and quite often on high profile platforms (besides Twitter). What amazes me is that she gets public funding - that's what is the most offensive thing about all this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it does happen to a lot of people in the public eye i guess. You don't really need to resort to that with her though, there are plenty of angles to criticise her on.

If someone's going to criticise Clem I'd say her views give plenty of ammunition, no need to resort to below the belt attacks on something a person really can't control all that much.

Clem is a troll. It's part of her grift, and good luck to her for it. By now, people should realise this and just ignore the BS.
You are spot on, she is a troll. But she also has a large following and with that, many people who take her words seriously leading to even more hatred. If a prominent male had similar views to hers but about women instead, that man would be banned from Twitter, publicly shamed, fired from his job and probably struggle to find work going forward. As it stands, despite her appalling tweet, Clem will still be receiving grants from the Melbourne City Council and will be free to continue spreading hatred towards men online.

The double standards need to stop.

If a prominent male had similar views to hers but about women instead, that man would be banned from Twitter, publicly shamed, fired from his job and probably struggle to find work going forward. As it stands, despite her appalling tweet, Clem will still be receiving grants from the Melbourne City Council and will be free to continue spreading hatred towards men online.

I'd love to see an example of this from a man who made a sexist joke.

You are spot on, she is a troll. But she also has a large following and with that, many people who take her words seriously leading to even more hatred. If a prominent male had similar views to hers but about women instead, that man would be banned from Twitter, publicly shamed, fired from his job and probably struggle to find work going forward. As it stands, despite her appalling tweet, Clem will still be receiving grants from the Melbourne City Council and will be free to continue spreading hatred towards men online.

I agree that what she said was ridiculous. Probably the worst thing I've seen her tweet due to the circumstances.

However, she's no lone Ranger from either side of politics when it comes to saying dumb shit. And regardless of who it is, I hate mobbings and this who want to ruin people's lives for saying the wrong thing.

I think that you can take one of two perspectives on this - either play the "it's unfair" card and cry hypocrisy, or hold this up as an example of why wrongthink or past faux pas shouldn't be a reason to "cancel" someone, regardless of their political stance.

Have a look at that idiot woman who called the cops on the black guy in New York the other day. The response to that the sort of stuff is absolutely not what our society needs.

I'd love to see an example of this from a man who made a sexist joke.

This isn't sexist but is similar I guess, though ol' Clem was joking about people dying, this bloke joked about a Star Wars character. He got suspended for 7 days apparently.

This isn't sexist but is similar I guess, though ol' Clem was joking about people dying, this bloke joked about a Star Wars character. He got suspended for 7 days apparently.

We live in a clown world.

She is ACOAT but I'm pretty sure previous comments of hers led to her sacking from the SMH / Age. Social media is about all the pig has left.

She is ACOAT but I'm pretty sure previous comments of hers led to her sacking from the SMH / Age. Social media is about all the pig has left.
You might be right, although she was most likely made redundant at a time where there were serious layoffs from Fairfax publications.

Also like I said before, she's still likely to receive grants from the Melbourne City Council.

She got the arse (or "resigned") for calling the PM a ****ing disgrace on her Twitter account.

You might be right, although she was most likely made redundant at a time where there were serious layoffs from Fairfax publications.

Also like I said before, she's still likely to receive grants from the Melbourne City Council.

She has currently received a grant from the MCC along with her mutt mate Catherine Deveny.

She's pissed a lot of people of in the media, and that grant wouldn't go too far.

I dare say if she keeps this up she will be strapped for cash in the coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Feminism - Pt III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back