Ferg watts is playing for you guys this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed watching him play for the Eagles, seems to have good skills and a fair degree of agression , even argoance, which is something the Crows have lacked up forward for a long time. I hope he does himself proud... that being said he will probably get stuck at fullback (Just kidding , I hope)

Originally posted by dA Crow
Enjoyed watching him play for the Eagles, seems to have good skills and a fair degree of agression , even argoance, which is something the Crows have lacked up forward for a long time. I hope he does himself proud... that being said he will probably get stuck at fullback (Just kidding , I hope)
For a footballer yet to have a kick in the AFL, hes had rave reviews and big predictions.

At last we'll get a chance (us out of towners) to see what all the fuss is about.

Best of luck to him, and heres hoping he puts in a showstopper.

After playing junior footy with fergus down at east sandringham for 4 years, hope he has a fantastic debut game, really looking forward to seeing how he copes with the increased pace.

It's going to be fun watching another blonde haired number 6 running around up forward trying to take mark of the year.

Good luck to the kid.

Should be a franchise player for the Crows, but he's no Nick Smith.;)

I will be interested to see how Watts progresses over the next few years as I rate him pretty highly.

My prediction for his debut : 8 possies, 7 marks, 2 goals.

Originally posted by dees_best

I would be wrapped with those stats for a first game!

If he gets 7 marks you can expect his picture on the back page of the tiser.

I've been waiting for his debut for a while and suddenly, I'm excited about the weekend!

Fergus is a top bloke, no ego about him at all, and his consistent performances in the SANFL have warranted his call up to the side.

You can't expect too much from a young lad making his first senior appearance and it'll take him some time to make a real consistent impact, but I think if any youngster can handle the mental challenge of the AFL, it's Fergie. As mentioned he's got a bit of aggression, mongrel, loves the contest and whatever he lacks physically and in terms of experience he'll make up for in effort and natural talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it pretty optimistic for the kid.

But if Cameron Cloke can do that each week, then I'm sure most half decent young KPP's can too;)

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl
not to mention he is a complete spunk! go Fergie!!!!

k
xx
Wasn't it you that said about a year ago when I suggested he would be a great get that you said you would p|ss yourself laughing every time he played because you found Fergus to be a funny name??????:p:):D

Originally posted by dees_best
Should be a franchise player for the Crows, but he's no Nick Smith.;)
You are completely right. He is no Nick Smith, he is better ;):p

If thats his stat line at the end of the game I would be stoked. That would be pretty good debut for 18 year old key forward.

I am expecting more along the lines of 5 possies, 2 marks and a goal along with a bit of push and shove off the ball ;)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
2 great reasons for everyone to turn up - farewell the old champ in Smarty & welcome in the new young gun in Fergus. Best of luck to Watts for his debut! :cool:
Got my family pass at the west lakes chemist earlier today for those reasons. I want my son to come (in 8 years time he can claim he was there for ferg's 1st)
Weather looks pretty crappy though 15 and possible hail.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
2 great reasons for everyone to turn up - farewell the old champ in Smarty & welcome in the new young gun in Fergus. Best of luck to Watts for his debut! :cool:

I'll be there with bells on Kane to farewell the old and welcome the new.

Many thanks to Nigel for all those years of pleasure he's given us with his dashing performances.

And good luck to young Fergus. I'll be ecstatic if he ends up having as didtinguished a career as Nigel.

Weather on sunday wont be too bad, odd shower around pretty chilly but nothing like we will get tonight and at first tomorrow.

Hope he has a great debut, be great to see the #6 flying high again.

Im expecting stats like 4 kicks 3 handballs 4 marks 1 goal 1 or something like that.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Wasn't it you that said about a year ago when I suggested he would be a great get that you said you would p|ss yourself laughing every time he played because you found Fergus to be a funny name??????:p:):D

LOL you got me Stiffy! Yes I did say that Fergus was a silly name, and actually I still do.....but what I didn't know was that he was soooo cute! He has turned me - I love Fergie now!

k
xx

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferg watts is playing for you guys this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back