Ferret Head Brings Bay 13 to the Advertiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought ... if it is the Rooch, isn't it ironic that Big Footy could finish him off. I reckon a print-out of his posts to the head honcho at The Advertiser would require a fair bit of explaining. I'm sure the Crows also would like to go back through some of his vitriol.

Just a thought ... if it is the Rooch, isn't it ironic that Big Footy could finish him off. I reckon a print-out of his posts to the head honcho at The Advertiser would require a fair bit of explaining. I'm sure the Crows also would like to go back through some of his vitriol.

Glad you said "if" because we are having great fun getting you girls worked up

Well it doesnt really matter who you are but why bother pretending you are a hawthorn supporter in the first place. A bit weird me thinks.:confused:

Why wouldnt you just go along with it and pretend you are rooch instead of denying it. If you go to to limits of pretending to be a hawthorn supporter I would think you would love people to think you are rooch.

If i called a poster on the adelaide board 'ferret head' Mad Dog would be on me like a ton of bricks and yet u can get away with it,why?

Well it doesnt really matter who you are but why bother pretending you are a hawthorn supporter in the first place. A bit weird me thinks.:confused:

i am a hawthorn man.
and i am having fun here

Why wouldnt you just go along with it and pretend you are rooch instead of denying it. If you go to to limits of pretending to be a hawthorn supporter I would think you would love people to think you are rooch.

lots of fun

Lies, damn lies and statistics, huh?

2007, 5 games, average 27830
2006, 11 games, average 27230

However - take out the home showdown from both years (it's the biggest crowd of the season, and distorts this years figures considerably):

2007, 4 games, average 25547
2006, 10 games, average 25798

Port is going to have to average 26730 (i.e. nearly 1200 more than they are getting for every non-showdown week) for the rest of the year in order to match last years attendances.

Port is on track to have a lower attendance than last year, and could well be one or two wet weekend away from an all time record low.

And for those keeping score on Port attendances (yoo-hoo - portly!!)

2007 - 6 games, average 27107 (now down on 2006 figures)

My partner tells me in her younger days (in the 90's) in the club scene around Adelaide, old ugly ferret head would be out clubbing, pissed of his head, thinking he was gods' gift trying to pick up. I thought she just felt sorry for the 'rooch but apparently these memories still have her waking up in a cold sweat when she remembers the pick up line he used on her. I wonder if I should write it in a letter addressed to 'the roast'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any mental health workers know what is the name for someone like ferret Head, who knowing he is doing something wrong (like the Scotty Thompson counter) trying to make it good by turning it into some sort of charity fund raising scheme? Not sadism, but I'm sure there is a mental disease that classifies this behaviour.

Once again below todays Roast , Michaelangelo shows that there is a good reporter/opinion piece writer in there somewhere.

Rooch, I know you drop by, so let me say I agreed and enjoyed the article on the high moral ground taken by some journos :thumbsu:

Link thingy

A LEADING AFL club official in this town has long regarded the Australian football media as a "leech". His view has not changed, even with the $860 million in media rights underwriting his highly paid job in the next five years.

He will be on the high moral ground now. He will consider the AFL's media has shot itself in the foot with the latest drug scandal launched on Friday by Channel 7 in Melbourne reporting on the illicit drug use at an AFL club.

But all this latest saga has proven is the AFL, its clubs and the AFL Players' Association have lost perspective.

They have failed to listen to one underlying concern of its most important stakeholder, the fans: They want a game clean of drugs. All drugs.

If there has to be some pain along the way to this goal - rather than cover-ups - so be it. There are a series of moral questions and dilemmas that need to be posed this week.

IF The Advertiser today is offered a set of documents showing an AFL club is making rule-breaking payments to its players in breach of its salary cap, what do we do with them?

Send them to the AFL?

Send them to the club involved? Expose the rort, even if the documents are private tax and banking papers between the club and its players?

When French newspaper L'Equipe was handed leaked documents from European drug labs - exposing the drug cheating in the Tour de France - should it have sent them back or published the details they contain?

IF, as AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou says, the best way to treat AFL's illicit-drug users is to give them rehabilitation with privacy, what do we make of Brownlow Medallist Ben Cousins?

The West Coast midfielder was chased by the media all the way to his rehabilitation clinic in the U.S. Now that Cousins has made it back to playing, is he the exception to the rule - or the example that proves the rule wrong?

WHEN Adelaide and Collingwood players refuse to speak to Channel 7 on Friday night, before, during and after their match at the Telstra Dome, who will they be hurting?

Seven will have Dennis, Bruce, David and Timmy chat a little longer. The ratings will hinge on the match - one that shapes the final eight - rather than anything Brett Burton or Nathan Buckley has to say at the end of the match.

The only losers will be the Crows and Magpie fans back at home who would rather hear from the Birdman than Bruce (no offence, Bruce). At least St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt has worked this out.

IF the AFL, its clubs, the players and their union are opposed to the use of drugs in sport, why have they not developed a public campaign to support the fight against drug use in society?

They might not want to be role models but the fact is they are. And they should use that honour to fight against drug use in society.

It has been fascinating to watch the fall-out of Channel 7's drug report since Friday.

The heat is on Seven.

Yet there are thousands of football fans - and even high-ranking football officials and star players - who want to know the names of the seven players identified in the papers Seven bought for the basis of its report. They condemn Seven - but not themselves for their curiosity.

There are football commentators who on Saturday said they would have done just as Seven did - and now, after seeing the fall-out, have backtracked to declare they would have protected the privacy of the players.

They condemn Seven - but not the drug users.

The central issue - the growing, rather than diminishing, use of drugs among AFL footballers - is being smoke-screened by the backlash against Seven.

Meanwhile, what do we do with these papers that reveal how an AFL premiership was won by salary cap rorting?

Send them back - or expose the club that cheated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferret Head Brings Bay 13 to the Advertiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back