Fevola on the cheap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
If he were to get fired by the lions, after a year off... Who would consider taking him in a small cousins style contract? (short and small - or maybe a Blair style contract would be a more apt term)

Just a hypothetical of course because he probaby won't get sacked

Lulz. :thumbsu:
Does this look like a face that would E-V-E-R allow it? :eek:

263071-eddie-mcguire-collingwood.jpg

The upside is realistically not that big, with a lower probabilty; the downside is much greater, with a much higher probability.

Starting to feel very sorry for Fev now, if he does get cut, he could go into a very dangerous spiral.

I hope the Lions give him one last chance, but you'd almost need to have a 24 hr chaperone assigned to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he were to get fired by the lions, after a year off... Who would consider taking him in a small cousins style contract? (short and small - or maybe a Blair style contract would be a more apt term)

Just a hypothetical of course because he probaby won't get sacked
God, no! The guy is a complete idiot! He never learns from his mistakes and is constantly in trouble. And if he did somehow stop getting into trouble, he is still near the end of his career, and would keep one of our younger guys out of the side, which would delay their development.

In short, never in any circumstances would I want him at our club.:thumbsdown:

God NOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

If reports are correct he willfully evaded club appointed minders in his quest for cheap thrills.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fevola-eluded-minders-to-find-trouble-20110103-19dtu.html

The guy is poison to any club who takes him on

KEEP AWAY!!!!

Reading the Age link, you'd bet that Lions will be trying to get the AFL to deregister him, saving them from paying out $1.8m on the final two years of his contract, should they want to sack him.

There's a good reason why Brisbane were trying to sack him after the alleged flashing of the lady a few months ago. If Fev got sacked and didn't play for a year, he'd be 31 going into 2012, so you'd get maybe a max of 3 years out of him. The biggest problem is you just wouldn't want him around any of the other players off the field. I wouldn't even want him at the club as an overaged rookie.

I was stupid enough to suggest we go after Fevola last year when the Blues wanted to offload him, instead of chasing Jolly.

I now apologise for that notion, and am glad that we will never see Fev in the Black and White.

Therefore the answer is a definite no!

I'm a Fev fan and wouldn't close the door completely on him- particularly as we will be in premiership mode but it won't happen simply because we don't need him anymore.

Too big a risk with his poor attitude and not even taking into account his nocturnal activities.

Only way we would consider it would be if *touch wood* we lose trav to GWS and Dawes does his knee at the end of the season. Even in this terrible worst case it is unlikely though

To be fair, if I had "appointed minders" I'd probably want to evade them too.
:D Understand and agree :D

He however owes the club big time for giving him a second chance and this isn't the way to repay the club.

The point I'm trying to make is he is totally irresponsible when he must know the press is gunning for him. He has a drinking and gambling problem and he obviously - by his very actions - refuses to take any responsibilities for his actions.

I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near our younger players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola on the cheap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back