Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fev may be headed to Sydney according to Caro

oh yeah...............................keep him the hell away from our club & players! Even Roos won't be able to turn sh.t into gold when it comes to this bloke!

Re: Fevola to become a Swan - ROK and Everitt to become Blues!

The Cats and Eagles are good examples.

Brisbane and Hawthorn possibly the worst two you could select.

Both had crazy talent in their forward lines.

Hawthorn had Franklin, Roughead, Williams, Rioli, Brown, Osborne etc. to choose from.

Possibly one of the most complete and dangerous forward lines I had ever seen when on song. Ditto Brisbane.

Looking at all the threads on the demise of this years Coleman medalist and doing a bit of digging myself, it seems almost a monty that the Carlton #25 will be playing in the Red & White of the Swans next year.
Paul Roos is keeping his details close to his chest and Carlton will not make a statement until Wednesday afternoon, but from what I have been told Carlton will approach Sydney with an offer of Fevola in exchange fo ROK (who was very keen to join last season) + Sydney's second round draft selection.

Carlton will then use its second round selection from the Swans as a trade to the Dogs for Everitt, who has requested a move from Whitten Oval.

End of the day:

Swans get Fevola
Carlton gets ROK and Everitt
Dogs get Sydney's second round selection.

Got to love the trade period and this years will be fantastic!

i love this bit!! :D by reading a whole heap of invented and/or speculative internet threads, you've synthesized an over-arching scenario? :) . oustanding work there/ LOL.

No $#@%heads

I can't think of a more prime example then Fevola. He will be staying with Carlton and if not he will be sold cheap because he is damaged goods. He is a good individual but does not make a good team member.

The Cats and Eagles are good examples.

Brisbane and Hawthorn possibly the worst two you could select.

Both had crazy talent in their forward lines.

Hawthorn had Franklin, Roughead, Williams, Rioli, Brown, Osborne etc. to choose from.

Possibly one of the most complete and dangerous forward lines I had ever seen when on song. Ditto Brisbane.

I agree that they had very dangerous forward lines, but my point was that they didnt rely on one major goal kicking forward...
They all had multiple threats which is why they were so dangerous:thumbsu:

i love this bit!! :D by reading a whole heap of invented and/or speculative internet threads, you've synthesized an over-arching scenario? :) . oustanding work there/ LOL.

I read all the threads, but also called a couple of mates from within the club who gave me their info and opinions on the matter.
Without their input this thread would not have been posted.

Just had a text message from a mate who is currently at the Carlton B&F - talk at the function is that Carlton will ask for 2 x top 10 picks or a top 10 plus a young Gun.

Yes, the Carlton B&F will give you a realistic appraisal of their plans...:rolleyes:

I'd be wrapped with a Fev - O'Keefe trade. IMO, if Waite can add 5-10kg muscle to his current frame, he potentially could be the next Fraser Gehrig playing out of Full-Forward. Throw O'Keefe in as 2nd key forward & Kreuzer, Betts & Yarran as other goal-kickers, I reckon we'd be much better off via trading Fev whilst he still has some value. He's out-stayed his welcome after the Borownlow debacle.

Looking at all the threads on the demise of this years Coleman medalist and doing a bit of digging myself, it seems almost a monty that the Carlton #25 will be playing in the Red & White of the Swans next year.

Paul Roos is keeping his details close to his chest and Carlton will not make a statement until Wednesday afternoon, but from what I have been told Carlton will approach Sydney with an offer of Fevola in exchange fo ROK (who was very keen to join last season) + Sydney's second round draft selection.

Carlton will then use its second round selection from the Swans as a trade to the Dogs for Everitt, who has requested a move from Whitten Oval.

End of the day:

Swans get Fevola
Carlton gets ROK and Everitt
Dogs get Sydney's second round selection.
To be followed up with deals for McKinley from WCE and maybe Tarrant from Freo.

Just had a text message from a mate who is currently at the Carlton B&F - talk at the function is that Carlton will ask for 2 x top 10 picks or a top 10 plus a young Gun.
For example PA first pick plus boak (this is just an example).
If nobody bites then Carlton say we tried to offload him but no takers.
fev gets a harsh warning and his contract is re-done. Also talk that Carlton will also demote him to the Bullants for at least 5 matches (from round 1 next year) and will bar him from doing any Media work again(this will be non-negotiable).

Oddly this mirrors my gut feeling (based on watching Ratten and Judds comments, his non attendance at the B&F arguably at the clubs behest, the delaying of 'talks' till just prior to trade week etc) as well.

Be surprised if they demote him to the Bullants for 5 matches, but his temamates have lost confidence, a stern example needs to be set.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage 'The ones who come out on top are the ones who have been trained in the hardest school'

Blues will shop Fev around. Stick a massive price on his head, and teams will not meet the Blues demands.

Blues teach Fev a lesson, show their supporters that they are serious (when they were not) about trading him, but don't want to do it at the expense of the CFC.

Fev kicks between 80-90 goals in 2010. Blues make finals, everyone will forget that the Brownlow affair every happened.........

Until the next incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has asked for a trade and Blues are interested...FACT

It has been reported he's asked for a trade. The WBFC and Everitt are yet to formally sit down. In any case, he's under contract for two more seasons.

If he's traded, it'll take a Top 20 pick.

We won't be "handing" him over to you simply because you're "interested".

Paul Roos on TEN news said it was "Unlikely, as we're looking other players like Seaby".

That's him merely trying to douse speculation.
Sydney are one of the few clubs presently with the room in their salary cap to trade for more than one $$$ player in trade week. So they could do Seaby, Fevola, and a bit more, if they wanted.

I doubt they will though.

It has been reported he's asked for a trade. The WBFC and Everitt are yet to formally sit down. In any case, he's under contract for two more seasons.

What I am suggesting is that Carlton give the Dogs Sydneys second round pick which i am fiarly certain is pick #23 for Everitt.

Will probably be done on the last day of the trade period after bullshit talks all week.

But it will happen.

Also Congrats Juddy On Another Carlton B & F Tonight!

its all just an act, carlton will not let fev go, if it wasnt for him they wouldnt have made the finals

I think Carlton are just trying to decieve Sydney into giving up Henry Playfair

Agreed.

He was pick 11 in a much better draft, and the Doggies would be stupid to let him go for pick 23 - there'd be plenty of clubs who would offer far more (I hope Essendon would, for one) and because he's contracted, they can, and will, play hard ball.

Edit: Rubbish thread, by the way.

Look back at Premiership sides over the years and you will find that those with elite midfields and not forwards are those that win flags.....

Geelong: Ablett, Bartell, Corey, Selwood, Ling etc
Hawks: Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge
Lions: Voss, Akermanis, Black, Lappin

The list goes on....
As we whitnessed on Saturday, having a dominant forward does not promise you the riches and spoils of winning a flag.

couldn't agree more. getting rid of fev is the best thing carlton can do. get okeefe from syd or a quality player from elsewhere in, and restructure the forward line. far too predictable at the moment and the current setup will get the blues nowhere in finals against quality units. a forward line built around kreuzer at CHF should be constructed from next year to take them forward

best thing the blues could do is trade fev to the dogs for lake. a key defender like lake should be their no.1 priority

everitt has asked don't worry about that. no chance he will be at whitten oval next year

Blues will shop Fev around. Stick a massive price on his head, and teams will not meet the Blues demands.

Blues teach Fev a lesson, show their supporters that they are serious (when they were not) about trading him, but don't want to do it at the expense of the CFC.

Fev kicks between 80-90 goals in 2010. Blues make finals, everyone will forget that the Brownlow affair every happened.........

Until the next incident.

thats about the gist of it

Paul Roos on TEN news said it was "Unlikely, as we're looking other players like Seaby".

I doubt very much that this is a direct quote from Roos. There's no "at" between looking and other.

I love all these "one dimensional forward line" comments. Are you people forgetting that Waite drifted forward alot and was damaging, before he was injured? Add to this the fact that Warnock should be in our best 22 next year, thus freeing Kruezer to go forward as well?

People also seem to forget that during one of the darkest periods in the club's history, this man could have gone ANYWHERE, played finals, earned heaps etc etc, but didn't. He stuck by the club when he had no good reason to.

If this guy can kick 80 - 100 goals with 2 - 3 defenders clinging to him every week, it's scary to think what he might do if these defenders had another tall to worry about. And Kruezer/Waite/Setanta rotating through there depending on game day situations, makes for a very unpredictable forward line.

The man has a problem with alcohol, that's obvious, going to another club is not going to magically fix that. What he needs is counselling and support. It would be a shame if he's lost the patience of the playing group, cos that would be the only thing that would justify his departure (just like Carey - who by the way, was a single key forward target that got a good midfield to the flag!).

If I was making policy at Carlton, I would just force Fev to sit in a room for the next week and watch his Brownlow after-party "highlights" over and over again until he agreed it was time to give up the booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back