Fevola Trade Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fevola Trade (merged thread)

I can't see the Blues trading Fev for pick 14 and Goldsack or someone of similar quality.

At that point, the Blues will keep Fev and issue a statement to the effect of: "We put Fev up for trade but it didn't come together - but we hope Fev has now learned his lesson and will conduct himself properly for the rest of his time at Carlton."

Unless something happened that hasn't been made public - unless Fev really shat the bed - I don't think Fev is totally gawn. Not unless Carlton get a decent offer in return. They're not going to ship him to Collingwood for a bargain.
yeah, i dont reckon he will stay under any circumstances, i think its beyond reconciliation, and carlton will take what they can get, they will go for the highest bidder.

there will be a few bidders and they will get good value.

of course, fans on BF wont recognize it as good value when it happens, but it will be. a late first rounder and a rising star nom will be a very good result for them

My other question:

If a club is willing to contribute a large portion to paying off Fevola's contract....is that as good as a 1st round pick for the Blues?

If you free up 700K in the Blues Salary Cap spending, all of a sudden they can go for someone like Tarrant of O'Keefe quite hard.

So for example, Collingwood offer Pick 14 and payment of his contract. That has to be valuable to Carlton.....again provided they are 100% dedicated to trading him.

Don't know where Collingwood sits with salary cap, but a team like Brisbane, Sydney, West Coast or Kangaroos surely have this option if they want him with a lesser trade.

For all the arguments, there is still nothing concrete in my mind that Fev is 100% going to be traded.

And it all comes down to this point.

Here are the scenario's...and the only people who know the answer is those internal at Carlton.

1) If Carlton has made up their mind that Fev is gone, then they are not going to get what Carlton supporters perceive as a fair deal.

Fev is 29, has behavioural issues that won't go away, has a large contract to be paid off, and there are not enough teams that suit him and require him to get a bidding war going.

No doubt atleast 3 teams will make an offer of some substance. But you'd think Carlton's number 1 priority would be getting a first round pick and a young forward to replace. They may struggle to get any interest if they are not willing to pay some of his contract. Ultimately, they took a risk last time to contract him without strong behavioural clauses.

2) If Carlton are willing to retain Fevola if they do not get the right price, then the trade is very unlikely to happen.

Fevola, regardless of his flaws is worth much more than first round pick + player. You'd think a top 10 would be required + another top 20 pick.

As Fevola has not made an indication as to his club of preference, then Carlton hold all the cards in this scenario. Fevola is not backing them into a corner by saying "trade me or I'll walk".

Carlton therefore is left in a position....if anyone wants him, give us a good deal, otherwise he is ours. He is young enough to be around for Carlton's next premiership assault which could feasibly be 2 years away.

So, in summary...it all comes down to Carlton's stance on Fevola. If they want him out, they will take the best offer they can...which is not going to be as good as Carlton fans hope.

If they are willing to keep him if the right trade does not come around, then they are in a strong position and can demand a lot more.

My feeling is that Option 2 is where they sit. They will demand a lot. If they don't get it, they will forgive him and retain him.

Yep.........What he said.

What or who do Carlton actually want???

I dare say they don't rate the draft as they were extremely happy to trade away pick 11 for McLean

If they want a key position full back - who?

If they want a full forward - who??

Struggling to understand exactly what the blues expect to get for him that fits their requirements:confused:

I can't see the Blues trading Fev for pick 14 and Goldsack or someone of similar quality.

agree

Cannot see them trading him to a arch rival either - especially one they are in direct competition for with a grand final over the next 3 years

The only way they would trade him to a similar level of squad is if they get players that can make the same impact on the side instantly as fev would

Re: Pies in the Mix

The interest. And there's plenty of it.

Don't worry, don't mention the last 50 years, just focus on the last few years.
There's always interest in a train wreck....:eek:

If my club lost the best forward (only) in the team to an opposition club, and had to pay his salary still, I would be furious.

Seriously, regardless of what transpires, Carlton are the loser in this deal.

And what has 50 years got to do with it? You are only probably 18, do you care what went on in the 1960's?

There have been posts claiming "reliable sources" that Fev will be traded to collingwood which collingwood have agreed to, just the ducks guts of this trade to be sorted out.

This is definately the best lead up to trade week in recent years..

There have been posts claiming "reliable sources" that Fev will be traded to collingwood which collingwood have agreed to, just the ducks guts of this trade to be sorted out.

This is definately the best lead up to trade week in recent years..

Yep....and of course his management (Alistair Lynch & co) would be wanting the best deal for their client.....Lions are likely to trade pick 12..

"THE BRISBANE Lions will take the best available player rather than target certain positions with their first pick at November's NAB AFL Draft.
Coach Michael Voss said the Lions would take a different philosophy to the draft than in previous seasons because their finals finish meant they were lower in the pecking order. Their first choice is not until pick No.12.
"We've got a range of players we're speaking to," he said. "If we don't have a type of player we've got to go down a different route.".......

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/85599/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola for Bradshaw & pick 12:thumbsu:

why would you want to trade 29 year old fevola, for 31 year old bradshaw..?

When you have the currency to demand a first round pick and one possibly two YOUNG players you can groom into a 200 game servants of your club..?????

Bradshaw prone to hamstring injuries.. has one maybe two years left..??

Not smart..! :thumbsdown:

Re: Pies in the Mix

There's always interest in a train wreck....:eek:

If my club lost the best forward (only) in the team to an opposition club, and had to pay his salary still, I would be furious.

Seriously, regardless of what transpires, Carlton are the loser in this deal.

And what has 50 years got to do with it? You are only probably 18, do you care what went on in the 1960's?

How interesting. I've seen my team win six flags. I have no complaints.

Interesting to hear Neal Balme on the radio earlier, a man who can be respected. He feels that Fev is worth a bit and there'll be interest.

Carlton won't lose. We'll trade him (reasonably high, not his highest) and or we'll keep him.

You should focus on keeping Buddy out of trouble. Let your little head worry about that.

Fevola trade to brisbane

I read in the paper today that Brisbane are the new front runners for fev and are prepared to trade Bradshaw and a pick(2nd or 3rd round i presume). in my opinion if we did also get a second round pick i would attempt to trade it to west coast for Ben Mckinley....we may have to throw in Brad Fisher to sweeten the deal.

I also read in the Australian that Port are keen to trade for Shaun Hampson and may be prepared to pass on there number 9 pick they will recieve for Shaun Burgoyne in order to get him. If this were to occur i would have a crack at Taylor Walker with this pick.

leaving us with a forward structure looking something like

HF: Yarran Walker Garlett
F: Betts Bradshaw Mckinley

which i think looks a whole lot better than the fevola dominated one we play to now.

thoughts???

Re: Fevola trade to brisbane

I read in the paper today that Brisbane are the new front runners for fev and are prepared to trade Bradshaw and a pick(2nd or 3rd round i presume). in my opinion if we did also get a second round pick i would attempt to trade it to west coast for Ben Mckinley....we may have to throw in Brad Fisher to sweeten the deal.

I also read in the Australian that Port are keen to trade for Shaun Hampson and may be prepared to pass on there number 9 pick they will recieve for Shaun Burgoyne in order to get him. If this were to occur i would have a crack at Taylor Walker with this pick.

which i think looks a whole lot better than the fevola dominated one we play to now.

thoughts???

Your second-rounder (or Brisbane's) won't get you McKinley. Throwing Fisher into the deal adds nothing, we don't want your castoffs.

Pick 9 won't get you Walker either.

Your second-rounder (or Brisbane's) won't get you McKinley. Throwing Fisher into the deal adds nothing, we don't want your castoffs.

Pick 9 won't get you Walker either.

well what do u think mckinleys worth then?
certainly not a first rounder...he doesnt even make ur starting 18 half the time

thoughts???
There is absolutely zero chance of anyone getting Taylor Walker. Hypothetically if he were on the market, Rendell and Craig have already openly stated that they don't rate this years draft, so much much more than Pick 9 would be required. The only way an offer would be considered by the crows is if Gibbs were included, and we all know that won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola Trade Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back