Resource FFGenie 2012.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FFGenie 2010.1

Having been a user of ffgenie for many years and after seeing that virtualsports are now charging for the use of Assistant Coach I will be donating this year for ffgenie as soon as you release it for 2011. Doesnt really seem fair not to donate.

Having been a user of ffgenie for many years and after seeing that virtualsports are now charging for the use of Assistant Coach I will be donating this year for ffgenie as soon as you release it for 2011. Doesnt really seem fair not too donate.

ditto. love the genie.

can you make an android version, Grim?

I'll see what I can do. I always ran under the assumption that FFGenie was useless until Round 1 kicked in where you could at least take a look at the most popular players. Pre-Round 1 all you would have are the starting prices which wouldn't be that helpful.

LOL. :(

Thanks Grimlock, great news that ffgenie will be available again. I found it for the first time part way through last year, although it took about 2 months to work out all the columns and the unsuspected abilities it gave me - by the end of the year I was plotting the 'magic number' every week, trying to work out what type of function it was(!).

I don't want to put any pressure on you because I'm very grateful for anything that is provided. However, if it is available it would be good to access the starting file for 2011 - even with only prices - before lockout. The multi filter and sorting functions of the genie are useful to get short lists for the last few players in my team - e.g. a defender costing less than $273k who plays for one of 4 specific teams.

Hey everyone,

I've tentatively uploaded FFGenie 2011.1 to http://ffgenie.com. Just click on the link or picture to start it. As always, you need Java 5 or higher to run it.
  • Filtering, sorting - WORKS
  • User Teams - only works if you do the 'website login' option or 'free form' (manually add/remove players). The 'from team id' won't work until round 1 is complete but even then I think I'll need to make some code changes once they publish the teams so I can see what HTML I need to parse.
  • Update stats won't work because hey there's no stats yet.

If you see any data errors (e.g. wrong price, wrong positions, missing players) please let me know. Also let me know if any error dialogs come up.

Just checked and website login works, my team has been uploaded. I did have several Null errors on initial loading, not sure if that was because of the links to the old ffgenie program?
Ah yes, I forget to clean this up every year. It keeps trying to load whatever files you had open last time, i.e. 2010 files and obviously can't.

Thanks Tarquin, looking into a fix now.

Ok for some reason, starting a new file and opening User Teams is reaaaaally slow on the first attempt. I'm not sure why this is, but bear with it and it will come up eventually. See if I can fix it.

Ok for some reason, starting a new file and opening User Teams is reaaaaally slow on the first attempt. I'm not sure why this is, but bear with it and it will come up eventually. See if I can fix it.

Everything worked fine for me. Thanks mucho Gimlock,

The only issue was it tried to load round 22 from last year, but once this was cancelled it was fine.

Opening new team and entering my team via the website was pretty quick for me. I suspect the issue for others is probably the afl dreamteam server which is very patchy at times.

I think we can handle waiting the 10 seconds or so that is may take.
10 seconds I agree would be okay. When I was trying it I estimate it took about one minute. Don't have time to look at it tonight (polishing up my DT ;)) but will have a look tomorrow

I had a look this morning and I can't figure out why it takes about a minute or so the first time you open up a file, or start a new file. The subsequent ones come up in a few seconds.

The thing is I don't have time to look into it any more, certainly not before Thursday lockout. We're just going to have grin and bear it until I have more time to fix it.

I'm also uploading a downloadable version to http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffgenie/ so you can download it and run it on your own machine, this one shouldn't have the same lag issues as described above. Will be up soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome! I stumbled across the cause of the problem while looking at some other problem. It's all fixed and ready to go. Don't you love software fixes that work that way :D :D

Awesome! I stumbled across the cause of the problem while looking at some other problem. It's all fixed and ready to go. Don't you love software fixes that work that way :D :D

gotta love the stumble upon solutions.

Grim, the round 1 data scrape didn't work for me. It appeared to go through the motions but didn't credit any points or anything to anyone so everyone was greyed out as if they didn't play round 1 by the finish.

The workaround was to use update all rounds, which is working but is taking a while.

I'm 99% sure that the data scrape won't work as it is based on last year's HTML. I had to wait until the Round 1 scores came out before I can start coding it. I'm surprised to hear that update all rounds is working, but hey if it does then that saves me some time.

Working on it now as we speak.

gotta love the stumble upon solutions.

Grim, the round 1 data scrape didn't work for me. It appeared to go through the motions but didn't credit any points or anything to anyone so everyone was greyed out as if they didn't play round 1 by the finish.

The workaround was to use update all rounds, which is working but is taking a while.

the workaround worked for DT but not SC - which was much slower and eventually got a time-out error (I think). My advice is just wait for Grim to release 2011.2.

Grimlock. Love your work.

I have been unable to load a league in user teams. I get a message that reads "Can't find league name". Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to load the other teams in my league. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, stuff like

loading leagues
loading by team id
update round
update all

will most likely not work because they are based on last year's layout. This year's layout only came out when the round finished yesterday and I haven't had time to look over it yet.

Just uploaded FFGenie 2011.2, you must use this version to get the stats. FFGenie 2011.1 will fail because VS just added Paul Johnson to the list of players and 2011.1 doesn't deal with that nicely.

"Update Round" and "Update All" should work now, but I'd still recommend you use "Import Stats" "From Website" to get the latest stats.

I haven't had a chance to look at "Loading leagues" and "loading by team id". This will be in the next version 2011.3

Note: The website at http://ffgenie.com still has the logo and link saying 2011.1, I haven't had time to update that yet. To double check what version you're running, look in the title bar when the application has launched. It should say FF Genie 2011.2

I've also uploaded the downloadble version to https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffgenie/

Big thanks to chadleverington for helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back