Resource FFGenie 2012.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to download the program on a Mac. It has always worked in the past.

This time the download says "Decompression Failed" and when clicking on the file it says "Unable to archive".

Any suggestions?

Re: FFGenie 2010.1

Are you going to get this working? I find this the most useful part of the program.
Yeah I'll take a look.

Also, if anyone tries to use the update functions they won't work because I need to take a look at the html generated for those sections, which of course haven't come out yet.

How does this work? I downloaded it but don't have a clue what it is and how to use it.

It determines price movements, Break Evens...

This program has been around for YEARS, before VS came out with a feature called Assistant Coach.

Amazingly the Assistant coach looks to produce the exact same features, coincidence, I wonder?

Grimlock, just a point on one of the Fremantle rookies Jordan Wilson-King (which is how it is spelt on the Freo website). You have him listed as Jordan King-Wilson.

Which one is correct.

Grimlock, just a point on one of the Fremantle rookies Jordan Wilson-King (which is how it is spelt on the Freo website). You have him listed as Jordan King-Wilson.

Which one is correct.
All the names I've sourced directly from the DT website. They have been known to make mistakesin the past.

Is anyone having luck updating round 1 information?
If you read my words from a few posts ago, you would have noticed that I said that updating won't work. A release is coming out soon, please be patient.

• 'Update all' and 'Update Last' working
  • User Teams now working including 'login to website' and 'load leagues'
  • Updated magic number
  • There was also a bug in 2012.1 which set the number of rounds to 24 last year's number instead of 23 which is this year. So if you had saved a file with 2012.1 I urge you to start a new file with 2012.2 and continue from there.
I've just uploaded to sourceforge (http://projects.sourceforge.net/ffgenie) but I won't be able to upload to www.ffgenie.com until later tonight. This includes the program as well as the Round 1 files.

Hey Grimlock,

Just downloaded 2012.2 from sourceforge, and everything is working a treat.

Noticed when adding my team in "user teams" there was a pop-up message saying salary cap remaining would not work, however it did work (for my team, not for other teams in my leagues).

Great job, and much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that warning should have been a little clearer. You can always get the salary cap remaining for your team (using the login method) as it's one of the fields in your Team screen, but this is not available for any other team.

I had already downloaded 2012.1 before downloading 2012.2 and was receiving errors when trying to edit user teams. To fix this I had to delete the .FFGenie folder that had been created in C:\users\*****\

I downloaded FFGenie from Sourceforge and extracted all the files.

However, I can't find an obvious trigger file to start it up. Last year it was ffgenie.jar but that file doesn't seem to be here this year. Any advice appreciated.

I downloaded FFGenie from Sourceforge and extracted all the files.

However, I can't find an obvious trigger file to start it up. Last year it was ffgenie.jar but that file doesn't seem to be here this year. Any advice appreciated.

Download the other Zip file not the src one

hey grimlock,

first up, massive thanks again to you, i love the ffgenie.

ive downloaded 2012.2 but having trouble setting up user teams - i get an error that says it cant create the data file (.xml) to a path on my computer. from there i cant get out of the screen and have to get Task Manager to end the program.

it may be an issue with my pc but just letting you know. ill keep trying, even with my other pc.

Sorry...forget that post. i figured out the problem, was my PC.

Fantastic program, already helping to plan ahead.

Hi Grimlock when I try to create a user team it comes up with this error java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
ffg.gui.UserTeamsDialog.<init>(UserTeamsDialog.java:118)
ffg.gui.FFGFrame$8$1.run(FFGFrame.java:307)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
ffg.entity.UserTeam.getRoundData(UserTeam.java:84)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.loadTeams(UserTeams.java:221)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.<init>(UserTeams.java:176)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.<clinit>(UserTeams.java:165)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

PLEASE help

Okay looks like the 23/24 round error is affecting user teams as well. You're going have to delete the UserTeams.xml file in c:\users\<windows username>\.ffgenie\2012 (for vista and win 7) or c:\documents and settings\<windows username>\.ffgenie\2012 (for win xp etc)

Seem to be having an issue with my MAC running OS X 10.5.8 when trying to edit teams? I get the following message? Any Suggestions?

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:651)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:676)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:655)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
ffg.entity.UserTeam.getRoundData(UserTeam.java:84)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.loadTeams(UserTeams.java:221)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.<init>(UserTeams.java:176)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.<clinit>(UserTeams.java:165)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:651)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:676)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:655)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back