Films that have aged because of bad behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

My first thought was Blazing Saddles

Watched the Gene Wilder doco last night and it had clips of it and even cut the N stuff out. Personally I think it was never used racially but as an afront to racism as a mirror to it - but I recognise its green lighting wont happen today
It wouldn't get made today, but it's clearly showing all the racist characters are idiots and how stupid their racism is.

Another film that feels that way to me is Falling Down. More & more the pressures experienced by Duvall & Dfens are true today, and we see many people worn down by the world in a similar manner, even snapping, or I guess being into opioids in situations like these.

Austin Powers might be able to get away with it by being mostly a satire & even playing on how everything is essentially meant to send up the silly nature of older films.

To add another film that was before its time, was Demolition Man. The describing of how every one has to be “nice”. How corporations have taken over, In the film it was Taco Bell, so the only restaurant you could go to was Taco Bell ect. Falling Down is another one.

On movies that have changed people perspective’s obviously any comedy movie from the 70’s & 80’s. Examples being Porky’s, Airplane, Animal House, Blazing Saddles ect. Of movies, Braveheart, mainly because of Mel Gibson and his drunken rant years ago, along with fictional inaccuracies, the same could be argued with his later film The Patriot. I would doubt if a movie like Logan’s Run would get made in today’s time due to its topic of ageism

It wouldn't get made today, but it's clearly showing all the racist characters are idiots and how stupid their racism is.

It’s a lot like Kingswood Country, where the butt of the joke is on the actual racist, but that is not what people generally perceive,they are too hooked up on the words rather than the actions.

Austin Powers series which I thoroughly have enjoyed would be questioned today by some, to me it's still fun and I'd happily lazily watch it, though I recognise it probably wouldn't get made these days.

I barely remember them but I've also been told Ace Ventura.

Also, I reckon some of the early Bond/007 movies would have some female/male cliches that would be frowned on
I watched the first Ace Ventura recently, nothing stood out as being abhorrent. Jim Carrey just being Jim Carrey

Films that have aged because of bad behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back