Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards Griffiths has passed away aged 65. Complications following heart surgery.

Richard Griffiths dies
Early film credits included Chariots of Fire, The French Lieutenant's Woman and Gandhi, before he landed a starring role in the 1987 comedy Withnail & I.
Griffiths played the predatory gay uncle of Withnail, an out-of-work, alcoholic actor played by Richard E Grant, in a film now regarded as a British classic.
Richard Griffiths dies

Terrific in Pie In The Sky.

R.I.P Annette Funicello

1942 - 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tte-funicello-dead-at-age-70/?intcmp=trending

559891_10151874090429199_1127304974_n.jpg

mouse2-620x400.jpg

Devastated about Chrissie. Saw Divinyls several times including their last tour in Australia. Definitely in my top 5 favourite artists of all time and those positions rotate frequently. I feel like I have lost a loved one. :(

Oh if this being in a Actors thread concerns anyone, her best songs came from the film 'Monkey Grip' which she had a cameo in.

RIP Chrissie. I'll always be pumping out your music. Dead set legend of Australian music.

Gonna be hitting up Youtube tonight pulling out all my favourite Divinyls tracks...

As someone a couple of years younger than her... growing up in the late 70's and early 80's was made a lot more fun with her on Countdown in her schoolies outfit!

RIP Chrissy

Addendum: It turns out that she was also battling MS.

Following on in a sort of music/movie theme...

RIP Ray Manzarek, musician, singer, producer, film director and writer. Gone at age 74. He leaves behind his wife of 46 years and his son. My condolences go out to them for their loss.

When the music finishes, turn out the lights.

And now I would like to offer up the usual prayer when at great musician dies.

Dear God,

If we send you Beiber, Brittany, Paris Hilton, Beyonce and all the rest of todays 'pop' artists, can you please send back all the good ones you have had the exclusive use of since they died?

Thanks,

A real music fan...

Sad to read of the death of Penne Hackforth-Jones, aged 63. Featured in so many Australian movies & TV series including Muriel's Wedding, Cash & Company (one the oldies among us might remember), Homicide, Matlock Police, Division 4, All Saints & most recently the Dr Blake Mysteries. I saw her out & about in East Melbourne last year. Taken from us way too young.

RIP Penne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to read of the death of Penne Hackforth-Jones, aged 63. Featured in so many Australian movies & TV series including Muriel's Wedding, Cash & Company (one the oldies among us might remember), Homicide, Matlock Police, Division 4, All Saints & most recently the Dr Blake Mysteries. I saw her out & about in East Melbourne last year. Taken from us way too young.

RIP Penne.
I remember her in Cash and Co, Homicide, Matlock and Division 4.

Some great Aussie shows there...

Vale James Gandolfini. It takes a great actor to bring one of film's great characters to life.

There is a lot to thank him for. He made the Sopranos and the Sopranos made HBO and HBO has pushed television standards that equal the very best of cinema.

Looks like no Sopranos movie now. Bugger.

Love Patricia Arquette.

Love that she used the Elvis statue to knock him out.:)

Patricia ArquetteVerified account ‏@PattyArquette James Gandolfini RIP

Definitely looked older than 51. Guessing he had similar health problems to Richard Griffiths. Huge men.

One of the big problems with large guys... if we relax for 2 seconds, we put on 10kg without a problem and the extra weight means the heart has to work harder to put the blood around. And of course that puts us at higher risk of a heart attack.

That being said, it's a shock when someone not much older than you dies. It makes you start questioning your own mortality.

VALE James Gandolfini

Just a few we have missed from this year at least:
Conrad Bain (Different Strokes) - 16/1/13 (89) - He was the dad, Mr Drummond
Richard Briers (The Good Life) - 17/2/13 (79) - Tom Good
Allan Arbus (M*A*S*H) - 19/4/13 (95) - The psychiatrist Sidney Freedman
Steve Forrest (SWAT) - 18/5/13 (88) - I also remember him from one of my favourite eps of the Twilight Zone ("The Parallel")
Jean Stapleton (All In The Family) - 31/5/13 (90) - Edith "Mrs Archie" Bunker

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back