Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

knights wants sidebottom.

yarran is the preferred from everyone else at efc

knights went on record after he was appointed that the recruiters would do the recruiting. if they want Yarran, i think they'll take yarran.

but i understand why knights would want sidebottom. 10 goals in the biggest game, kicks five of them off his "wrong" foot and snaffles 35 touches as well. this is a great draft.

Re: Hartlett wont slide past pick 6

Meh he could slip

Who knows what'll happen on the day

So far about 14 players won't slip past pick 6 according to the ''inside sources'' of bigfooty

I need the $2000 :)

1.Watts
2.Nat
3.Rich
4.Hurly
5.Swift
6.Ziebeel
7.Sidebottom
8.Trengrove
9.Blease
10 Vickery
11.Hartlett
12.Johnson
13.Hill
14.Heyne
15.McKernan
16.Lisle
17.Beams
18.Schoenmakers
19.M.Brown
20.A.Smith
21.O'Keefe
22.Milne
23.Suban
24.Robinson
25.Sibosado
26.Zaharkis
27.Walters
28.M.Brown
29.Post
30.Lynch
31.Blight
32.T.Hill
33.O'Keefe
34.Davis
35.Allwright
36.Sharples
37.Reddan
38.Broadbent
39.Strause
40.Jetta
41.Jones
42.Klemke
43.Cahill
44.Pearce
45.Sheahan
46.Martin
47.Richardson
48.McCulloch
49.Motlop
50.Still.

This is missing Cordy already gone and will be very close to the mark.

i have a top secret source too, jack watts wont, mark my words, he wont slip past pick ten. Book mark it.

Meh he could slip

Who knows what'll happen on the day

So far about 14 players won't slip past pick 6 according to the ''inside sources'' of bigfooty

the reason why this site is a great read. wow, if hill, yarren, and hartlett are taken this early according to bigfooty, where will rich get pick?

It could happen, but it wont! I guess we will see saturday wont we!

haha i dont think it will
but you never no
hey i got the inside source on a first round pick the other day very close to the player. ayce cordy to bulldogs at 14 cant name source tho sorry

has anything surfaced recently in the media about H.H? i'm probably more curious about the SA local paper (the advertiser is it?)...and probably more focused on him personally, like how he feels about moving interstate and that sort of thing (the irrelavent yet slightly interesting stuff, similar to what's published in the West Australian / Sunday Times)

In response to OP, its doubtful he will slide, if at all. It'd be great to have him at 8, but thats far from reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Ulbrick of Xavier College has apparently kicked big time in the past few days.

Has had meetings with recruiters from 3 clubs over the past few days, who are obviously interested in the 197cm ruckman.

Could this be the biggest surprise packet of the draft? Kid has a lot of athletic ability and was an absolute superstar for Xavier this year so IMO he might just get lucky. Hope the dons pick him up with our first round pick personally.

no way

Geelong to get Aaron Cornelius with there first pick at 15. I just spoke to Mark Thompson ( i work for an airline company ) and he is off to Hobart to talk to Cornelius and hes family about life at Geelong next year

Geelong to get Aaron Cornelius with there first pick at 15. I just spoke to Mark Thompson ( i work for an airline company ) and he is off to Hobart to talk to Cornelius and hes family about life at Geelong next year

Hope thats true, /swift to West coast

I think it makes sense that Geelong would want Cornelius...but highly doubt Mark Thompson makes common practice of talking to people on a plane about who his club will draft.

Hey didnt tell me who they would draft, just that he was going to Hobart to speak to a family of someone they where intrested in, i just put 2 and 2 togther, i mean he is the best Talent from Tassie and might still be there at 15

Hey didnt tell me who they would draft, just that he was going to Hobart to speak to a family of someone they where intrested in, i just put 2 and 2 togther, i mean he is the best Talent from Tassie and might still be there at 15
Why post the assumptions in the first post? That's not even putting 2 and 2 together.

There are other rounds in the draft, people (same goes for the guy talking about the Xavier ruckman)
I'm sure clubs go to almost the same lengths to vet their 2nd & 3rd round selections as their first picks with interviews etc

I'm sure clubs go to almost the same lengths to vet their 2nd & 3rd round selections as their first picks with interviews etc

Spot on!

The reality is that by Saturday afternoon, all the guys your club have drafted will be back on equal standing as the new guys at the club. Despite the past form and hype, the kid taken with a pick at 40+ may well be the one who "makes it" as a 200 game player rather than the guy taken in the first round.

In some ways, due diligence on the latter picks is perhaps more important as the chances of the kids developing their game to AFL standard is much more about work ethic, emotional stability and resilience than it is about pure natural talent (which is the hallmark of many of the earlier selections). (Of course, these character traits are also very important to first round picks as well.)

I'll just touch on some Geelong Falcons boys...

Ayce Cordy - Although didn't play a game this season, and just 3 last year, is still a Falcons boy and is already drafted at 14 to the dogs. Has alot of potential but he is definately a long term prospect. In my opinion he'll get some injuries in the first two or three years of his career just because he is so lightly built.

Ben Bucovaz - I have heard plenty of clubs are interested in him with St. Kilda and Adelaide keen. Ben's problem is that he can be so good, but also so bad. There is no real in between with him and he'll have to improve this if he is to be drafted. Very exciting prospect when he's up and about though.

Luke Rounds - WILL GET DRAFTED. I am very very confident on this one. A very good 17 year old prospect that will be snapped up this year because of the Gold Coast concessions next year. Has had PLENTY of interest with 10 clubs travelling all the way to Mortlake (near Warrnambool) to talk to him. Fantastic running player that can play onball, run off half back or kick goals from either a wing or forward flank.

Luke Thompson - Another good 17 year old prospect. I personally don't think he will be drafted but he is still some chance. I believe he needs another year in the TAC Cup though because he is still a bit raw. Has had some interest from clubs. Tall player that can play forward and back and was used in the ruck at times for the Falcons in 08.

Jordie MacKenzie - 18 year old who attended the state screening off only half a season for the Falcons after having 18 months off due to injury. Tore apart Brad Ebert as a 16 year old in the national carnival as was spoken about going very high back then. He'll play for the Falcons as a 19 year old next season if he is not picked up or rookied. Very hard at it and was used as a tagger for the Falcons in the later part of the season. Stitched up Suban and Banner but was beaten my Watts in round 19 when he played on ball (which is probably excuseable!).

Jordan Jones - I can't see him getting drafted. Had a terrible year whilst representing the Falcons. He was lucky to get invited to state and although i understand he played some good games for Vic Country, his season at the Falcons was less than impressive. Played 14 games and was in the best just 3 times. Although his season was plagued with a shoulder injury, he was dropped for the Falcons final against the Chargers. I can't fathom how a player who is dropped for the most important game of the year can get drafted. Maybe a rookie chance.

Tom Simpkin - Had a similar year to Jones. His first two games were outstanding which got him a state selection where he was solid without doing much else. Just didnt do enough in my opinion for the Falcons to get drafted. Would be very lucky to be picked up on Saturday. Would have to still be a rookie chance.

Zacc Ledin - Had a brilliant year in 07 for the Falcons but a shoulder injury kept him out of the first half of 08. Threatened to rekindle some of that form with 38 touches vs Dandenong and an outstanding game against Eastern after he came back. His end to the year however wasn't quite good enough and it really really hurt his prospects. Still some rookie chance.

Other players (that are a slim chance at best)...

Sam Hughes - Recieved a state screening invite but he just isn't quite up to it. Kicking lets him down at times but is very exciting when he gets the ball. Really uses his pace to his advantage.

Lewie Hollmer - Was invited to a state screening purely because he only came to the Falcons mid year after domintaing for Lorne. They had no tests of his and now they obviously do. Very raw and would need a lot of work. He'll play with the Falcons as a 19 year old in 09 however.

Chris Lynch - Was captain and won the best and fairest as a 19 year old but things just haven't fallen his way. Tested at the state screening in 07 and did a 15.3 beep test, 3.01 20-metre sprint and very fast agility test but it obvioulsy wasn't enough. Had an outstanding year but don't think he'll get picked up. More of a rookie chance.

Luke Delaney - Another 19 year old who had an outstanding year. Was third in the best and fairest. He beat both Watts and Vickery when they were swapping out of the forward line in the final round of the year. Just not quite big enough to play key position for an AFL club and not quite agile enough to play any other position. Some rookie chance however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back