Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

The Richmond pre-draft night will give supporters a fairly good indication of which players we like, but they are careful to leave supporters feeling only pretty sure we will take someone without saying it as a fact.

All information contained in the Richmond pre-draft night is usually stuff that is known in club circles anyway, so leaked information doesn't hurt the club.

They have a survey at the end of the night to ask who they think we will pick up based on the information presented... they do this so they can tell how revealing they were that year.

Also 'The Cotch' is a poster who I respect and trust the opinion of, no need to be so critical of his thoughts on how the draft may pan out.

Too late...

spoke to somebody very close to port adelaide... said they are NOT going to take Vickery due to the go-home facter and they would prefer to take a midfielder.

he also said essendon will get him up at #5, otherwise richmond at 8.

i know nobody will believe a newbie, but you'll see it on saturday... garanteed.

Wait a second, do you honestly think that we haven't spoken to Hartlett at all? Uh-huh... Unbelievably sloppy from our recruiters if true (which I certainly doubt that it is).

Exactly. Last year we apparently never spoke to Brad Ebert thinking there was no chance of him lasting to Pick 13.

Pretty different scenario here though, as Hartlett is certainly a reasonable chance of being available at our pick. I wouldn't be suprised if we hadn't spoken to Watts or Nick-Nat, but I'd be pretty confident that we'd at least had a chat to the likes of Ziebell, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Yarran, etc, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can a Richmond supporter confirm for me:

What is Vickery's connection to the club?

Is it that his dad or uncle is a trainer or works with the club in some regard?

From what i have been told by Richmond supporters in the know (and some not)...Vickery has been watched closely by Richmond and they have been very keen on him for a while...but they've never believed he would slip far enough to them.

If rumours are correct and Vickery is passed up, I think we'll see him go to Richmond if what I've been told is correct.

But my sources are far from reliable, and i do not claim to have inside knowledge.

But if Vickery does have a family connection down at the club, it atleast shows the people that i have been talking to atleast have their facts straight.

Also, take into account that Port took a ruckman with their first pick last year...which was a late first round, but nonetheless, ruckmen take time so they may feel they have already addressed this issue.

With the loss of Adam Thomson who was highly regarded, it may be time to boost their midfield / attack. A guy like Hartlett from SA, how seems to have potential to become a goal-kicking mid seems very likely.

Exactly. Last year we apparently never spoke to Brad Ebert thinking there was no chance of him lasting to Pick 13.

Yep and I am sure they have spoken to Hartlett, maybe not at length. But the point remains that not everyone is spoken to. I am fairly sure that Tayte Pears was not spoken to by us last year.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/spo...-19742,00.html

That should do it for you. Vickery's dad works at Punt Road and sounds like he knows his way around the place well.

Would be simply delighted with any of Hartlett, Ziebell, Swift or Vickery - in that order. Can't see myself being too disappointed come Saturday

thanks mate...the link didnt work but i got the answer from you i needed.

Well, my boss told me that he was speaking with Vickery's dad who worked at Richmond and that his son was their first preference but they have looked elsewhere because they do not believe he will fall that far. But because of injuries etc he may end up at Richmond.

As i said earlier...not a reliable source...im not saying bookmark it or claiming i have specialy inside knowledge....but in the spirit of sharing info, i thought I'd say it anyway,

From what i have been told by Richmond supporters in the know (and some not)...Vickery has been watched closely by Richmond and they have been very keen on him for a while...but they've never believed he would slip far enough to them.

If rumours are correct and Vickery is passed up, I think we'll see him go to Richmond if what I've been told is correct.

But my sources are far from reliable, and i do not claim to have inside knowledge.

But if Vickery does have a family connection down at the club, it atleast shows the people that i have been talking to atleast have their facts straight.

Also, take into account that Port took a ruckman with their first pick last year...which was a late first round, but nonetheless, ruckmen take time so they may feel they have already addressed this issue.

With the loss of Adam Thomson who was highly regarded, it may be time to boost their midfield / attack. A guy like Hartlett from SA, how seems to have potential to become a goal-kicking mid seems very likely.

His Father is at Richmond and he has spent alot of time with his rehab of his knee which kept him out out of football for a year at Richmond. He is a very keen Tiger supporter.

Harlett has been likened to Ian Stewart though and not only Port have an interest in taking Vickery with their first pick. Then Rich or Zab might slip through as well!

Always a risk taking rucks with your first pick as they dont always stack up.

Name a ruckman in the top 100 who was taken in the 1st 20 picks and its debatable.

Believe what you want mate. When have I said anythings a done deal? All I'm saying is how the draft MAY pan out according to what people have told me. Is that such a sin?

I just find it ammusing that you would think a few players would know how its going to pan out. People like Matt Burgan and Emma Quayle who I am sure have 100 times the info than you have do not know how it will pan out and your saying you think it will pan out a certain way by talking to a few players. Its not a sin just a little niave on your behalf.

I just find it ammusing that you would think a few players would know how its going to pan out. People like Matt Burgan and Emma Quayle who I am sure have 100 times the info than you have do not know how it will pan out and your saying you think it will pan out a certain way by talking to a few players. Its not a sin just a little niave on your behalf.
Oh please, ones not allowed for an opinion? Just like you have a Phantom Draft, I cant say how I think it may pan out? Did I ever say it WILL go that way? That's the whole fun of it.

You've come onto a thread that is called 'Finals Days RUMOURS', and suggesting that every man and his dog dont know jack sh!t. I find that quite amusing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back