Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll just touch on some Geelong Falcons boys...

Luke Rounds - WILL GET DRAFTED. I am very very confident on this one. A very good 17 year old prospect that will be snapped up this year because of the Gold Coast concessions next year. Has had PLENTY of interest with 10 clubs travelling all the way to Mortlake (near Warrnambool) to talk to him. Fantastic running player that can play onball, run off half back or kick goals from either a wing or forward flank.

Did he play in Terang-Mortlake's premiership this year?

So from all this we get
1. Melbourne -Watts
2. West Coast - Naitaniu
3. Freo - Rich
4. port - Hartlett
5. Essendon - Yarran
6. Carlton - hurley
7. Brisbane - Ziebell
8. Richmond - Vickery
9. North - johnson
10 Adelaide - Tengrove
11. Collinwood - Swift
12. Sydney - Suban
13. Stkilda - ????
14. Bulldogs - Cordy
15. Geelong - Cornelius
16. Hawthorne - Davis

Seem to missing rumors on St Kilda Mckernan or Blease maybe

So from all this we get
1. Melbourne -Watts
2. West Coast - Naitaniu
3. Freo - Rich
4. port - Hartlett
5. Essendon - Yarran
6. Carlton - hurley
7. Brisbane - Ziebell
8. Richmond - Vickery
9. North - johnson
10 Adelaide - Tengrove
11. Collinwood - Swift
12. Sydney - Suban
13. Stkilda - ????
14. Bulldogs - Cordy
15. Geelong - Cornelius
16. Hawthorne - Davis

Seem to missing rumors on St Kilda Mckernan or Blease maybe
I reckon Sidebottom might just find his way into the first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll just touch on some Geelong Falcons boys...

Luke Delaney - Another 19 year old who had an outstanding year. Was third in the best and fairest. He beat both Watts and Vickery when they were swapping out of the forward line in the final round of the year. Just not quite big enough to play key position for an AFL club and not quite agile enough to play any other position. Some rookie chance however.

Good post, agree with most of what you've said.

However, I was surprised to read that you thought Delaney wasn't big enough to play KP at AFL level. He's listed in the TAC record at 194cm and 94kg, I thought his size was one of his positives. I think he even played a few matches in the ruck this year.

So from all this we get
1. Melbourne -Watts
2. West Coast - Naitaniu
3. Freo - Rich
4. port - Hartlett,Sidebottom
5. Essendon - Yarran
6. Carlton - hurley
7. Brisbane - Ziebell,Sidebottom
8. Richmond - Vickery
9. North - johnson,Sidebottom
10 Adelaide - Tengrove
11. Collinwood - Swift,Sidebottom
12. Sydney - Suban
13. Stkilda - ????Sidebottom
14. Bulldogs - Cordy
15. Geelong - Cornelius
16. Hawthorne - Davis

Cousins kicks to sidebottom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll]

The reaction from some Dees supporters is going to be priceless if your sources are correct. :p

That is so true :p I look forward to it :p

On an objective basis though, I'd be so surprised if Melbourne doesn't take Nat. At best (from Watt's side of things) they're fairly equal as players, and Nat will be by far the better marketing and sponsorship tool, which a club in Melb's parlous position surely need.

I think it makes sense that Geelong would want Cornelius...but highly doubt Mark Thompson makes common practice of talking to people on a plane about who his club will draft.

Agreed. I really doubt he would have given that away.

But I do think the interest in Cornelius could have been correct. Those who follow the VFL know he's a great talent and Geel need a KPF. The question is whether they rate him high enough for 15 or will punt that he's still there at 33.

According to SEN there is a massive disagreement between Brisbane's football and recruitment departments about whether to recruit Jack Ziebell. One department wants him, the other doesn't.

A very heated dispute apparently.

According to SEN there is a massive disagreement between Brisbane's football and recruitment departments about whether to recruit Jack Ziebell. One department wants him, the other doesn't.

A very heated dispute apparently.
They better not touch Vickery :(

According to this Beams has been telling people that the Pies told him that we will pick him at 11 if he did not go to the Gold Coast Football Club.

No Idea if it's true those

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back