Preview FINALS BABY! All things in general related to finals but not a specific match

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, we made! At one stage I didn't think we would, so well done to Kingers and the boys for pulling their finger out.

And now the hard work starts!

I'd like to use this thread for general discussion on finals, tickets, questions, speculation and other game analysis etc outside of our actual finals games.

Finals matrix 1.png

The finals series will open on Thursday, September 5 at Adelaide Oval when Port Adelaide and Geelong face off in the second qualifying final from 7.10pm ACST.

The Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn will do battle at the MCG in the second elimination final on Friday, September 6 from 7.40pm AEST, in the only final that will be played in Melbourne in the first week.

And on Saturday, September 7, arch rivals Sydney and Greater Western Sydney will clash in the first qualifying final at the SCG from 3.20pm AEST, before Brisbane hosts Carlton at the Gabba from 7.30pm AEST in the first elimination final.

Honestly, would much rather lose week 1 and play loser of Brisbane / Carlton than play the winner of Bulldogs / Hawks in the prelim. Feel like Brisbane/Carlton then Geelong/Port is an "easier" path to the Grand Final

Honestly, would much rather lose week 1 and play loser of Brisbane / Carlton than play the winner of Bulldogs / Hawks in the prelim. Feel like Brisbane/Carlton then Geelong/Port is an "easier" path to the Grand Final
I can see why you say that, but the best way is the direct way. Beat whoever is in front of you as finals are brutal.

It’s nothing short of miraculous that we’re one match away from a home prelim.

That it’s played in Sydney on a Saturday afternoon so we can gather the Orange Army from all across NSW/ACT is more-or-less the same as we’d get if we were Minor Premiers.

That we go in as underdogs following week after week of finals-intensity matches against a slightly iffy South is perfect.

IMG_1148.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Time to forget about their poor record against us in finals, it means zip this time around.

This is a very different Swans side, and they've had the wood on us for quite a while. The harsh reality is that we've beat them only three times in the last 10 encounters by margins of 1,1, and 2.

It will be an upset if we win, and I'm a bit surprised the current odds are as generous to us as they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to forget about their poor record against us in finals, it means zip this time around.

This is a very different Swans side, and they've had the wood on us for quite a while. The harsh reality is that we've beat them only three times in the last 10 encounters by margins of 1,1, and 2.

It will be an upset if we win, and I'm a bit surprised the current odds are as generous to us as they are.
This is true. Add to that our midfield has been outplayed most weeks and we haven’t been able to improve it.
Our clearance work is poor. This will be highlighted in finals.

This is true. Add to that our midfield has been outplayed most weeks and we haven’t been able to improve it.
Our clearance work is poor. This will be highlighted in finals.
Other teams will know and emphasise this in their plans. Briggs and Cogs will get attention.
Green, Kelly, Snooze and Callaghan will need to step up. Daniels and Toby can do a couple of CBA cameos.
If we can continue generating pressure and win enough of the ball, we can kick a winning score.

Limit of one (1) ticket per member barcode. You can purchase a maximum of ten (10)

Seems odd GWS are being limited to 1 ticket per barcode. That’s usually reserved for grand final ticketing. Us and Hawks have been allowed 2 per barcode although I think this will be based on venue capacity.

That mentioned the AFL should be prioritising tickets for members and provide more ticket allocations to GWS members

Seems odd GWS are being limited to 1 ticket per barcode. That’s usually reserved for grand final ticketing. Us and Hawks have been allowed 2 per barcode although I think this will be based on venue capacity.

That mentioned the AFL should be prioritising tickets for members and provide more ticket allocations to GWS members
It's absolutely venue related. Carlton and Brisbane have gotten one ticket per barcode as well for the Gabba. MCG is obviously a different story with that 100k capacity.

t's absolutely venue related. Carlton and Brisbane have gotten one ticket per barcode as well for the Gabba

SCG is around 40K IIRC, not sure they'd play a game at Stadium Australia though. Would be better to have more supporters at the game in NSW. They've got 2 finals set up there so why not make the most of the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview FINALS BABY! All things in general related to finals but not a specific match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back