Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited. Our first MCG sell out (other than grand finals) in history I reckon ....?

Bulldogs Top 3 Crowds Of All Time

1. 107,935 v Hawthorn, 1961 GF (MCG)

2. 99,981 v Sydney, 2016 GF (MCG)

3. 94,104 v Collingwood, 1956 PF (MCG)

Do we know if tickets were all sold out yesterday?
There were very limited seats left at the end of the members sale, and they then sold quickly in the public sale.

The only remaining seats are the walk up seats for MCC members

Good luck all, I've decided against attempting to go as it's a 3 1/2 hour drive after work & I've got my young kids . TV for me.

My tip - there will always be people who choose not to go at the Last minute. Go to tixel.com.au and join the wait list. But the wait list isn't a queue - you have to be live on the website when someone's selling a ticket, so it's first come first served . I've always got tickets to sold out events by being on the site & refreshing the page on the day.

The clubs need to take more accountability, its a cop out to just blame ticktec (I hate with a passion) and the AFL. Ticketec wont change unless clubs/AFL push them. When an issue like this happens we should get a detailed response, not a PR statement that a small number of member were affected which is garbage, some people missed tickets all together and that's not good enough.

It was a shit show from the start. Here is a list of the errors made:

I have multiple memberships. A brought another 2 when the $33, 3 game memberships came up at the end of the year to help get us to 60k memberships. Those numbers were included in my email. No bar codes worked at the start for me (gold etc), yet then the $33 ones didn't work. Guy on the phone said yes they weren't valid. I said why did you send them to me in the email? First error, club error.

What sort of testing is really being completed if barcodes didn't work? I spoke to my hawthorn mate, his barcode worked, 7 members all got ground level seats in and out by 10.20. Was he just lucky, not sure but his barcodes worked, so why is it just the bulldogs ones didn't work.

Finally even once in to get tickers, the website was showing tickets available on ground level 1 yet then I constantly got the message "exhausted allocation" So what going on there, the website displaying incorrect information.

Then why is best available showing back rows first, that bullshit that it was sold out so quick.

Anyway me and my 4 mates will be standing on ground level 1, wont be sitting second back row. Lucky my wife and kids couldn't make it due to basketball finals as they would have been disappointed. Nothing more from me on the topic.

Good luck all, I've decided against attempting to go as it's a 3 1/2 hour drive after work & I've got my young kids . TV for me.

My tip - there will always be people who choose not to go at the Last minute. Go to tixel.com.au and join the wait list. But the wait list isn't a queue - you have to be live on the website when someone's selling a ticket, so it's first come first served . I've always got tickets to sold out events by being on the site & refreshing the page on the day.
Tixel is a great website.

The clubs need to take more accountability, its a cop out to just blame ticktec (I hate with a passion) and the AFL. Ticketec wont change unless clubs/AFL push them. When an issue like this happens we should get a detailed response, not a PR statement that a small number of member were affected which is garbage, some people missed tickets all together and that's not good enough.

It was a shit show from the start. Here is a list of the errors made:

I have multiple memberships. A brought another 2 when the $33, 3 game memberships came up at the end of the year to help get us to 60k memberships. Those numbers were included in my email. No bar codes worked at the start for me (gold etc), yet then the $33 ones didn't work. Guy on the phone said yes they weren't valid. I said why did you send them to me in the email? First error, club error.

What sort of testing is really being completed if barcodes didn't work? I spoke to my hawthorn mate, his barcode worked, 7 members all got ground level seats in and out by 10.20. Was he just lucky, not sure but his barcodes worked, so why is it just the bulldogs ones didn't work.

Finally even once in to get tickers, the website was showing tickets available on ground level 1 yet then I constantly got the message "exhausted allocation" So what going on there, the website displaying incorrect information.

Then why is best available showing back rows first, that bullshit that it was sold out so quick.

Anyway me and my 4 mates will be standing on ground level 1, wont be sitting second back row. Lucky my wife and kids couldn't make it due to basketball finals as they would have been disappointed. Nothing more from me on the topic.
ticketek are this bad for everything, not just footy, so I don't think it's fair to put on the clubs.

How do they heck this up every year? It's just not conceivable that that level of incompetence prevails. They've got a year to get it right ... every year ... and yet they don't ... every year.
Yeah it’s absolutely one of those things where you have one job, one fxxking job so how do you manage to find a way to fxxk it up every bloody year. I mean to have the member barcodes not working is just beyond a level of incompetence that cannot be fathomed. People have literally waited almost a decade to have a home final they can attend, still all paid their membership money all through the Covid years and throughout cost of living pressures that are taking money from every other part of your budget but they keep their membership so that they can attend a final at home when their team makes it and after all those years of waiting and paying, to have that chance fxxked up because of a ticket seller’s incompetence is so far beyond unacceptable it’s a fxxking disgrace.

I really feel for the people affected by this yesterday, long serving Bulldogs members who deserve better. It’s not the clubs fault I don’t think, I put the blame on Ticketek as it is each and every year. What a joke of a company and yet nothing ever happens to change it.

Tixel is a great website.
I wasn't aware of its existence until I purchased VFL tickets a couple of days ago.

Initially I thought they were rubbish because they said they had sent my tickets via email. I didn't receive anything. Their customer service was really good, identifying the issue immediately. A simple spelling mistake/typo in the email address I used to register. Problem solved.

After hours of stress trying to secure tickets entering codes that were not accepted we managed to get 12 tickets. The issue is we are separated in blocks of 4, 2, 2, 2, 2 and all over ground. Does anyone know if Hawthorn fans had the same issues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here MCC and planning to lineup to get a seat when the gates open at 5pm? I'm going with 2 other dogs fans, keen to know what time I should be in the line to ensure we get 3 decent seats together in the unreserved bays. I am shattered there is not unreserved on level 4 as I prefer to sit there.

I've registered my boys for HT Auskick. If successful, I'll get another four tickets.

In that scenario I'll be able to sell my tickets at face value for anyone who missed out.
I got offered the same for Auskick, problem is you'll miss the second and third quarters of the game if your a helper....

Yeah it’s absolutely one of those things where you have one job, one fxxking job so how do you manage to find a way to fxxk it up every bloody year. I mean to have the member barcodes not working is just beyond a level of incompetence that cannot be fathomed. People have literally waited almost a decade to have a home final they can attend, still all paid their membership money all through the Covid years and throughout cost of living pressures that are taking money from every other part of your budget but they keep their membership so that they can attend a final at home when their team makes it and after all those years of waiting and paying, to have that chance fxxked up because of a ticket seller’s incompetence is so far beyond unacceptable it’s a fxxking disgrace.

I really feel for the people affected by this yesterday, long serving Bulldogs members who deserve better. It’s not the clubs fault I don’t think, I put the blame on Ticketek as it is each and every year. What a joke of a company and yet nothing ever happens to change it.
Ultimately I'm not certain where the blame lies .... but there are only 2 candidates .... our club and/or Ticketek.

The barcode sh1tstorm is unforgivable for all the reasons you've stated. Someone or some people get sacked for such gross incompetence in my view, and I don't care whether they are Dogs or Ticketek employees or both.

And if it's primarily Ticketek, a performance review where their contract is at stake should be on the table.

Anyone here MCC and planning to lineup to get a seat when the gates open at 5pm? I'm going with 2 other dogs fans, keen to know what time I should be in the line to ensure we get 3 decent seats together in the unreserved bays. I am shattered there is not unreserved on level 4 as I prefer to sit there.

4:30 should be early enough. There will be a lot of MCC members there for gates open, but 30min should be plenty. Particularly if there is only 3 of you.

Remember, being a Friday a lot will have to be getting out of work early for gates open. May be tricky for some.

4:30 should be early enough. There will be a lot of MCC members there for gates open, but 30min should be plenty. Particularly if there is only 3 of you.

Remember, being a Friday a lot will have to be getting out of work early for gates open. May be tricky for some.
Thanks CB. Do you know if they eventually shut MCC walkups out if it gets too full once gates open? I know so many neutral MCC members going due to the lack of MCG finals for this year.

To those saying it was Ticketek's fault, and not the club, that is wrong.

I am the first to complain about the ticket outlets, but not this time.

Hawthorn members did not have this problem. The only complaints I've seen from Hawthorn supporters were them saying the tickets had sold out, when in fact the tickets had not sold out, just the category of ticket they were trying to buy.

I have not seen any complaints about the barcodes being invalid.

Sorry, but this is on the club. They gave the wrong database to Ticketek.

Hawthorn members did not have this problem. The only complaints I've seen from Hawthorn supporters were them saying the tickets had sold out, when in fact the tickets had not sold out, just the category of ticket they were trying to buy.

What database was given and what should have been given? Also how much would be due to $1 and 3 game membership and guests getting same opportunity as full members

What database was given and what should have been given? Also how much would be due to $1 and 3 game membership and guests getting same opportunity as full members
All questions that should have been answered in a statement from the club.

Rest assured, if it was Ticketek issue, we would have a statement from the club saying so

For somebody who has been working in the IT indistry that indistry od now full of critera of staff working in teindustry is full of Degee

Maybe the Western Bulldog IT team outsourced to Crowdstrike :)

All questions that should have been answered in a statement from the club.

Rest assured, if it was Ticketek issue, we would have a statement from the club saying so
Do you think the points in my question cover the areas where the club could have been responsible or any to add? I guess the database issues cover the failure to recognise barcodes

Sadly from everything I’ve seen so far this appears to our club at fault.
Despite extensive testing a small sub-set of members experienced issues unlocking tickets with their barcodes that were outside our control. Their words not mine, not convinced about the small sub-set either.
The real issue here is it was the longest standing, Dogs for Life, Gold/Silver Social Club, reserved seat members that seem to have been effected. The clubs higher value, most loyal supporters.
This was totally unacceptable. If the wrong data was given to Ticketek imagine if that happened for a Grand Final.
Furthermore they said positively no members missed out on a ticket during the on-sale window with all members who entered the pre-sale able to transact and purchase member and additional tickets. This doesn’t ring true to what people have said on this thread with some saying they didn’t get tickets.
Also once again by the time our barcodes were recognised the majority of premium seats were already taken, by what appear to be GA, 3 Game memberships etc.
This is all separate to the stress and angst caused trying to figure out what could have gone wrong. There was also the confusion of some members having an sms sent to them that morning with different barcodes which also didn’t work.
I logged in way too early so was timed out. Logged in again about 9.55 and had about 15,500 in front of me. Finally got through only for barcodes to be not valid.
Panic time
Go back into the sale and there’s about 13,500 on front of me. Oh shit.
Meanwhile also trying to contact the club and read BF to see if there was an explanation or solution there. Lucky I can multitask (at my age 🤪). My neighbour was here and he was a confused wreck.
Luckily when I got through we got fairly good seats. Only wanting 2 helps I think, the more you try to get together the worse the seats seem to be.
BUT we shouldn’t have been put through this. Ameet needs to make a statement, an apology and assurances that this will never happen.
Sorry for rambling on. Ticketing is always a topic of great interest to me, especially as I buy to so many events.

Remove this Banner Ad

Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back