AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
Friday - SFS
Parramatta vs Gold Coast

Saturday - Suncorp
Brisbane vs St George

I think Parra and the Dragons will win these games.

For the Broncos good form of late they had a pretty soft run into the finals and faced a GC team which happened to have a worse defence than them. Bronco's pack, especially the front row, still has huge question marks over them, if Dragons can stop the pack then the classy backline would be somewhat useless. Wallace may be out also. Soward needs to learn how to play under pressure, he's starting to see it isnt so easy behind a forward pack not performing as well as it has been. Threw a really really shit pass to eric grothe on the weekend, has to have more composure than that, Grothe was standing right there Soward had time to change his mind on the play but went for it anyway. Game over. Need Poore and Weyman back to their devestating best to win.

Parramatta, if they play like they did sunday, will win. There forwards were supurb lead by Fui and Hindmarsh. Cannot get complacent. I hope Gold Coast lose cos Cartwright is a ****wit for his treatment of referees and general whinging, but beyond that they are a bit soft in defence, and i think Parra will make good use of this. Very good in attack, although if Rogers is missing that is a fair loss. Can definately win but I think Parra will be able to.

Agree with both your predications.
I would be surprised to see the Dragons bow out in straight sets. It was only a month or so ago that the Broncos were just about gone and that questions marks were being raised as to how Henjak could hold onto his job. I hope the Broncs can get up, because if they do, I don't think they can beat the Storm in two weeks. Dragons to win 24-16.
Titans will be pretty deflated after blowing it last week. Enter hostile territory against a side that is playing as a free spirit and I think if Parra can get away to a good start, they could actually win by plenty. Eels 32-10.

I though that ball to Grothe was pin point BB :p

We should be able to beat the Titans. If we play like we did on Sunday we will run all over them. Their defence is shit and if we defend like we have been they will be kept to single figures.

As for Cartwright, shouldn't have given the refs even more, lost the game for them. The level of reffing on the weekend was horrendous. The Parramatta and Titans games in particular. Refs should have been fined 10k instead of Carty.

The Broncs should win at home - Bennett factor.
I just hope they bash each other and there are 10 reports from this game:p
Should be close though: 26- 22.

The Eels should defeat the Titans: 30 - 16
If the Titans can stop Jarrod, they are in with a big chance.

big game player - locky
big game pressure choker - soward

just hope our forwards can stand up against bennets new boys
Which is why he made a horrible defensive read against melbourne in the last minute allowing them to score last year?

Agree with the OP, i'm backing Parrascum and St George.

Tell you what, hasn't their (Parra) win really opened things up for them? We talk about Melbourne basically being in a "yippee" situation, but geez, look at how it's panned out for Parra.

If they can get past the GC this week they will MURDER Canterbury in the GFQ

Canberra has won from 4th, Tigers too. May also be some others. I'm expecting a 4 V 8 GF this year, so Melbourne could join the list of those winning from 4th. Has anyone won from lower than that?

Loving all the we have to stop Jarryd this weekend. Jarryd only plays well when the rest of the team can do the little things right. The Gold Coast pack will get murdered by Moi Moi, Mannah, Lowrie, Joe and Hindmarsh. Outwide our bigger lads will run all over them.

Tell you what, hasn't their (Parra) win really opened things up for them? We talk about Melbourne basically being in a "yippee" situation, but geez, look at how it's panned out for Parra.

Canberra has won from 4th, Tigers too. May also be some others. I'm expecting a 4 V 8 GF this year, so Melbourne could join the list of those winning from 4th. Has anyone won from lower than that?
campaignererbury in 95?

I was very confident all last week that we would beat the Dragons, and when I saw how the matches lined up if we won, I thought we are a real chance of winning it from 8th. Now the boys just have to get it done.

Go Eels!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true Broncos haven't won a finals game at Suncorp yet? I know we haven't lost to them there in about 4 finals..

Even so, i'm tipping the Broncos and Parramatta to win.
Yes its true. But another way to look at it is a Wayne Bennett coached team hasn't won their either. Who's to blame?

You do have to consider though that from 2001-05 we had a poor side, so it was not uncommon for us (Brisbane) to lose at home anyway. 2006 we had a poor loss, but we won the thing anyway. 07 and 08 we had ordinary sides in poor form.

Titans: 32
Eels: 30

Titans with a penalty in the final stages to steal it.

Broncos: 24
Dragons: 4

Broncos to crush the dragons.

The worst result possible would be the Titans winning. Nothing against them but the Dogs-Parra will draw 50,000 plus!

A league match with over 30,000 people, :rolleyes:

Titans derserve it more then those slimy dirty eels and their arrogant supporters getting all over the top.

pretty sure they would've been the lowest, 95 was the first year of a top 8, was top 5 before that, and no one has won from lower than that since then i dont think (althougha few teams have won from 4th and the dogs made the GF from a pretty low spot in 98 if i recall).

Bonkos vs Drag-Queens should be interesting to see what w***ers will get caught up in a wild storm next week.

Hate both these teams. Not as much as Womanly though.

GO STORM!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back