Analysis FINALS! - Who and where will we play?

Now we're made finals what are your expectations?

• Runners up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight set exit (lose QF, lose SF)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought we were a chance, played exciting, smart, hard working footy all year and been rewarded.

Well done Collingwood.

Live ladder:

2). West Coast = 60 (123.4%) - play Melbourne tomorrow
3). Collingwood = 56 (120.7%)
4). Hawthorn = 56 (120.5%)
5). Sydney = 56 (110.6%)
6). GWS = 54 (118.1%)
7). Melbourne = 48 (130.5%) - play West Coast tomorrow

We can finish anywhere between 2nd to 7th at this stage. If Melbourne lose tomorrow, we're guaranteed a top 6 finish and a home elimination final at a minimum. If West Coast lose, a 2nd place finish is possible.

Live ladder:

5). Sydney = 56 (110.6%)
6). GWS = 54 (118.1%)

We can finish anywhere between 2nd to 7th at this stage. If Melbourne lose tomorrow, we're guaranteed a top 6 finish and a home elimination final at a minimum. If West Coast lose, a 2nd place finish is possible.
Better that we win next week and keep fate in our hands. But Dees and Swans win and we lose, we stay top 4.

Live ladder:

5). Sydney = 56 (110.6%)
6). GWS = 54 (118.1%)

6th should be our worst possible placing, as Melbourne play GWS next week and they can't both finish in front of us. Melbourne could reach 56 points with two wins and be above us on % if we lose, but then GWS would be stuck on 54 points. If GWS win or draw Melbourne can't catch us.

Happy days, either way!!

Better that we win next week and keep fate in our hands. But Dees and Swans win and we lose, we stay top 4.
I certainly agree with the first sentence! All it would take for us to slip out of the top 4 would be for us to lose next week and Sydney to win (depending on the extent of the wins/losses). Hawthorn could still move above us on % (even if they lose to the Swans). What Melbourne did then wouldn't matter, we'd still have slipped below Sydney and Hawthorn and out of the top 4 if the Hawks % ended up better than ours.

So plenty of possibilities exist, but winning our game will make us very safe!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very stoked.. But how is my luck.. Moving to Melbourne on the 31st... Looking like we will end up playing in WA. Eagles member so would get a guaranteed ticket .... And I will be in Melbourne haha..
Haven't played a final here since 2007 and I move the week before the boys come over and play.. I will get a prelim or elimination which is fine.. Might have to dip into the savings and fly back for a day..

I want WC first final fresh off a break.

I can't see us beating Richmond, we play the same style footy as them only difference they have been doing it better for longer with a fit list.

I get a feeling we will pull something out of the hat first week of finals ala vs Port ‘02 if we finish top 4.

Will take a mighty performance from Adams in the middle and the backline to absolutely play a united game.

A clock is correct δυο times a day.

We have been average for 4 years.

This year is brilliant.

But if it is an association of the past 4 years that is not fair on the players and supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe I saw something in the group and what the coach was trying to achieve last year and thought it was possible?

I must admit, it has been more than surprising this year given injuries to key players and the surprise packet of a Stephenson, Mihocek, Jordy and co.

This I didn't expect.

I know there is a lot to still play out, but i just started to feel sick realising we are on a collision course with Richmond in a Preliminary Final.....

Has there been a bigger game than that if it eventuates in the last couple of decades??

Going to absolutely huge..........

Very stoked.. But how is my luck.. Moving to Melbourne on the 31st... Looking like we will end up playing in WA. Eagles member so would get a guaranteed ticket .... And I will be in Melbourne haha..
Haven't played a final here since 2007 and I move the week before the boys come over and play.. I will get a prelim or elimination which is fine.. Might have to dip into the savings and fly back for a day..
Wil happily use your tickets for you

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis FINALS! - Who and where will we play?

Back