Speculation Finn Maginness [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

"Has a year to run on his deal at Hawthorn but there's interest in him from around the competition. Given Hawthorn's position, would they listen? Essendon has some interest but not the picks yet. 50-50 that he moves." - Riley Beveridge, Gettable starts at 9m 10s

Probably wins you the ANZAC Day game for the next 6 or 8 years.

But yeah, your team is tops. Dont need hard nut ball winners who can tag and kick goals. Merrett is fine on his own.

Also, I really hope he stays.
Typical dumb response.

He's a good player. I don't deny that. He's just similar to all the other midfielders we have in that he's midfield only, struggles to impact elsewhere. Durham and Caldwell are effective run with mids.

Typical dumb response.

He's a good player. I don't deny that. He's just similar to all the other midfielders we have in that he's midfield only, struggles to impact elsewhere. Durham and Caldwell are effective run with mids.
He’s been working on his fwd craft with some success

Typical dumb response.

Essendon does seem like a weird choice but I'd think if they are interested it's because they believe he will unlock one of those guys to be more attacking. You'd know more than me if you thought they were capable of that step.

I'd think he'd fit in at Sydney oddly enough if I was picking a club for him to leave for.

Currently just outside Hawthorn's best 23 with a fully fit list. I'd consider him a required player for our 2025 campaign due to his versatility and consistency as a role player.

He's more than just a tagger, a role he didn't really play much at all in 2024. Showed this year he can be an effective defensive forward who can hurt teams with scoreboard impact if not respected the other way. He can also play as an inside/outside midfielder with elite endurance to go with a big strong body.

Strengths are his running endurance and his game focus/concentration. Always on the move and never going to catch him ball watching or giving up on a chase. Give him a job and consider it done.

Weaknesses are his disposal quality and his decision making speed under pressure. He has steadily improved on his weaknesses each year so he's not the finished product, but he's unlikely to ever be the guy you want kicking inside 50.

Would be worth more to us than what we get in a trade. Our midfield depth didn't really get tested until finals and then he had a really good game against Port.

If we aren't getting a decent 2nd round pick I'm not sure why we would bother trading him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you're right, the Essendon list is A+ and has zero room for improvement.

Carry on accepting mediocrity, it's what the hanger has done for the past 2 decades and it's working out REALLY well over there.
Not really what I said. I said we don't really need him as there are other and bigger needs.

He's a fine player. He's a good tagger but limited in what he can do outside of that. He's similar to most of our inside mids in that way. But that sort of nuance is obviously beyond you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Finn Maginness [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back