Firrito going round again....

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent, just made a post saying we should be keeping him.

With Keys departing there's need for someone like Spud who can play on talls.

Very happy for him. He ended the year really well and is only 28. Maybe injuries curtailed him earlier more than suspected as he's alluded in the nmfc site article.

Versatile attacking player and a true Shinboner and gentleman. People trot out some pretty horrendous free agency suggestions - well I say a fit and firing Spud trumps almost all of them.

Hope he sticks it up a few in 2014.

Very happy for him. He ended the year really well and is only 28. Maybe injuries curtailed him earlier more than suspected as he's alluded in the nmfc site article.

Versatile attacking player and a true Shinboner and gentleman. People trot out some pretty horrendous free agency suggestions - well I say a fit and firing Spud trumps almost all of them.

Hope he sticks it up a few in 2014.

He's 30 in November. His body isn't slowing down yet though.

I think 'bengrina' of "Most Overrated Players to Play the Game" might have something to add here.... where are ya mate?!?!?

ps get em Spud!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. With no other candidates who would volunteer to put the cue in the rack on the list, it would seem we'd make the minimum number of list changes this year. Fair enough. Spud had a bad year no doubt, but he's young enough and with sufficient credits to have another crack. Good call.

Happy for Spud. Depending on how he comes back from his injuries over pre-season, I'd like to see the club consider a rotation system. Rest him every so often for Cam Delaney or McKenzie so he's fresh coming into finals. His experience will be valuable in big games.
Hope he gets fit and injury free. I think he can still give us something, its up to CD to push him for that spot in the 22.

Happy for Spud. Depending on how he comes back from his injuries over pre-season, I'd like to see the club consider a rotation system. Rest him every so often for Cam Delaney or McKenzie so he's fresh coming into finals. His experience will be valuable in big games.
Hope he gets fit and injury free. I think he can still give us something, its up to CD to push him for that spot in the 22.

Interesting thought, I remember him launching a 55m goal after running through the middle against Geelong in a qual final a few years ago. Can be very good for us, hard done by on this board

Thought he would, and deserved another year. Played some great footy early, tailed off but then finished well.

Some woeful calls on here concerning Spud this year, hope he proves them all wrong :thumbsu:

didn't they think Mackenzie and Sierra's mongrel cut it or something?

Wonder what Ross Lyon would think of those two and whether they would fit his game plan.....

Good depth to keep. As long as he doesn't have to play on Sam Kerridge.

We might draft or rookie him when he gets cut by the Crows. That's one way of preventing that match up. If ever he was going to impress a club it would be us.

Excellent news. I've been critical of the way he gives away 50's here and there, but let's be honest, the game is soft as sh*t now and 50m penalties are way too harsh a punishment for trivial little errors.

Any other era, they wouldn't happen. And really, yet to see a better heir of the #11 than this guy.

Good on you Spud :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Firrito going round again....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back