First finals debutant in 25 years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it really Eade's fault? Have said it before, WB depite what many have said, don't have the cattle. Their midfield can be good, but apart from Griffin and Cooney, the rest are solid. The forwardline was always an issue, even with Hall. The depth is not there. I was amazed they were favourites for the flag depite not really improving the forwardline...and to make things worse they get rid of Mr September Akermanis which was beyond stupid. Who cares if he is a brat, the bloke can play...and MUCH better than the captain can!

and to make things worse they get rid of Mr September Akermanis which was beyond stupid. Who cares if he is a brat, the bloke can play...and MUCH better than the captain can!

Here you are banging on about Johnson, Hahn and Eagleton not being up to it yet Aker is much better? Clearly you didn't watch the first 9 games. If "Mr September couldn't get it done in April - May what makes you think he would have got it done now also rewind the tape and see how Mr September went in last years finals.

I love how people have such a short memory and think that Aker would have been able to capture his form at Brisbane had he gone on and not been sent packing. :rolleyes:

Here you are banging on about Johnson, Hahn and Eagleton not being up to it yet Aker is much better? Clearly you didn't watch the first 9 games. If "Mr September couldn't get it done in April - May what makes you think he would have got it done now also rewind the tape and see how Mr September went in last years finals.

I love how people have such a short memory and think that Aker would have been able to capture his form at Brisbane had he gone on and not been sent packing. :rolleyes:

Never said Aker would be a star this year, but he sure as heck would be better than those 3 players. Fact is Aker played a poor few games this year, and was dropped (fairly I might add). What did the Dogs get from dumping him? Does it help them at all? No. Who knows how Aker's form would be now, but I can categorically say it could not be worse than Johnson's "performance" last week. At least Aker can kick straight!

I actually know quite a lot about this kid,
basically dominated all aspects of footy as a junior but was picked as a rookie because he is only 172cm.
Is a extremely tough player and has the body of a 5th or 6th year player.
I rate him.

Absolute gun in his junior days, was captain of the under 18s vic country side if im not mistaken. Was always very overdeveloped for his age though and was probably seen as having far less scope for improvement. Kid can play however

His style of play is definitely suited to finals. Has a similar approach as Picken in the way he goes about it.

Questions have got to be asked of Eade though. Higgins and Johnson were both unfit and on a good day they provide little forward pressure anyway. We have Hill who hasn't played all that often because of lack of forward pressure yet the kid is 2nd or 3rd in our goals tally without being given much of a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to his game. I hope he takes the opportunity and plays a really good game.
Disappointed that Everitt and Moles arent in instead of Hahn and either Addison/Minson.

Is it really Eade's fault? Have said it before, WB depite what many have said, don't have the cattle. Their midfield can be good, but apart from Griffin and Cooney, the rest are solid. The forwardline was always an issue, even with Hall. The depth is not there. I was amazed they were favourites for the flag depite not really improving the forwardline...and to make things worse they get rid of Mr September Akermanis which was beyond stupid. Who cares if he is a brat, the bloke can play...and MUCH better than the captain can!

Mr September? You mean this guy?
Western+Bulldogs+Training+Session+iO3Wl8Vg3mml.jpg

Certainly won't be overawed by the occassion... has a bit of mongrel and is a lovely kick.. a little slow and short but I hope he does well:thumbsu:

certainly not the Andrew Hooper I remember then..

that was one of his shortcomings, the fact that he was stocky and stumpy. lovely skills but certainly not quick..

who knows, he may of trimmed down and really worked on it?

I would be very suprised if he recorded a fast sprint time at Draft Camp.

I would be very suprised if he recorded a fast sprint time at Draft Camp.

1. Ayden Kennedy 2.88
2. Dustin Martin 2.89
3. Andrew Hooper 2.90
4. Sam Reid 2.92
=5. Sam Shaw 2.93
=5. Kane Lucas
=5. Gary Rohan
=8. Lewis Jetta 2.95
=8. Dylan Grimes
=10. Robbie Hicks 2.96
=10. Jack Fitzpatrick
=10. Bradley Sheppard
=10. Travis Colyer

2nd in agility, 3rd in the sprint, 3rd in standing vertical jump at last year's draft camp.

For a bloke whose main knock was his physical attributes, he certainly performed well in these tests. Looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Well I stand corrected then.

mind you, those tests are always a little misleading IMO.

you can throw whatever stats you like at me but there is absolutely no way Dustin Martin & Andrew Hooper are faster than Trav Colyer and Lewis Jetta.

Remove this Banner Ad

First finals debutant in 25 years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back